Advice for a new muscle car?

i think its gonna bea caddy super car. There really is no need for a rear engine corvette consider how dominate they are in racing
Could be both, the Zora with cheaper interior and such with the Caddy having the fancy leather shit every where.

Yeah, there really isn't a reason to do it, but I'm happy just the same.

And was it last week that Corvette won their 100th race?

Could be both, the Zora with cheaper interior and such with the Caddy having the fancy leather shit every where.

Yeah, there really isn't a reason to do it, but I'm happy just the same.

And was it last week that Corvette won their 100th race?

They are pretty much in full control of american le mans, however they where cheated out of the another le mans win

Eh gotta rev the crap outta it and keep it between 6k and 9k rpm to get any power

to each his own.

Nothing more pathetic then 50 year old geezers in a new Vetts or Viper pretending they are still in the late 20s.

If you can afford it get it enjoy the fuck out if it.

i think you're looking at it from the wrong perspective

maybe these guys can only afford the car of their dreams once they're 50 year old geezers?

The best muscle cars are old, forget new

I drive a 2013 Jetta TDI at the moment, and while I do like it, I am in a crave of a more powerful vehicle. I been doing some Google research but figured I ask the Mayberry as well.

I am looking at a Mustang, Camaro, or a Challenger. I particulary lean more towards a Challenger at the moment though, just on looks alone (I do like the new Mustangs though). Things I should know? Are the V6 versions even worth getting? Years in particular?

I am willing to spend around 25,000 to 27k at most.

Get the mustang. V6 new model of mustang is only for rental cars i think.

I drove a challenger before and it was like driving a boat.

to each his own.

Nothing more pathetic then 50 year old geezers in a new Vetts or Viper pretending they are still in the late 20s.

If you can afford it get it enjoy the fuck out if it.

Nothing more pathetic than some dude who judges others by the fucking car they drive ffs.
People should drive what they like. For the most part people who drive mercedes, vws, cadillacs, and bmws all end up being a bundle of sticks.

People like to drive fast. I guess some people are stuck driving their douchy little shit mobiles and get jealous and butthurt.

PS Not really seeing an age limit on any car. It is not like GROWN MEN playing video games and watching comic book hero movies and shit. Now that is fucking sad. That is what you do as a child.
Driving is something you do as an adult.

But hey, I guess in your view only the rich should own muscle cars because that is about the only way some young kid is getting one.

I drive a 2013 Jetta TDI at the moment, and while I do like it, I am in a crave of a more powerful vehicle. I been doing some Google research but figured I ask the Mayberry as well.

I am looking at a Mustang, Camaro, or a Challenger. I particulary lean more towards a Challenger at the moment though, just on looks alone (I do like the new Mustangs though). Things I should know? Are the V6 versions even worth getting? Years in particular?

You'll have to buy used if you want a Camaro SS, Challenger RT or GT Mustang. Which is fine, but don't buy a new V6 version of any of these cars. At that point, you may as well keep your current car.

"A lot of pep" ? You should never say those words again. :cool:

A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep A lot of pep

I'm not saying don't get a V8.

<bball1>

op said 25,000 to 27k

wtf about that is "such a expensive car" lol a corolla get up to that with options.

don't worry your beater of a car cant take corner like we can, you will be easily avoided.

yeah, i guess that isn't much money. i don't have a car. but that's by choice as i live in a city where i don't need one, and it's more of a burden to have one than not. i guess it's the old-man in me thinking it's dangerous to race around on the streets in public. i just hope whenever i do find myself driving, that i avoid all you speed-racers.

I get that you're obviously a Ford fanboy but you seriously think the Camaro looks like shit?

2016-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-VS-Ford-Mustang-GT-front-three-quarter-in-motion.jpg
I'm not a Ford fanboy, I'm anti Chevy. Ive always hated them. I'll admit the Vette is badass though. I don't have a Ford anymore and haven't for a while. I would love a Challenger, they look sexy as hell IMO. And honestly I don't like the Camaro looks. Just my opinion, and I know many disagree and there's no problem with that.

You'll have to buy used if you want a Camaro SS, Challenger RT or GT Mustang. Which is fine, but don't buy a new V6 version of any of these cars. At that point, you may as well keep your current car.
Yea I agree. Why buy a v6 out those 3? Save money a little longer or try and find one that's used and not beat to hell. Never buy a brand new car anyways, they lose so much value the second you drive off the lot.

New mustang, handles much better than the other options.

Don't obsess over horsepower, none of these cars are built to be able to use anything over 350hp anyway.

New mustang, handles much better than the other options.

I would probably agree with this. The ecoboost Mustang is definitely not a bad option.

Plus you can do just a tune and add something around 45 hp and 70 ft lbs. I know some ford dealers offer performance parts (intake/exhaust/etc) and tunes that don't void warranty as long as they do everything.

Of the V8 options the Camaro is the best on the skid pad and figure 8. I was surprised to see the drop off with the V6 model. Especially because it is the lightest.

Fuck new muscle cars. Was gonna go with a T-Rex cam, instead went with the daily driver friendly Texas speed cam 228r. Borla catback, slp intake, slp longtube headers and Texas speed
228r cam.

Gonna get these wheels eventually on my pewter z28.

I would probably agree with this. The ecoboost Mustang is definitely not a bad option.

Plus you can do just a tune and add something around 45 hp and 70 ft lbs. I know some ford dealers offer performance parts (intake/exhaust/etc) and tunes that don't void warranty as long as they do everything.

Of the V8 options the Camaro is the best on the skid pad and figure 8. I was surprised to see the drop off with the V6 model. Especially because it is the lightest.
The 2016 SS is pretty fucking badass, I've read that it's actually lighter than this MY's GT.

you will never get a straight answer just go drive them and get the one YOU want

lol

If you're even considering anything 6 cylinder or below.. you aren't in 'muscle car' territory.

If you aren't looking for a daily driver, and this will just be something of a toy for you -and you have that 20k to burn.. I'd look at the real thing as far as true 60's 70's era muscle cars. If you have that kind of cash, theres quite a selection of real muscle cars to work with. You can even look for a basic V8 model that isn't an SS (for example) because the after market for cars like this is huge and you can pick something up for 10k that's still pretty decent and spend the rest upgrading the vehicle yourself turning it into what you want.

Not only that, but you'll have a rue classic if you go that route that will be a real head turner wherever you go.

Back