Addiction Is A Grave Medical Disease

Is this the first time you've heard of an athlete/celebrity check into rehab? Because it's my 1567th time.

Addiction is a Choice. I oppose addiction, and Jones needs to be punished as hard as any average guy on the streets. Enough granting celebrities a zero-consequence lifestyle just because they are rich.

Pound the nail!

Yes. And?

A huge number of recovering addicts check in (literally an figuratively) as a result of getting caught.

If he's an addict, he's functioning at a pretty fucking high level. This is public relations motivated, guaranteed.

Has a night out in Vegas, does some shit.

Gets caught.

Retains belt.

Checks into rehab for damage control.

There is no addiction here folks ... let it go.

Addiction is a Choice. I oppose addiction, and Jones needs to be punished as hard as any average guy on the streets. Enough granting celebrities a zero-consequence lifestyle just because they are rich.

Pound the nail!

The average guy on the streets get zero punishment to failing a drug test.

Also, addictions such a opioid and benzodiazepine addiction are far from a choice.

rehab is for the weak... he checked into it to save himself from the media and act like he is taking some action

Welshing on bets is for the weak.

Seriously shut the fuck up.

He shoulda just came out and said "I like to party, I promise I won't get caught next time"

Do we? How is that then?

There's no way for us to know. But addiction is a progressive disease and its early stages can appear relatively benign to the eyes of people who use/abuse/have-fun-with booze and drugs without running into trouble. (Which is to say the vast, vast majority of people who fool around with booze and drugs.)

A legitimate, medically oriented treatment facility will recognize the early stages of a serious problem from a mile away. Or they won't--in which case they won't treat someone for a disease they don't have.

Speed aka amphetamines (adderall,vyvanse,dexedrine), which is basically pharmaceutical version of crystal meth give you that energy... like drinking 100 coffees.. waking you up... lets you focus... unlimited cardio and energy... train harder

(OBVIOUSLY IM NOT TALKING ABOUT ABUSING LIKE A JUNKIE... but like takin a adderall or something before training would benefit you a lot)

and for those who are morons

COKE HAS ALMOST THE EXACT SAME EFFECTS AS SPEED / METH.. THIS IS A WELL KNOWN FACT. SAME EUPHORIA AS LONG AS YOU JUST TAKE A LITTLE HIT RATHER THAN SNORT 8 BALLS LIKE A JUNKIE

JONES WAS TAKING HITS DURING CAMP TO ENHANCE HIS TRAINING

There's no way for us to know. But addiction is a progressive disease and its early stages can appear relatively benign to the eyes of people who use/abuse/have-fun-with booze and drugs without running into trouble. (Which is to say the vast, vast majority of people who fool around with booze and drugs.)

A legitimate, medically oriented treatment facility will recognize the early stages of a serious problem from a mile away. Or they won't--in which case they won't treat someone for a disease they don't have.

They just need some god!

What makes you think Jones only did it once? I bet he has been coked his entire training time, and only got caught once.

Hm, meth is stronger actually.

And I hate working out on amphetamines. Your heart rate goes crazy and so does your BP. But yes, it can be considered a PED. More often though it's used as a party drug.

Cocaine is a PED, make no doubts about that, if taken before fights.
I am pretty sure he took it before confrontations with Cormier and interviews to boost his confidence....and you could see the result.

rehab is for the weak... he checked into it to save himself from the media and act like he is taking some action

Continuing to live with addiction is for the weak. Rehab is not easy, its difficult to go through and harder to admit that theres a problem you need help with.

This is a PR move though. This decision has nothing to do with his life or lifestyle, and everything to do with mitigating professional damage.

LOL at arguing coke is a PED. I've done tons of coke in my youth and it never made me better at anything other than drinking. And no one does just a tiny bit. The high lasts about 20 minutes and then you do another line.

Jones partied with coke, he didn't do it in training.

Agreed, TS. I just hope some posters are right and he's not heavily addicted. I wouldn't wish addiction upon anyone.

Same here. Had family addicted to shit since I was a child.

Actually there is a big difference. Cocaine is not made in a controlled regulated environment like pharmaceutical drugs. You can never be sure what is in cocaine, it is safer to be taking an amphetamine that is controlled by a doctor who sees you regularly and can montor you

lol this guy made a second thread on this.

Checking into a treatment center is a major sign of trouble. Drug addiction/alcoholism is a serious medical disease*. It's chronic, progressive, and deadly without the proper help. For cocaine in particular, the chances of long-term, complete recovery are slim.

Like most incurable, progressive diseases, addiction is caused by some combination of the genetic, the environmental (upbringing), and the social (friends/partying too much).

Many people are unaware of this, but crowing about someone winding up in treatment is profoundly inappropriate. It means you're cheering because someone is very, very sick.

*Any Flat-Earth Society debate points should be referred to the American Medical Association.

Good words TS. I hope Jones takes the necessary steps and doesn't rush back.

Back