Actually looking forward to brain surgery

Went to see the neurosurgeon yesterday. He said he wants to try a different method other than surgery to correct the slit ventricle syndrome. Wants to try to avoid such an invasive procedure. I guess that’s encouraging. I’m not too convinced it’s gonna work though, judging by my other dozen or so experiences with this kind of thing. Crossing my fingers.

Went to see the neurosurgeon yesterday. He said he wants to try a different method other than surgery to correct the slit ventricle syndrome. Wants to try to avoid such an invasive procedure. I guess that’s encouraging. I’m not too convinced it’s gonna work though, judging by my other dozen or so experiences with this kind of thing. Crossing my fingers.
He's trying to sell you alpha brain.

Look up hydrocephalus.

Note: If you look up google images, I actually don’t look like the messed up ones, for which I count myself lucky. Lol

Slit ventricle basically means the third ventricle in my brain has the possibility of collapsing from cerebral fluid draining too quickly.

Fun stuff.

I'm praying for a successful procedure and recovery for you man.

Still waiting on those, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah my claim is getting processed now. Things have been tough up to this point, especially since the wife and kid weren’t here to help me through it until a few weeks ago.

I’m lucky workers compensation is helping me out so readily cause my now ex employer didn’t even file a report since they didn’t even want me to go to the doctor or deal with workers comp. Pricks. I’m gonna get a lump sum for the last couple of months plus any medical expenses and more time I’ll have to take off.

Seems like a serious brain injury at the workplace should be worth a bit more than medical and lost wages....good luck to you.

I don't know how it works in Canada but an employer failing to report a workplace accident can get very serious in the US. OSHA would hang 'em high. We had to report even close calls that didn't result in injury. If that panel fell and missed you, it would have to be reported.

I don't know how it works in Canada but an employer failing to report a workplace accident can get very serious in the US. OSHA would hang 'em high. We had to report even close calls that didn't result in injury. If that panel fell and missed you, it would have to be reported.

It's the same here, or at least should be the same here. Like you said, even if the panel missed that would generally have to be reported as a near miss. @koolinkunming, time to sue those pricks.

It's the same here, or at least should be the same here. Like you said, even if the panel missed that would generally have to be reported as a near miss. @koolinkunming, time to sue those pricks.

Yeah Ralph, it’s the same up here. It’s just that on residential sites things tend to be more lax with things like PPE, JHAs, etc. Even things like having a first aider on site is often overlooked. I think I was the only guy with first aid on site that day, which didn’t help me much.

It has been noted by Workers Comp that a report was made by the doctor I saw the day of the injury and that they failed to file a report as well.

@bref, suing is often difficult in these situations unless negligence etc can be proven. Besides, I don’t have the time or money to sue, so I’m gonna let Workers Comp deal with them since they will probably be watched more closely from now on.

Also if I was to sue them, I would probably become that guy, and employers may see that as a deterrent to hire me somewhere else in the future.

Last edited:
Id only be excited if I was getting some nice painkillers after

good luck

Goddamm the painkillers are good. Pure morphine, regulated within a 10 minute window of course. Just feels like you’ve got a gunshot to your stomach and a burning, pulling feeling on the top of your head and the inside of your brain for a few days, not to mention the dizziness, which is always fun and nauseous which sucks and feeling like you’ve been feeling like you’re kicked in the gut 1000x. It’s a mixed bag. But hey, it’s kind of a regular thing for me. Every 3-15 or 20 years or so. It doesn’t really bother me much anymore (I mean the surgery part).

Goddamm the painkillers are good. Pure morphine, regulated within a 10 minute window of course. Just feels like you’ve got a gunshot to your stomach and a burning, pulling feeling on the top of your head and the inside of your brain for a few days, not to mention the dizziness, which is always fun and nauseous which sucks and feeling like you’ve been feeling like you’re kicked in the gut 1000x. It’s a mixed bag. But hey, it’s kind of a regular thing for me. Every 3-15 or 20 years or so. It doesn’t really bother me much anymore (I mean the surgery part).

Well at least you get some good feeling here and there throughout all the craziness. I know that’s not the best of things to look forward too but we expect you back here and posting with at least and update after all is said and done.

We will hope the best for you as there is a face behind each username (except for the Russian bots of course)

I hate headaches. They’re daily and getting worse. This shit the neurosurgeon has got me trying with this abdominal binder isn’t working worth a shit. March 25 can’t come fast enough. It sucks feeling like this.

I don’t even know why I’m writing this.

Last edited:
Back