A pro grappler makes more than every MMA fighter minus three. Is this a bad look for the UFC?

He is a better businessman who has diversified his income and has earnings throughout the year instead of 1-4 pay days. How is it similar?
Yeah, he's not getting paid for BJJ competition. He's getting paid for being smart. Most UFC fighters have the IQ of donuts. They don't think to market themselves, let alone even invest their money in just the stock market or something. Most are just gonna spend all their potential investment capital on trucks and then complain about how evil Dana was in 10 years.

Agreed

That's why everyone in the world who isn't a cage fighter/boxer/kickboxer should fuck off

Jeff Bezos should step down from Amazon immediately and join the UFC
He's a "soyboy" on here. So his billions don't matter. If you are living in your mom's basement and eating beef jerky you are more of a man than him.

Although Bernardo Faria is getting a cut of everyone's money, so maybe he's the true winner here.

573d1bb2aeeea.jpeg
Bernardo doesn't run BJJ Fanatics, Michael Zenga does

There have actually been studies which have linked blood chokes to strokes, but I really like doing BJJ so I choose to ignore them.
Most civilised people tap before their face turns purple but hey, to each their own

Hahaha, everyone knows that post was photoshopped. The dude spends his time driving up and down the country selling his dusty old dvds out of his car boot

Most civilised people tap before their face turns purple but hey, to each their own

It isn't actually linked to going to valhalla unfortunately. It can happen when you've never gone out.

Yeah, he's not getting paid for BJJ competition. He's getting paid for being smart. Most UFC fighters have the IQ of donuts. They don't think to market themselves, let alone even invest their money in just the stock market or something. Most are just gonna spend all their potential investment capital on trucks and then complain about how evil Dana was in 10 years.
I agree. Look at Schaub. He wasn't the best fighter but he made money in the UFC (he had good sponsors) and he's making good money with his podcast and comedy. He's a affable, friendly guy who isn't super talented and isn't that funny. He is very smart with his career/business decisions.

Who the fuck would pay $250 for his DVD, unless it tells you the meaning of life I wouldn’t pay that much.

Some people actually bought one about getting swole from him where he was pretending that he did something other than take a shitload of roids.

Never heard of anyone getting a concussion from BJJ,
well ur not god, u dont know every thing, lot of studies were done on judos ( which is in my opinion less violent on the brain than BJJ ), showing that pro judoka had a lot more CTE than wrestlers for exemple. Nothing comparable to boxer or NFL, but still judo at a high lvl causes CTE, bjj most likely too. Do u want to read the studies ? u have the IQ for it ?

well ur not god, u dont know every thing, lot of studies were done on judos ( which is in my opinion less violent on the brain than BJJ ), showing that pro judoka had a lot more CTE than wrestlers for exemple. Nothing comparable to boxer or NFL, but still judo at a high lvl causes CTE, bjj most likely too. Do u want to read the studies ? u have the IQ for it ?
Lol, holy hell you're dumb

BJJ is a sport commonly practiced by 7 year old kids and soccer moms because it's low impact

Judo guys get slammed around every day on hard mats you moron

Judo has more of a jarring impact from the regular throws which is where I would guess the CTE comes from. BJJ doesn't really have that as it isn't very takedown focused.

Judo overall is fucking terrible for your body

Lol, holy hell you're dumb

BJJ is a sport commonly practiced by 7 year old kids and soccer moms because it's low impact

Judo guys get slammed around every day on hard mats you moron

Pretty confident far more kids and women do judo than BJJ my dude.

Judo has more of a jarring impact from the regular throws which is where I would guess the CTE comes from. BJJ doesn't really have that as it isn't very takedown focused.

Indeed.the body isnt meant for constantly violent twisting that judo requires. Probably get fucked up fingers too

Not anymore

BJJ is still pretty niche, Judo is still the 2nd most common martial art after karate for kids (unless you count boxing as a martial art), obviously there's wrestling too outside the UK, but not in the UK.

He makes $30k a match and competes over 20 times a year when healthy/no pandemic

He makes plenty from his matches lol, and Maia's side gigs don't pay nearly as well as Gordon's

Gordon's guard passing instructional is the 2nd highest selling instructional in BJJ Fanatics history, after Danaher's leg lock DVD.

And Gordon makes a new instructional every few months

Lol. So he can make 600K a year if he has 20 matches.

Some UFC fighters make that in 1 fight, more make that in 2 fights, more make that in 3 fights.

Just curious because I am not American

How do grapplers make money?
It bjj popular in US?
Do people buy tickets?
Do they have sponsors?

How about wrestling?
I know it is big in highschools and colleges.
NCAA and those guys

Thanks,

judo is bad for the body, but throw on the head are super rare ... the studies gave the origin of CTE to blood chokes and accidental blows to the head. Blood chokes and accidental blows to the head are very frequent in BJJ, even more than judo ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back