Addiction Is A Grave Medical Disease

LOL at arguing coke is a PED. I've done tons of coke in my youth and it never made me better at anything other than drinking. And no one does just a tiny bit. The high lasts about 20 minutes and then you do another line.

Jones partied with coke, he didn't do it in training.

Lol, thanks for the insight on your life but you can't compare the two. Cocaine is definitely a PED.

People don't understand the way you dose coke, it wears off really quick so you can experience a dip as soon as 40 mins after your hit. To compensate that you'll have to take more. Within an couple of hours you're high as fuck and you're heart beats like you just ran a marathon. Even if you take just enough to compensate the crash, the side effects will increase in a short time like feeling high, heart racing etc. There just is no way coke would help training over increased periods of time.

LOL at arguing coke is a PED. I've done tons of coke in my youth and it never made me better at anything other than drinking.
Reliable source is reliable.

So many uneducated people here

addiction is not an illness in most cases

substance abuse is a symptom (self destructive behavior) of some personality disorders such as borderline personality... In that case it is a mental illness because the drug abuse is a symptom of a bigger problem, and its harder to get clean because of impulses caused by the disorder

but when you are a junkie for the sake of being a junkie, you are not sick or have an illness. You are just a drug addict. Its your choice. Not an illness

jones does not have a disorder.

LOL at arguing coke is a PED. I've done tons of coke in my youth and it never made me better at anything other than drinking. And no one does just a tiny bit. The high lasts about 20 minutes and then you do another line.

Yeah well tell Lawrence Taylor that. It definitely helps

What you're missing is ABUSE PRECEDES ADDICTION...

...and abuse is a choice.

He CHOSE to do cocaine which runs contrary to his "virtuous, Christian behavior." No one put a gun to his head. He CHOSE to ingest poison and he consistently CHOOSES to be a charlatan.

Well I guess since it never made dc007 better anything it doesn't work guys. you heard it here first.

Whatcha know about dem beanies son?

Speed aka amphetamines (adderall,vyvanse,dexedrine), which is basically pharmaceutical version of crystal meth give you that energy... like drinking 100 coffees.. waking you up... lets you focus... unlimited cardio and energy... train harder

(OBVIOUSLY IM NOT TALKING ABOUT ABUSING LIKE A JUNKIE... but like takin a adderall or something before training would benefit you a lot)

and for those who are morons

COKE HAS ALMOST THE EXACT SAME EFFECTS AS SPEED / METH.. THIS IS A WELL KNOWN FACT. SAME EUPHORIA AS LONG AS YOU JUST TAKE A LITTLE HIT RATHER THAN SNORT 8 BALLS LIKE A JUNKIE

JONES WAS TAKING HITS DURING CAMP TO ENHANCE HIS TRAINING

Nonsense, I see most of you dont know what you are talking about. That is ridiculous and no one would allow a fighter to take cocaine to enhance anything.

Cocaine affects the body in a variety of ways. It constricts blood vessels, dilates pupils, and increases body temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure. It can also cause headaches and gastrointestinal complications such as abdominal pain and nausea. Because cocaine tends to decrease appetite, chronic users can become malnourished as well.

You dont train on cocaine because it can and will kill you. There is no one who would allow jones take cocaine when there are other alternatives that would not kill you or cause a heart attack. No one trains on cocaine outside of mental patients.

Speed aka amphetamines (adderall,vyvanse,dexedrine), which is basically pharmaceutical version of crystal meth....

Stopped reading right here. You have no business posting about shit you know absolutely nothing about.

I really doubt he did it for anything besides partying. It works too fast to be used as a PED.

While the TS is 100% correct.

This the real reason he is in rehab.

The fact that he got busted and that it's a p.r. nightmare has absolutely no bearing on whether or not he is an addict and should be in treatment. When a doctor tells you you have early stages of whatever disease, the circumstances under which you went to the doctor no longer matter.

Millions of people get treatment because they "got busted," because they want to get out of trouble. But the trouble, the "got busted" thing is always SOMETHING. There's always some amount of smoke. JBJ did, in fact, have blow in his system on 12/4. Most people go their whole lives without having cocaine in their systems.

People don't understand the way you dose coke, it wears off really quick so you can experience a dip as soon as 40 mins after your hit. To compensate that you'll have to take more. Within an couple of hours you're high as fuck and you're heart beats like you just ran a marathon. Even if you take just enough to compensate the crash, the side effects will increase in a short time like feeling high, heart racing etc. There just is no way coke would help training over increased periods of time.

This. It's a pretty bad drug to use as a PED. The argument makes no sense. Any anabolic steroid or even painkillers would be way more useful for training.

I've used a pretty large amount of amphetamines in my life, as a pre-med student. Uppers are awesome for doing homework but they fuck with you heart. You may have more energy to feel like working out but you'll get tired faster when you actually do it.

Jon doesn't have a real physical addiction. He was clean during his fight so that means he didn't have any coke for a few days leading up to the fight. If he was physically addicted there would be no way he would of been able to make weight, go all the pre fight shit, or fight while going through withdrawals. The post fight interview was in no way withdrawals, not even close. I have no idea why people are bringing that up.

Of course mentally is a different story, and people can be mentally addicted to anything, even cheeseburgers. Honestly though since he isn't physically addicted and got caught this definitely should save him from any real addiction. He won't have any real symptoms of not using, just boredom which is easy to get over. Most people become mentally addicted without really knowing, and end up messing up by taking the drug too many days in a row which causes a real physically withdrawal addiction. That's when it's almost impossible to quit.

So in reality this actually a great thing for Jon. He gets a wake up call before his mental addiction, if he even has that, turns into a full blown addiction. This should be a cake walk for him considering he seems like a dude who's in a good place, just likes to party.

Rehab is a PR stunt.

This.

Its a stmulant, but would not help in training or in a fight.

Could help for a weight cut though.

This. It's a pretty bad drug to use as a PED. The argument makes no sense. Any anabolic steroid or even painkillers would be way more useful for training.

I've used a pretty large amount of amphetamines in my life, as a pre-med student. Uppers are awesome for doing homework but they fuck with you heart. You may have more energy to feel like working out but you'll get tired faster when you actually do it.

Caffeine increases your heart rate too.... but people drink coffee before training..

Welshing on bets is for the weak.

Seriously shut the fuck up.

Crying over someone else's bet is weak

This is just to save Jones, he isnt an addict

They are just trying to do some damage control

addiction is not an illness in most cases

Are you in some renegade cell of doctors and scientists who've peeled off to stand in opposition to the AMA?

Because that statement is in direct opposition to what medical science has determined.

Back