Addiction Is A Grave Medical Disease

It is possible if he values something genuine more than his addiction. Can he find that one thing that can steer him from the gravitational pull of addiction, stay tuned.

Last edited:
I would think cocaine would help you train?
Excessive energy without feeling the burn can help you tremendously when you train.

No. I could see that with Meth perhaps, but on blow you start coming down like 10-15 minutes after you do a rail. Alcohol also makes pain less severe, would you consider it a PED?

Just saying, as a person who has enough experience using, i can say that imo coke wouldnt be beneficial to training. It would also be very dangerous to do any kind of highly strenuious activity while on it. It also is terrible for focus, and makes you extremely scatterbrained.

Jones has money and is young and famous. Temptation to party with coke is very hard to ignore, we see this with lots of young celebraties.

So many uneducated people here

addiction is not an illness in most cases

substance abuse is a symptom (self destructive behavior) of some personality disorders such as borderline personality... In that case it is a mental illness because the drug abuse is a symptom of a bigger problem, and its harder to get clean because of impulses caused by the disorder

but when you are a junkie for the sake of being a junkie, you are not sick or have an illness. You are just a drug addict. Its your choice. Not an actual disease... its just a mental roadblock.

jones does not have a disorder.

substance abuse is a symptom (self destructive behavior) of some personality disorders such as borderline personality... In that case it is a mental illness because the drug abuse is a symptom of a bigger problem, and its harder to get clean because of impulses caused by the disorder

but when you are a junkie for the sake of being a junkie, you are not sick or have an illness. You are just a drug addict. Its your choice. Not an actual disease... its just a mental roadblock.

He checked into rehab because he got caught.

Bingo!
No freaking way he was anywhere needing to get help (besides an ass whoopin).
Was just a simple PR move, much like a celebrity plea bargain taht results in community service.

They say "I am so sorry" and we are suppose to forgive.

I dont see that happening for Jones. He is a great athlete, but not the most likable.
Guess only time will tell us how this shakes out.

It's not a disease. It's a choice.

The only reason it's called a disease is so the medical establishment can make even more money off treating it.

Thanks, beat me to it. How you feeling about the Cowboys this week?

Idk man. I haven't kept up with football in years, so I don't know anything about Green Bay. Fingers crossed.

I'm a huge Bears fan(yeah, i know lol)but I've always been a big Tony Romo supporter. I always felt he got a lot of undue criticism. Well, I'm sure some of it he deserved but overall I thought he's better than anything that's come out of Chicago since Sid Luckman and probably top 3 Dallas qb of all time. I'm rooting for Dallas this week as I did last week. Can't stand Detroit and well GB is GB. I think Dallas really does need to test Rodgers legs, but I'm concerned with them stopping Lacy.

Yeah Lacy will be a problem. Again I really hope the offense comes out firing and is able to outscore GB.

I agree with you on Romo though. Yeah he's made mistakes before, but who hasn't, especially when you consider he held that team on his back for years. The fact they went 8-8 with one of the top 3 worse defenses of ALL TIME says something. That was the worse Cowboys defense ever, and the next worse, which wasn't even half as bad with Akiman went 1-16. The other 2 worse defenses had like 2 wins each. Romo and the offense won 8 games and should of won more like the games against the Lions and GB but the defense gave up huge leads or 50 second TDs.

People keep talking about how good he is this year too. This is the same exact Romo I have been watching all these years. He has gotten a little better by maturing and not trying to win the entire game on every play when Cowboys have been down, but for the most part that is the same Romo I've seen for years. If anything he's gotten better mentally but he has lost a little physically with his back all messed up.

The first response nailed it. This is a PR move on Jones part, not an attempt to fix a real problem. I don't believe that someone with a genuine cocaine addiction problem would be able to perform like he did last weekend without popping hot for it.

We should expand the War On Drugs to target the rich. Those with nothing to fear have nothing to hide.

LMFAOOOOO The war on drugs! Ahahah what a joke

The "war on drugs" (it's in quotes for a reason) is the longest running "war" America has ever engaged in, and has cost the AMERICAN PEOPLE TRILLIONS! And guess what? Drug crime has INCREASED since the "war" began.

On a side note, alcohol contributes to a hell of a lot of fatalities per year, shatters the family home when abused (I come from a broken home due to alcohol), and the only reason is what made legal again is because the mob underworld made so much money off it they were taking over the country from big gov.

HOLY SHIT, they even know how to win the war and yet they still waste all of ouroney fighting it!

Don't fall for the media propaganda, it's exactly what they want

The first response nailed it. This is a PR move on Jones part, not an attempt to fix a real problem. I don't believe that someone with a genuine cocaine addiction problem would be able to perform like he did last weekend without popping hot for it.

exactly

tiger woods checked in to sex rehab after getting caught cheating on his wife. um 90%+ of men alive in a position to slay perfect 10's easily, does. we all dont belong in rehab

He admitted to a SINGLE "mistake" in his press release. ONE. He's not an addict. He's just someone who refuses to face the music, like he's done time and again. It's this sort of bullshit that makes a mockery of ACTUAL problems with addiction.

Number one, high-profile individuals check into rehab for many reasons and it is not always because they are truly addicts. Court-ordered rehab, plea-bargain rehab, publicity rehab are all things that really do exist.

I haven't said anything that conflicts with that. I agree completely. (You're not saying there are literally different rehab centers that cater to those specific circumstances are you?) People "really" check in for scores of reasons that have no intentional connection to concern about having the disease of addiction. You've covered famous people, but a version of the same is probably the leading reason for non-celebs to do it. Court-mandated, etc. But also, to "get out of trouble" for cheating on the wife or stealing from work or whatever.

The point is that the motivation behind checking into rehab becomes moot if someone is found to have addiction. If a doctor says you suffer from the disease. FAR more people who go to rehab--with whatever motive--discover that they have the disease than do not.

Hating JBJ as an athlete or a public persona is one thing. Crowing about this story means people are celebrating a significant likelihood that he's got a major, permanent disease.

Checking into a treatment center is a major sign of trouble. Drug addiction/alcoholism is a serious medical disease*. It's chronic, progressive, and deadly without the proper help. For cocaine in particular, the chances of long-term, complete recovery are slim.

Like most incurable, progressive diseases, addiction is caused by some combination of the genetic, the environmental (upbringing), and the social (friends/partying too much).

Many people are unaware of this, but crowing about someone winding up in treatment is profoundly inappropriate. It means you're cheering because someone is very, very sick.

*Any Flat-Earth Society debate points should be referred to the American Medical Association.

You are quite naive my good man..."cocaine in particular" doesn't have a significant statisically less chance for success than other substances, esp when proper treatment is sought, and the person is motivated/desires a change.

JJ going to rehab at this juncture is essentially PR fluff. It isn't that significant as we have ZERO insight into JJ's internal motivation to change this behavior.

Normally he takes a break from jacksons after fights .... But In the press conferences he kept saying over and over how he was immediately going back to Albuquerque New Mexico..... I mean that place has a reputation to say the least ...

image.jpg

how do u know he was addicted ... Convienet that he suddenly checked into rehab after being caught

He's not addicted, the rehab thing was just a formality like the second poster said

Without question. I have had the "pleasure" of working with these individuals (clinicians) in the past and they absolutely love pseudoscience. Oftentimes, they - as you alluded - outright ignore empirically-based notions in favor of nonsense.

So sayeth the grown man who chooses to represent himself with a cartoon of some dude with magical powers--one of which seems to be the ability to fly around in the lotus position.

Pseudo-science INDEED!!!

Back