After watching JDS lose, I think fighting from his back was Silvas strategy vs Sonnen

iQDI80rHoW8OG.gif
[/QUOTE]

Not there chael, I'm ticklish! :icon_lol:

Look at Silva vs Sonnen, especially the first fight. A.Silva was the freshes of the 2 going into the 5th and he looked more confident then Sonnen did. Now I have a feeling Anderson could have fought off more of Sonnens take down attemps but he preffered not to because he would have exerted too much energy.

Anybody with me?

This conservation of energy is what helps silva have the edge on opponents. Silva is special he knows how to roll with punches and bobs and weaves on the ground better than most fighters do standing. I see your point but Silva is so good at avoiding damage that JDS doesnt have the experience or dexterity to do. AS makes it look easy. You might be right about Silva letting Sonnen take him down to not fight the take down and get drained.

I think he meant "not trying to get back up".

And despite the fact that I laugh at Anderson Silva fantards because of "he wanted to finish him on the ground so he LET himself get taken down durr hurr" it has always been an AS tactic to stall on the ground and force a standup rather than pop back up.

I'm not saying anything as far as my opinion, but it was definitely the plan in that fight.
iICbZ1CJxXwSY.gif

iLb0FwVXwb4i2.jpg

ibxDEEzEUUkftK.gif

:cool:

Lets not act like sonnen was never submitted before, where as with cain its an unknown how good his submission defense is.

My belief is that Anderson wanted to win by submission at all costs, even if it meant losing trying to do so.

He came out in his Gi, never before or since has he done that.

At the end of the fight when his hand was raised, he held up his Black Belt, not the UFC belt. Never did that before or since.

Leading up to the fight Chael talked about how Anderson probably got his black belt from a happy meal. Chael made fun of Brazilian children growing up in the mud who have nothing to look forward to. Chael made fun of the Nog Brothers talking to a bus. The Nog brothers of course along with Anderson are the only people in all of MMA who were able to submit the legendary Dan Henderson in combat sports. And Dan Henderson is Chael's teammate.

This is not to say Anderson waited until the last minute to submit Chael. If he could have in the first he would have. But he promised Big Nog that he would submit this loud mouthed american, it's documented in the film Like Water. This is something Anderson promised before the fight took place.

And he did. He almost lost it all because he was willing to go out trying like he told his master he would.

Big Nog gave him his black belt. Big Nog let his arm snap and didn't tap. Those guys take BJJ seriously. It's not "gay" or a "Happy meal" toy like Sonnen would have you believe.

Last edited:
I'm not saying anything as far as my opinion, but it was definitely the plan in that fight.
iICbZ1CJxXwSY.gif

iLb0FwVXwb4i2.jpg

ibxDEEzEUUkftK.gif

I think you just said everything I wanted to but did it better with pictures:D

iICbZ1CJxXwSY.gif

iLb0FwVXwb4i2.jpg

ibxDEEzEUUkftK.gif

you still believe that? If that was anderson's plan then why was he trying to KO him while standing?

also theres a HUGE difference between GNPing a guy like bigfoot who is like a turtle on his back, and a guy like bisping.

cain gets in decent gnp because hws are slow as hell

lets not forget cain was known to have pillow fists for a long time

Chaels style is much more smothering with much less damage being inflicted, you relax on your back with Cain that'd be all she wrote

what makes u say that?

get cain in ur guard instead of turtling up with him on ur back letting him pound on u

Spider had broken rib. So funny you retards don't realize this.

Spider fans always go out their way to take that performance away from chael, it's pathetic - chael lost both times - get over it

you still believe that? If that was anderson's plan then why was he trying to KO him while standing?

What makes you think he wasn't just trying to knock Chael on his ass then get position?

When before that fight in the UFC had Anderson ever one punch KO'ed anybody?

What makes you think he wasn't just trying to knock Chael on his ass then get position?

When before that fight in the UFC had Anderson ever one punch KO'ed anybody?

Forrest griffin?

And that's your new theory now? it keeps evolving doesn't it. So now his masterplan was to rock him before submitting him.

Then let me ask you this. Why was he then trying to resist chael taking him down?

Hmm... not to sure about that.

Im going to find the Cain vs Congo fight and watch it again. Like I said earlier If I remember right Congo spent most of the fight on his back & if I my memory serves me right he was battered but not that bad & everytime they go to there feet he came close to putting Cain to sleep.

I'm sure JDS has a better guard then Congo and hits harder then Congo.

yeah cains gnp wasnt hard at all in that fight

but again, kongo actually has some athleticism, unlike some of cains previous opponents

Forrest griffin?

And that's your new theory now? it keeps evolving doesn't it. So now his masterplan was to rock him before submitting him.

Then let me ask you this. Why was he then trying to resist chael taking him down?

Not a new theory at all. Just an after the fact observation, a couple of years removed with lots of evidence now in to consider.

And Griffen? Really? Sure he went down after a punch, but that was proceeded by a thorough thrashing that lead up to it.

And why did he try to resist the takedowns? Are you seriously asking me why a fighter would put up a defense in a fight?

Why did Anderson take Chael down in that fight?

if ur denying the rib injury then ur just plain stupid

lol you're a typical fan boy, did it hurt you seeing silva get put on his back for 25 mins? lemme guess, you also believe he waited until teh 5th round to sink in the triangle? moron

Back