Aldo on McGregor fight: "It's gonna be over asap so that no one suffers"

Aldo acting like he can finish any guy anytime he wants? Then why did he let Chad turn his face into hamburger the last time they fought? Aldo is lucky he landed his best punch AFTER the bell rung to change the fight.

A guy who pulls out of half his fights says "talk is cheap". Now that's funny.

I'm putting 3 million on Mcnugget.
Wish me luck!

ok, dunno if you are a conor fan or what, and im not trying to change your mind or anything.

but since you talking about dangerous kicks, you opened an interesting window. Quick question: Aldo should be concerned about Conor kicks? What about the opposite?

EACH time Conor tries to approach Aldo he will eat a huge leg kick (also a few hits on the combo, buts all right, focusing on kicks). After a few, I dont see him moving too much. But all right...

I am a Conor fan. And listen, I think Conor will win. Not because I think he's the son of God or being biased. I simply look at the pros and cons of both fighters. This is my take on the pros for both.

I think Conor will do the same as in the Mendes fight and put on the pressure from the start and keep his back against the cage. I don't anticipate Conor standing in front of Aldo like a lame donkey the way Faber did and eat his leg kicks. People talk about his wide stance and it being perfect for Aldo to connect with leg kicks. But don't forget, boxing is Conor's base, and I think he'll use that stance come the fight. I just think Aldo hasn't faced a striker of Conor's quality or someone who hits as hard as him in the UFC or WEC. I don't think Conor is intimidated by Aldo or do I think he is over confident about beating Aldo. Aldo's record is incredible. But it means nothing on the night of the fight. Look at all the fighters throughout the years everyone thought were invincible but eventually ended up losing.

For Aldo, I think he can trade with Conor for sure. If I'm wrong and Conor uses that wide stance, his leg is going to be crippled. I've seen Aldo in the last minutes of fights almost allowing himself to be taken down and defending submissions with ease and I remember reading about him beating a very high ranked BJJ opponent in Brazil? We don't really get to see that, obviously, as he prefers to strike. I think that's a bit of an unknown weapon Aldo has - if he takes him down, how good is it in an MMA fight and how well can Conor defend.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if either fighter wins. In short, pretty much what Conor said: he's fought a lot of wrestlers with poor striking. And I think people criticise him too much for 'coasting' to wins, but I think he has been under motivated for most of his fights in the UFC. He will not have fought in a year as well come December, while Conor has been active.

It wasn't Bilharinho? My bad. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing him in the UFC.

Yeah, a lot of people said it was him at the time. He could be a big star in the UFC. His fighting style, he speaks good English and seems very witty. Also said he wants to fight at 145.

Last time it was over before it started. Is he looking to top his pullout speed?

a superfight for aldo should be with someone at LW. the #2 p4p fighter in the world shouldn't need to go down a weight class to prove anything.

I didn't. I only questioned whether it wasn't the best thing for fighters because of the Mayweather & Pacquiao back and forth over blood testing and Pacquiao saying it would drain him. Obviously they're not going to draw litres of blood out of them, but just thought it had an effect on fighters.
I believe this had something to do with the Phillipine culture.

Anyway, looking forward in seeing Aldo fight again. Hope he has a good camp and comes up victorious.

I am a Conor fan. And listen, I think Conor will win. Not because I think he's the son of God or being biased. I simply look at the pros and cons of both fighters. This is my take on the pros for both.

I think Conor will do the same as in the Mendes fight and put on the pressure from the start and keep his back against the cage. I don't anticipate Conor standing in front of Aldo like a lame donkey the way Faber did and eat his leg kicks. People talk about his wide stance and it being perfect for Aldo to connect with leg kicks. But don't forget, boxing is Conor's base, and I think he'll use that stance come the fight. I just think Aldo hasn't faced a striker of Conor's quality or someone who hits as hard as him in the UFC or WEC. I don't think Conor is intimidated by Aldo or do I think he is over confident about beating Aldo. Aldo's record is incredible. But it means nothing on the night of the fight. Look at all the fighters throughout the years everyone thought were invincible but eventually ended up losing.

For Aldo, I think he can trade with Conor for sure. If I'm wrong and Conor uses that wide stance, his leg is going to be crippled. I've seen Aldo in the last minutes of fights almost allowing himself to be taken down and defending submissions with ease and I remember reading about him beating a very high ranked BJJ opponent in Brazil? We don't really get to see that, obviously, as he prefers to strike. I think that's a bit of an unknown weapon Aldo has - if he takes him down, how good is it in an MMA fight and how well can Conor defend.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if either fighter wins. In short, pretty much what Conor said: he's fought a lot of wrestlers with poor striking. And I think people criticise him too much for 'coasting' to wins, but I think he has been under motivated for most of his fights in the UFC. He will not have fought in a year as well come December, while Conor has been active.

ok man thats fair enough, I respect your opinion. Just dont entirely agree with it, but well, at this point we can only have opinions, predictions, each to his own.

I agree with you that Conor looks a very dangerous striker. Probably toughest in Aldo's career, skill / reach / powerwise. Still, Im 100% confident in Aldo striking, imo hes the best striker in the UFC. Conor reach over aldo is not as big as it was against Mendes, and I believe Aldo speed will be overwhelming to Conor. Anyway, Aldo has been playing safer for a few years and I dont believe he will have any specific reason not to do it against Conor. By playing safe I mean landing a few, taking Conor down and ending it there.

we gonna have to wait til it happens tho.

Respect to Aldo. Still rooting for Conor.

Boxing stance is also horrible for legkicks because you shift your weight to your front leg, so that won't help him. What will help against legkicks is catching the leg if youre a good wrestler.. but Conor isn't. He should but his balance in his rear leg if he wants to avoid the legkicks. But Aldo always disguises his legkicks so it will be difficult.

And Aldo did not fight good wrestlers with poor striking. He fought Hominick, Florian, KZ, Edgar and Mendes twice.

ok man thats fair enough, I respect your opinion. Just dont entirely agree with it, but well, at this point we can only have opinions, predictions, each to his own.

I agree with you that Conor looks a very dangerous striker. Probably toughest in Aldo's career, skill / reach / powerwise. Still, Im 100% confident in Aldo striking, imo hes the best striker in the UFC. Conor reach over aldo is not as big as it was against Mendes, and I believe Aldo speed will be overwhelming to Conor. Anyway, Aldo has been playing safer for a few years and I dont believe he will have any specific reason not to do it against Conor. By playing safe I mean landing a few, taking Conor down and ending it there.

we gonna have to wait til it happens tho.

Yeah, it's a fight, anything can happen. The better fighter on the night will win. Unless it goes to decision and the 3 worst judges in MMA are working that night.

Back