Advice for a new muscle car?

Knight of M

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I drive a 2013 Jetta TDI at the moment, and while I do like it, I am in a crave of a more powerful vehicle. I been doing some Google research but figured I ask the Mayberry as well.

I am looking at a Mustang, Camaro, or a Challenger. I particulary lean more towards a Challenger at the moment though, just on looks alone (I do like the new Mustangs though). Things I should know? Are the V6 versions even worth getting? Years in particular?

I am willing to spend around 25,000 to 27k at most.

Only one right answer.

i don't have a car, but i personally don't see the reason to have a really fast car, if you don't take it to the track. are all you guys who have really fast cars speeding when cops aren't around? if you're not, and don't take it to the track, then i'd say you spent a whole bunch of money for nothing.

"Worth it" is subjective.

The new V6 Camaro and ecoboost Mustang are pretty even in terms of performance. The challenger is much heavier and slower.

Go test drive them.

For one there are no muscle cars, they are just sports cars and gt cars these days.

You want real muscle buy a well restored old beast.

Either of the 3 you choose will make you happy, test drive em and pick what drives best.

i don't have a car, but i personally don't see the reason to have a really fast car, if you don't take it to the track. are all you guys who have really fast cars speeding when cops aren't around? if you're not, and don't take it to the track, then i'd say you spent a whole bunch of money for nothing.

Yep pretty much speed plenty when the road is clear, know where the pigs lay in wait and their likely paths.

By the way you don't have to speed to enjoy a sports car. they turn left and right to you know.

Keep your current car. Invest your money in a diversified fund. Keep investing 20% of your gross income. Thank me in thirty years.

Go south to LA and hop on the 405. You'll see plenty of people with challengers and mustangs fly at 100mph.

For one there are no muscle cars, they are just sports cars and gt cars these days.

You want real muscle buy a well restored old beast.

Either of the 3 you choose will make you happy, test drive em and pick what drives best.

Yep pretty much speed plenty when the road is clear, know where the pigs lay in wait and their likely paths.

By the way you don't have to speed to enjoy a sports car. they turn left and right to you know.

how fast exactly are you going when you turn left and right?

are all you guys who have really fast cars speeding when cops aren't around? if you're not, and don't take it to the track, then i'd say you spent a whole bunch of money for nothing.

That's what I do. Basically everyone I know with a fast car does the same.

These also help you do that.

max-360_full-1.jpg

Keep your current car. Invest your money in a diversified fund. Keep investing 20% of your gross income. Thank me in thirty years.

to each his own.

Nothing more pathetic then 50 year old geezers in a new Vetts or Viper pretending they are still in the late 20s.

If you can afford it get it enjoy the fuck out if it.

Get a challenger, the new ones are 485 hp stock.

Mustang or Challenger imo. In my experience the Camaro is a rolling blind spot.

Depends on the corner, there is a limit you know.

my point with that post, was to imply that you can't possibly be going fast-enough to justify such a fast and expensive car on normal roads. all i can say, is that i hope i avoid all of you when i'm driving in some beater of a car, and i come across some crazy muscle-car seeking to look cool by going all crazy on some turn. i'll be sure to knock on wood.

With that budget I would suggest a preowned srt8 challenger. So fast so badass. One of the coolest cars I have driven. I was in the biz for years and have driven everything. Stay away from v6 if u like power. They are fine but not really fun. The Cameron should be an SS and the sting should be a gt with an upgrade package which there are tons of for more juice.

Buying a performance oriented vehicle isn't a rational choice to begin with, if you really do want to go fast...responsibly, don't settle. V6 pony cars are for women and teenagers whose parents pay their bills for them.

If you are a Mopar guy I would find a Hellcat but you can get a vette for the same money. The new mustangs are ugly as hell imo so I would buy the camaro if you want a new hot rod.

If you want a real muscle car you could get a modernized version of just about any classic for 15,000-40,000 depending on how bad ass you pick.

to each his own.

Nothing more pathetic then 50 year old geezers in a new Vetts or Viper pretending they are still in the late 20s.

If you can afford it get it enjoy the fuck out if it.

Old guys in badass cars are spending their hard earned money on cool shit before they croak. Better hope you're doing the same.

They can pull young pussy but that doesn't mean they think they're 20.

my point with that post, was to imply that you can't possibly be going fast-enough to justify such a fast and expensive car on normal roads. all i can say, is that i hope i avoid all of you when i'm driving in some beater of a car, and i come across some crazy muscle-car seeking to look cool by going all crazy on some turn. i'll be sure to knock on wood.

<bball1>

op said 25,000 to 27k

wtf about that is "such a expensive car" lol a corolla get up to that with options.

don't worry your beater of a car cant take corner like we can, you will be easily avoided.

Back