News Adesanya: Jones is stupid for bulking up to HW, No plan to add weight for 205 Jump

Izzy literally said he had a 2 year plan and wanted to add some weight before moving to LHW after winning the belt.
I don't remember him ever saying he needed to add weight. He's been consistently saying he wouldn't bulk even if he fought at heavyweight. Literally every time he discusses moving up he says he'll stay around his normal weight.

You may have misconstrued. His 2 year plan was just to honor his championship duties at 185 and grow his skills.

jones got older. it wasn't the weight he put on, it was just age. he's not gonna be the 22 year old that whooped shogun

Reactions: egk
So you're saying he didn't say he had a 2 year plan and doesn't need to get rushed to LHW?

You probably forgot to told Jon he had to fight him at MW if he wanted to fight too?
“I just got my middleweight title in April, and I defended it for the first time in October,” Adesanya told MMA Fighting. “I want to defend my belt against all the middleweights that are the biggest threats supposedly before I jump up in weight. If Jon wants to fight me now, he’s got to come down to middleweight.

That's from last November. Izzy had a 2 year plan that included clearing out the MW division AND adding size naturally. That's exactly why he said don't rush me. He's rushing himself now because he sees Jan as easy work but if Jon was still champ he'd be like "I gotta stick to my plans and not deviate from it."
Maybe he thinks Jan is an easier matchup, but I think he’s doing it more so to troll Jones, if he wins he will be relentless on him. And izzys social media game is light years ahead of “my kids are on fire with god” Jones. The hate is real there.

So Izzy fought HW at 220lbs in Kickboxing, so you'd imagine his weight would be somewhere around here at HW in the UFC.
Anyone know what his walk about weight is? I wouldn't be surprised if his LHW fight he came in at 205.

They have completely different fighting styles. So that statement is completely pointless.

I don't remember him ever saying he needed to add weight. He's been consistently saying he wouldn't bulk even if he fought at heavyweight. Literally every time he discusses moving up he says he'll stay around his normal weight.

You may have misconstrued. His 2 year plan was just to honor his championship duties at 185 and grow his skills.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lowkickmma.com/israel-adesanya-putting-on-weight-photo/?amp

This is an article from not to far back that alludes to Izzy working out and adding weight for a move to 205.

Idk. I google seasoned Izzy adding weight and that's the first thing that popped up.

We have to believe that Izzy and his team is at best naive to think he can move up a weight class and not add weight. This isn't pure striking where size doesn't matter as much. But throw in grappling and size matters and we have to believe they know that.

Honestly it would explain gyno tits because I don't believe for one second that Izzy never noticed his chest was becoming deformed until his last fight.

So you're saying he didn't say he had a 2 year plan and doesn't need to get rushed to LHW?

I’m saying that Adesanya NEVER said he was going to gain weight.

You probably forgot to told Jon he had to fight him at MW if he wanted to fight too?
“I just got my middleweight title in April, and I defended it for the first time in October,” Adesanya told MMA Fighting. “I want to defend my belt against all the middleweights that are the biggest threats supposedly before I jump up in weight. If Jon wants to fight me now, he’s got to come down to middleweight.

That's from last November. Izzy had a 2 year plan that included clearing out the MW division AND adding size naturally. That's exactly why he said don't rush me. He's rushing himself now because he sees Jan as easy work but if Jon was still champ he'd be like "I gotta stick to my plans and not deviate from it."

How is he deviating from his plan??

He said he would fight Jones in July 2021 in Vegas Allegaint Stadium. This fight sets that up. Nothing is being rushed

I’m saying that Adesanya NEVER said he was going to gain weight.

How is he deviating from his plan??

He said he would fight Jones in July 2021 in Vegas Allegaint Stadium. This fight sets that up. Nothing is being rushed
See post above yours

Couldn't juicing help him add muscle?
Not necessarily.

sylviatim.jpg

It will be interesting to see Adesanya fight for the LHW title without putting any weight on. Almost like the early days when weight classes didn't exist. Izzy definitely has a warrior heart:D

Lmao... we will see how it goes for Israel at lhw without adding a pound.

Izzy literally said he had a 2 year plan and wanted to add some weight before moving to LHW after winning the belt.

Guess he changed hes opinion then, lol.

He has a point with not bulking up, after all.

Adesanya talks like he knocked Hari, Verhoeven and Hoost out cold. He has fought no HW kickboxers lol, they were all small themselves below 100kg , 220 Ibs for us, and part time fighters

Anyways yeah Adesanya will of course add weight and won't come in under 204/205 . Jones the same for HW, although Jones doesn't need to add lots of weight, just come in around 235 and he will be totally fine and do well, he should not come in at 245+ because he will become slow and sluggish I think. 230-238 range will be good for Jones

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lowkickmma.com/israel-adesanya-putting-on-weight-photo/?amp

This is an article from not to far back that alludes to Izzy working out and adding weight for a move to 205.

Idk. I google seasoned Izzy adding weight and that's the first thing that popped up.

We have to believe that Izzy and his team is at best naive to think he can move up a weight class and not add weight. This isn't pure striking where size doesn't matter as much. But throw in grappling and size matters and we have to believe they know that.

Honestly it would explain gyno tits because I don't believe for one second that Izzy never noticed his chest was becoming deformed until his last fight.

He has been saying that he wouldn’t put on weight to fight at LHW and HW since 2019.

Y’all just haven’t been paying attention

“Yeah, definitely,” Adesanya told Submission Radio about fighting UFC heavyweight champion, Stipe Miocic. “There are certain things we can take advantage of (at heavyweight). And people think I’m gonna have to put on size, but that’s cause they’re dumb, they don’t understand the game. I weighed in with full clothes and a box of Dunkin’ Donuts the last time I fought at heavyweight. And so I stayed the same weight, but I still packed a punch. And I even dropped the second guy, flatlined him.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...hink-hes-too-skinny-flatline-stipe-miocic-mma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back