News Adesanya: Jones is stupid for bulking up to HW, No plan to add weight for 205 Jump

Not necessarily.

sylviatim.jpg
That’s not when he was roiding though

WcCgdzo1y0T2bfpNq1VtviSxBNRO8_8DRe-lsEeGaSykmcnYyg_myqEgd1hw7dl_HbrzSAbvzk36GeG7UrvClPFQy1nPQXkhzjW_uQ

That post has a link an article that speculates a bunch with no proof. It’s clickbait
He doesn't have to bulk up. Just by working out and getting older he'll add muscle naturally. That's not the same as bulking.

I'll will mention this. The Izzy that fought Costa is noticably bigger and thicker than the Izzy that first got into the UFC. Look at the Brunson fight and tell me he hasn't added size.

It's not just about adding size, it's strength, too. Jones is going to rag doll Izzy to the canvas and GnP him into a skinny, bloody mess.

Izzy does make some sense though. I mean, people just think they are going to add 15 pounds of muscle or something and be the exact same fighter they were without the 15 pounds. Sure, you might have more power but there is a reason HWs are usually slower and gas much quicker.

I'm sure Izzy will gain some weight just from the fact he doesn'thave to watch his diet as much if he doesn'thave to worry about cutting. But I don't see the point of ading 15 pounds based on the style he likes to fight with. For once I actually agree with this guy.

I think some people are missing the point. Izzy is just saying he doesn't want to add a ton of bulk b/c he doesn't know how it would affect his work rate, speed, flexibility, cardio, etc. Look at guys like Frankie who fought most of his career being undersized. It works for some people.

So Izzy fought HW at 220lbs in Kickboxing, so you'd imagine his weight would be somewhere around here at HW in the UFC.
Anyone know what his walk about weight is? I wouldn't be surprised if his LHW fight he came in at 205.
he s walking weigth is 203 uncle chael even said is below 190 and it could easily made walterweigth

If Izzy can KO Jon, will he dog hump him like he did Costa?

If he actually dosen't add mass im pretty sure some LHWs could smother him in the clinch and on the ground.

Someone tell Izzy there's no TDs and wrestling in KB, I'm sure he defends some TDs from his team mates or tap them, but in competition is a completely different ballgame.

This is correct when speaking short term. Putting on weight and moving up, or just simply moving up without cutting, often won't end well. You're not used to fighting like that. See Holloway jumping up against Poirier where it just very clearly was a LW vs a FW as Poirier had long adjusted to LW while Holloway just moved up.

Jones isn't saying he's doing that though. He's putting on the weight slowly, then re-adjusting to the size, and only then going into camp for fighting. Hence why it's Stipe vs Ngannou in March, not Stipe vs Jones in March. By the time Jon fights, he will be used to working at HW. He'll have had probably 1+ year working on this transition.

I overall agree Jon would probably be better as a 225-230 HW who tries to be much faster than them rather than trying to nullify some of their strength and size, but I'm also fully expecting him to come in actually ready to fight at whatever weight he shows up in. His record and status mean far too much to half ass that. People criticized GSP for the years he spent working to MW, and while his tank didn't seem quite what it used to be, his strength and power clearly did transfer correctly by taking that time to do so.

jones got older. it wasn't the weight he put on, it was just age. he's not gonna be the 22 year old that whooped shogun

Yup. As they say, it's not the years, it's the mileage and Jones has a lot of miles on those skinny legs. He's definitely slowed down and isn't near as athletic as he was in his early 20s. I still say a lot of his problem now is he fights not to lose rather than to win so he points fights a lot.

I've bet Jones doesn't come in much heavier then 230 which is around his walking around weight anyway. He is a crazy wild fucker but dumb he is not.

Back