A plea to moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gai Jin said:
Newbs come with the territory. If you don't like their threads dont post on them and they will soon go away. The problem is that every shergod with a zillion posts feels the need to flame them. So, instead of the post just going away, it stays active. Maybe if some of the old timers weren't such post whores this wouldn't be a problem.
Very, Very good points. Newbie's are not the problem Cranky Sherdog "Veterans" are the problem. Back of the new people and show them the ropes, instead of flaming with the same old STFU NOOB. I am sure my reply will inevitably get this reaction from some asshole.

black-jack-shalack said:
I disagree. it wouldn't stop anyone from posting jsut from starting their own thread unitl they ahve shown they aren't a retaed who's going to fill up the board with useless threads about stupid ass crap that nobody is interested in and the quality threads get pushed father down teh ladder and then people don't see them.

I know a thousand whitebelts on this board that can put together a more articulate and gramatically correct response than this pathetic attempt by you.

Do you even read the shit you type before you post it?

Tapout22 said:
So your saying just because someone is new that no one should reply if they create a thread. I think the quality of the thread should decide whether or not people post on it.

Nope, that's not what I'm saying at all. What I mean is, if someone, ANYONE, makes a post and you find it irrelavant, off topic, uninformed, unintellegent, or in ANY way beneath your standards, then just ignore it instead of flaming the guy, particularly if he's new. I have more patience for noobs who dont read the FAQ than shergods who know it all.

You cant find a damn moderator around here when you need one, and when you do , they usually dont do anything about it. I guess we just have to live with it.

Enron Exec. said:
Sherdog dont care
More members = more money or potential customers click on the banners from companies that pay him

This motherfucker is the problem. There should be a limit on the number of posts per day. This guy is out of control. Give it a rest unless you have something to add.

IRON-E said:
I know a thousand whitebelts on this board that can put together a more articulate and gramatically correct response than this pathetic attempt by you.

Attacking his grammar and his signature isn't very mature of you. BJS probably has more MMA knowledge than 95% of the posters here. Do you feel all special that you pay to be a member here?

IRON-E said:

WHy are you taking this so personally? Is this some kind of english exam?

KidNotorious said:
Attacking his grammar and his signature isn't very mature of you. BJS probably has more MMA knowledge than 95% of the posters here. Do you feel all special that you pay to be a member here?

The only thing more annoying on this board than stupid whitebelt threads, are the fuckwitted know-it-all assholes that constantly pick fights with them out of some juvenile sense of entitlement and therefore keep the threads alive forever.

Here's a better idea than the poster's. Make a forum where only non-whitebelts can post. An old-school forum or some shit.

But I guarantee most of the assholes with the same gripe as the treadstarter would still chime in every time some white belt asked about Rickson's record or where's Machida.

Don't fuckin hate- EDUCATE! It's obvious by most of the hater's posts that MMA is about all they know well.

IRON-E said:
The only thing more annoying on this board than stupid whitebelt threads, are the fuckwitted know-it-all assholes that constantly pick fights with them out of some juvenile sense of entitlement and therefore keep the threads alive forever.

Here's a better idea than the poster's. Make a forum where only non-whitebelts can post. An old-school forum or some shit.

But I guarantee most of the assholes with the same gripe as the treadstarter would still chime in every time some white belt asked about Rickson's record or where's Machida.

Don't fuckin hate- EDUCATE! It's obvious by most of the hater's posts that MMA is about all they know well.

In his defense, black- jack-shalack really isn't one of the "know it all" type vets who pick fights with white belts. He actually practices "Don't fuckin hate- EDUCATE!" far more than many other so-called vets.

A lot of the problem on Sherdog isn't about someone's belt color to MMA knowledge ratio. Most posters here (myself included) do not care if a white belt starts a thread if so long as it is a decent topic and is somewhat well thought out. Most of the problem centers around forum etiquette. Nobody wants to see the same 10 threads a week. It pushes the really good threads down the list and bogs down the server. Would it be too much to ask if all new members were actually required to read the FAQ's before posting?

black-jack-shalack said:
In the last few months this board has been flooded with stupid ass threads started by white belts who have to be the same people starting new accounts over and over and are clearly on a trolling mission. It's really hurt what was the ebst MMA messge board on the web Please think about changing the rules to keep whiet belts from startign new threads like "Karate beats MMA" and the like that bring nothing to the table and just take up space and drive away quality members. Thank you in advance.
Why don't you post at Bloodyknux? Also, do you ever clear your PM box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back