Actually looking forward to brain surgery

All the best KIK. Balls of steel.

Went to the dentist today and was a nervous wreck from the moment I awoke this morning all the way til I got home from the appointment and hugged my dog lol

I feel you, man. Dentists are absolutely terrifying. Keep that fucking drill away from me lol.

My dad had two neurosurgeries a while back. It was scary af, and we all got scared when the first one, a weird surgery using glue, but the second one worked.

Do you rehab like a demon!!!

My dad bounced back pretty well.

That must have been scary as hell. It sucks when they don’t get the job done right the first time too.

My rehab will pretty much just be bed rest and maybe a few painkillers or a toke or two. I’ll have it pretty easy that way.

That must have been scary as hell. It sucks when they don’t get the job done right the first time too.

My rehab will pretty much just be bed rest and maybe a few painkillers or a toke or two. I’ll have it pretty easy that way.

Yeah, it was as it took them a couple weeks to figure out what it was, b/c it all started when he dropped his motorbike at a stop light. Long story but his balance was off due to the brain issue, but they thought he hit his head, meaning the bike accident caused the head injury which affected the way they treated it.

Best of luck!

Haha more like trepannig with a shunt inserted, but that scene was awesome.

I was injured on the job in December by a 100 lb panel landing on my head, and I guess the force from the blow did something to rattle things pretty good besides the concussion.

you mean a dry wall panel? how did that happen? you work as a contractor?

you mean a dry wall panel? how did that happen? you work as a contractor?

No it was a 2’x8’ wooden panel with steel bars in it for forming concrete, 1 1/8” thick. I’m a carpenter presently doing concrete form work.

The panel was standing upright on a footing but it wasn’t secured properly by the guy who put it up and as I was walking towards it, the panel fell over towards me and the top of the panel landed squarely on the top of my head. Knocked me back on the ground injuring my shoulder and lower back too, but those didn’t take long to heal.

You'll be mint, don't stress it. My good friend had brain surgery due to acromegaly (what Bigfoot Silva had). He's tip top, and you will be too Sherbro.

Looking forward to your bump post telling us how everything is all good!

Take care and be safe. Wishing a safe surgery and speedy recovery.
Two months of nausea and dizziness sounds miserable but at least the 100 lbs slab did not crush your skull and kill you.

Wow.. good luck man..

Hope all goes well.

Report back ASAP when you have the strength, be interesting to know the story.

Best of luck man!! - Hope the surgery gives you some relief from your current pain.

No it was a 2’x8’ wooden panel with steel bars in it for forming concrete, 1 1/8” thick. I’m a carpenter presently doing concrete form work.

The panel was standing upright on a footing but it wasn’t secured properly by the guy who put it up and as I was walking towards it, the panel fell over towards me and the top of the panel landed squarely on the top of my head. Knocked me back on the ground injuring my shoulder and lower back too, but those didn’t take long to heal.

What the hell, you did not see the panel dropping? You could easily be dead

Best of luck. Hope you trust your brain surgeon.

Going to see a neurosurgeon tomorrow about having a surgery for slit ventricle syndrome. At the same time I’m gonna ask about getting an ETV (endoscopic third ventriculostomy) done as well so I never have to go through this shit again.

Pretty messed up to say you’re excited to have brain surgery, huh?

I guess this thread is a small way of dealing with nerves.
I hope it all goes as well as possible. Hope your problems get taken care of with this.

Back