Actually looking forward to brain surgery

Shit, in the late 60s it’d be a different story. They said if I was born 10 years earlier they wouldn’t know what to do with me. Hydrocephalus apparently was noted around 400 BC. Crazy that it took that long to figure out a treatment.
Damn 400 BC is a long long long time ago. Luckily you are around in a time when they figured out treatment for it. I was born with a congenital heart defect and had two open heart surgeries as a child. Glad you don't need brain surgery but it would be kinda cool to say to folks you had it plus for me personally having a scar there would be awesome to show off. I'm sick like that. Still have my scars from both surgeries albeit it has faded a bit.

Good luck, I hope you make a full recovery and can have a long healthy life.

Damn 400 BC is a long long long time ago. Luckily you are around in a time when they figured out treatment for it. I was born with a congenital heart defect and had two open heart surgeries as a child. Glad you don't need brain surgery but it would be kinda cool to say to folks you had it plus for me personally having a scar there would be awesome to show off. I'm sick like that. Still have my scars from both surgeries albeit it has faded a bit.

No man, I’ve had a dozen or so brain surgeries and I’m sure I’m going to have another one soon after I see the neurosurgeon in a month. What he has me doing isn’t working. The headaches are getting worse and more constant and it should be getting better. I’ve got a couple of good scars on my gut and 2 big horseshoe scars on my head.

I saw your post about your heart defect. Do you have any lingering complications because of it? Idk what would be worse lol.

No man, I’ve had a dozen or so brain surgeries and I’m sure I’m going to have another one soon after I see the neurosurgeon in a month. What he has me doing isn’t working. I’ve got a couple of good scars on my gut and 2 big horseshoe scars on my head.

I saw your post about your heart defect. Do you have any lingering complications because of it? Idk what would be worse lol.
oh, I thought this was your first rodeo. Hopefully the next one will be your last one but if not hopefully you won't need another for awhile.

My heart defect is because of Noonan Syndrome that I was born with. Have a heart murmur as a result but that is mainly the issue I have heart wise. There is a small chance I may need another open heart surgery down the road but that is up in the air at this point. It would be just a routine procedure from what I've been told but who knows

oh, I thought this was your first rodeo. Hopefully the next one will be your last one but if not hopefully you won't need another for awhile.

My heart defect is because of Noonan Syndrome that I was born with. Have a heart murmur as a result but that is mainly the issue I have heart wise. There is a small chance I may need another open heart surgery down the road but that is up in the air at this point. It would be just a routine procedure from what I've been told but who knows

Hopefully you don’t need another surgery. They’re never easy to deal with and the down time for recovery is dull I guess I would say. Hopefully you don’t have more issues in the future. Poor health is something I would never wish on my worst enemy.

It would be nice to think that I’ll never have issues again, but the best gamble I have of that is an Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy, which would allow me to go without a shunt and end the need for shunt revisions. This surgeon I’m talking to now says that access to the third ventricle is only 3-4 mm, too narrow to get to without the possibility of hitting the area of my brain that controls motor functions. Oh well. Maybe I’ll get a second opinion someday. Till then I’ll just keep doing my thing, since other than this kinda thing at random times I’m perfectly normal and healthy.

Are you going to be knocked out before the surgery?

And good luck to you, hope everything turns out well.
The way he’s running his mouth he might rack up back to back KO losses before the surgery

Going to see a neurosurgeon tomorrow about having a surgery for slit ventricle syndrome. At the same time I’m gonna ask about getting an ETV (endoscopic third ventriculostomy) done as well so I never have to go through this shit again.

Pretty messed up to say you’re excited to have brain surgery, huh?

I guess this thread is a small way of dealing with nerves.

Update: Went to see the neurosurgeon yesterday. He said he wants to try a different method other than surgery to correct the slit ventricle syndrome. Wants to try to avoid such an invasive procedure. I guess that’s encouraging. I’m not too convinced it’s gonna work though, judging by my other dozen or so experiences with this kind of thing. Crossing my fingers.

Holy shit, good luck, my dude!!

Yeah, I’m always gassed beforehand. I get to about 6 on the countdown before I lose consciousness. Wake up feeling pretty groovy lol.

Thanks for the encouragement. The surgery time still has to be arranged, but I can’t see it being more than a couple of days from now.
I got mad scared the first time i got the Gas. That shit is potent as fuck. I kinda wish i could play around with that gas now.

giphy.gif

Best of luck. I hope you have a safe surgery, recovery and better quality of life.

I got mad scared the first time i got the Gas. That shit is potent as fuck. I kinda wish i could play around with that gas now.

giphy.gif

The gas is brutal. Waking up I feel like I got run over by a truck.....while being hung over.

Jesus fuck what? Why the fuck didn't you tell me? What with my mum with brain cancer. We should probably take this offline.

I'm so damned proud of you.

@koolinkunming Lots of love going in. Know that we all think you're the bollocks and we are behind you. So very much.
Can't wait to hear from you when you wake up.

All the best to you, man! Wishing you a speedy and thorough recovery.

Here's some T&A for when you get out:
4959-659544694f9349a6ce220f3d49de7f32.jpg

girl-in-shower-0110100927-33.jpg

Back