After watching JDS lose, I think fighting from his back was Silvas strategy vs Sonnen

Ah okay you are trolling ... or are you just to stupid to see the difference in wanting to win and having every fight go exactly as you wanted? What is your explanation for the Maia debacle then?
He won the Maia fight didnt he? im not saying that AS has never gone through adversity or that he had never been worried in a fight but what matters is the win, thats what he plans to do. Im really not sure what you're getting at and just because im making your attempts at an argument seem foolish doesnt mean im trolling.

He won the Maia fight didnt he? im not saying that AS has never gone through adversity or that he had never been worried in a fight

That is exactly what you did.

but what matters is the win, thats what he plans to do. Im really not sure what you're getting at

What I am getting at is exactly what I wrote a few posts ago. Go back and look it up.

and just because im making your attempts at an argument seem foolish doesnt mean im trolling.

Guess what - its you who is looking foolish.

That is exactly what you did.

What I am getting at is exactly what I wrote a few posts ago. Go back and look it up.

Guess what - its you who is looking foolish.
When did i claim that? I just said that his perfection is shown in the fact that he is 100% in the UFC so the means he uses are justified by the ends? Im not sure you know what you're even trying to say anymore, however if you come back with a sensible opinion ill be happy to discuss it with you.

Can we please stop with the "Anderson let Chael take him down" nonsense already?

it's pretty amazing but there's people who still believe this. A true anderson nuthugger will never admit their hero has any weakness. Whatever seemed to go wrong must have been his plan. you bring up the fights he lost by submission they will say'yeah but he was not in his prime yet, the ufc silva is unbeatable'

What about the second fight with sonnen? must have been his plan to lay on the ground for pretty much the entire first round and get mounted right? haha, can't reason with these people.

What is it with you guys and these threads where you take a result from a fight with 2 guys, and then try and find some meaning it has for a fight between two completely different guys?

it's pretty amazing but there's people who still believe this. A true anderson nuthugger will never admit their hero has any weakness. Whatever seemed to go wrong must have been his plan. you bring up the fights he lost by submission they will say'yeah but he was not in his prime yet, the ufc silva is unbeatable'

What about the second fight with sonnen? must have been his plan to lay on the ground for pretty much the entire first round and get mounted right? haha, can't reason with these people.
Im not saying that he doesn't have weaknesses, but im saying that they obviously don't matter as he keeps winning. Why are you trying to talk down this guys achievements? Is it coz he made the guy in your AV look like a rookie or do you just have some form of superiority complex?

Im not saying that he doesn't have weaknesses, but im saying that they obviously don't matter as he keeps winning. Why are you trying to talk down this guys achievements? Is it coz he made the guy in your AV look like a rookie or do you just have some form of superiority complex?

I just can't stand all these silly theories that make no sense.

At what point did he ostrisize the champion? That was fair criticism and you know it. This topic is quite delusional.

When did i claim that? I just said that his perfection is shown in the fact that he is 100% in the UFC so the means he uses are justified by the ends?

No you answered a post

Yeah silva is just perfect, everything goes according to his plan, he doesn't have any weaknesses. Everything that happens must have been silva's will, that's what you guys believe right

with

Being unbeaten in the UFC seems to suggest so...

So it seems to suggest that silva is just perfect, everything goes according to his plan, he doesn't have any weaknesses. Everything that happens must have been silva's will, that's what you guys believe right, really?

Im not sure you know what you're even trying to say anymore, however if you come back with a sensible opinion ill be happy to discuss it with you.

- You have not used a sensible argument in any one of your posts
- You refuse to admit that what you said means exactly what you are denying now
- You are unable or unwilling to go back a few pages to read what I wrote
- You are unwilling or unable to grasp basic english sentences
=> I have no wish to further 'discuss' anything with you for you are a grade a moron.

No you answered a post

with

So it seems to suggest that silva is just perfect, everything goes according to his plan, he doesn't have any weaknesses. Everything that happens must have been silva's will, that's what you guys believe right, really?

- You have not used a sensible argument in any one of your posts
- You refuse to admit that what you said means exactly what you are denying now
- You are unable or unwilling to go back a few pages to read what I wrote
- You are unwilling or unable to grasp basic english sentences
=> I have no wish to further 'discuss' anything with you for you are a grade a moron.
Every fight he has had in the UFC has been perfect in that he has won. His plan is to win. Again im not sure how you can argue that anyone with a 100% record of wins is anything less than perfect. But we're done here.

Every fight he has had in the UFC has been perfect in that he has won. His plan is to win. Again im not sure how you can argue that anyone with a 100% record of wins is anything less than perfect. But we're done here.

All I'm going to say about that is...Silva knew what he was doing...:cool:

iQDI80rHoW8OG.gif

I could watch this gif all day

But now i will never know if you think im cute or not! Or if you like long walks on the beach! woe is me!

My belief is that Anderson wanted to win by submission at all costs, even if it meant losing trying to do so.

He came out in his Gi, never before or since has he done that.

At the end of the fight when his hand was raised, he held up his Black Belt, not the UFC belt. Never did that before or since.

Leading up to the fight Chael talked about how Anderson probably got his black belt from a happy meal. Chael made fun of Brazilian children growing up in the mud who have nothing to look forward to. Chael made fun of the Nog Brothers talking to a bus. The Nog brothers of course along with Anderson are the only people in all of MMA who were able to submit the legendary Dan Henderson in combat sports. And Dan Henderson is Chael's teammate.

This is not to say Anderson waited until the last minute to submit Chael. If he could have in the first he would have. But he promised Big Nog that he would submit this loud mouthed american, it's documented in the film Like Water. This is something Anderson promised before the fight took place.

And he did. He almost lost it all because he was willing to go out trying like he told his master he would.

Big Nog gave him his black belt. Big Nog let his arm snap and didn't tap. Those guys take BJJ seriously. It's not "gay" or a "Happy meal" toy like Sonnen would have you believe.

Calm down.

Huge Anderson fan here offering my take on the near loss to Sonnen, since I haven't seen a single reasonable take on that fight from a Spider fan, which is regrettable.

Anderson did not want to be dominated the way he was. Laying there getting dominated was not part of the plan. He did his best to resist the take downs and was trying to hurt Chael whenever he could, standing. Silva is fucking incredible, but he's not perfect. He had a pretty poor performance, that night.

Submitting Chael was part of the plan, but there are many other positions that you can submit somebody from. Anderson probably wanted to handle Chael much in the same way he handled Hendo.

That said. Anderson did an amazing job avoiding real damage and made the best of bad night. He's an amazing champion.

Back