Actually looking forward to brain surgery

What meds did they put you on?

For the concussion that they initially told me I have at the clinic they only instructed me to take Tylenol and Advil together for the swelling and headaches. That’s all I’m taking now every 6 hours.

After the surgery I get morphine for a day or three, Then probably more Tylenol or something when I get home. That’s about it.

What the hell, you did not see the panel dropping? You could easily be dead

Yeah, I was looking down at the time while walking straight towards it, so I didn’t see it falling until the very last moment.

Coulda been dead for sure, or paralyzed or broken neck, which is still bothering me as well.

I was just rocking my crash course in brain surgery Metallica shirt yesterday

Good luck TS

This is how you get super-powers.

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get paid!

Get your tubes tied while you're at it.

Look up hydrocephalus.

Note: If you look up google images, I actually don’t look like the messed up ones, for which I count myself lucky. Lol

Slit ventricle basically means the third ventricle in my brain has the possibility of collapsing from cerebral fluid draining too quickly.

Fun stuff.

Good luck to you, man. I got surgery 1 year ago for something that would have been pretty threatening if left alone!

I am thankful to modern medicine every day.

This is how you get super-powers.

Still waiting on those, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get paid!

Yeah my claim is getting processed now. Things have been tough up to this point, especially since the wife and kid weren’t here to help me through it until a few weeks ago.

I’m lucky workers compensation is helping me out so readily cause my now ex employer didn’t even file a report since they didn’t even want me to go to the doctor or deal with workers comp. Pricks. I’m gonna get a lump sum for the last couple of months plus any medical expenses and more time I’ll have to take off.

Get your tubes tied while you're at it.

Is the a Darwin reference? Lol

Actually my condition is why women are told to take folic acid these days, which is something nobody really knew about in the 70s, and they didn’t really know how to treat hydrocephalus until not long before I was born. That’s weird too, cause it’s been a known condition since about 400 BC.

Good luck to you, man. I got surgery 1 year ago for something that would have been pretty threatening if left alone!

I am thankful to modern medicine every day.

Same. It’s pretty lucky we live in this day and age. If evolution took its course we’d be screwed.

One of the rare situations where you wish all the people in room have the last name Patel. Good luck.

Yeah my claim is getting processed now. Things have been tough up to this point, especially since the wife and kid weren’t here to help me through it until a few weeks ago.

I’m lucky workers compensation is helping me out so readily cause my now ex employer didn’t even file a report since they didn’t even want me to go to the doctor or deal with workers comp. Pricks. I’m gonna get a lump sum for the last couple of months plus any medical expenses and more time I’ll have to take off.
Seems like a serious brain injury at the workplace should be worth a bit more than medical and lost wages....good luck to you.

How big will the scar be ? One of my good friends got it done and I still remember the post surgery pictures of his head stitched up. Scary stuff ! You must be strong

Seems like a serious brain injury at the workplace should be worth a bit more than medical and lost wages....good luck to you.

Only if it’s a permanent injury would there be a big payout. Here’s hoping (j/k lol).

How big will the scar be ? One of my good friends got it done and I still remember the post surgery pictures of his head stitched up. Scary stuff ! You must be strong

Nice big horseshoe shaped scar probably 1 1/2” long, kinda like old lobotomy scars back in the day. Not visible once my hair grows back though.

Might be a good idea to ask if the surgeon is doing the surgery or some inexperienced intern.

Also curious if it's common practice for each person in the surgery room to get to peek or stare at the patient's naked private parts under the hospital gown.

Might be a good idea to ask if the surgeon is doing the surgery or some inexperienced intern.

Also curious if it's common practice for each person in the surgery room to get to peek or stare at the patient's naked private parts under the hospital gown.

That’s a good point that I’ll be sure to ask tomorrow. The second is something that I’ve also wondered...

<Dylan>

Can't be any worse than the vasectomy I got. Hang in there bud.

UPDATE:
170297d1469307595-post-your-favorite-far-side-cartoons-brain-surgery.jpg

Back