1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Reports about bad ads should include the following:

1. Location/Country
2. Device
3. Browser
4. Company/product of ad.
5. A screen shot if possible,
6. Brief description of how the ad is a problem.
7. Page/Pages affected
8. Date and Time of occurrence.

Refer to the instructions for your device on how to take screen shots

A plea to moderators.

Discussion in 'Support' started by black-jack-shalack, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KimBo KiLLa ....

The forums are fine right now.

2. rya26 White Belt

gai jin, what's your point of your reply? a typical sherdog reply? are you that stupid that you can't think of your own original reply. wow, i stand amazed, new england's finest: gai jin.

3. KimBo KiLLa ....

Everyone needs to stop bitching and chill out, Sherdog is fine the way it is.

4. Corporal People have died for less.

This post makes me feel proud.

5. ordean Byaaaa Belt

Seriously..... I have seen BAN HIM about evangelos more than any other person. Still he is here.

6. FightemAll Green Belt

I would think a silver belt would know how to work the search function

7. JimmJimma Purple Belt

Don't ban whitebelts for making stupid threads... ban anyone that makes a stupid thread repeatedly. Seriously

8. judo4u Banned Banned

I think this is the guy who has it right. I, out of respect only for the colored belts do not start threads....even though in reality I hold more experience than probably most of them but it is a respect thing and the colored belts do deserve it because they were here first. I agree 100% that some whitle belt threads are just pitiful and repetitive and I see quite clearly where the complaint comes from, so more mods to move idiotic topics to wasteland is a great idea...

9. JackBurton Green Belt

I don't think banning whitebelts from starting threads is necessary, the 'ghosts of mma past' was started by a whitebelt for example and it was of the best threads in months.

Either increase the number of mods or make them more active in carding/banning ill conceived 'comedy' threads, Bruce Lee in MMA, UFC vs Pride, Where is Frank? etc etc. posts. Sadly many of these come from whitebelts, but much of the time it's just previously banned posters coming back for a bit of trolling.

10. Jazbo Orange Belt

I think stupid threads about stupid shit should be banned period, doesn't matter who it is; white, blue, gree, red, silver, who gives a shit, if its fucking stupid, its fucking stupid. So yeah, down with idiocy. There needs to be more mature discussion on the forum too in my opinion. Make a thread, start a discussion, don't have gay fanboys running in nuthugging whatever/whoever and instead take more objective views and have serious debates and discussions with realistic and valued opinions.

11. Corporal People have died for less.

Yeah, MATADOR did a really nice job with that thread.

12. SuperSuperRambo Steel Belt

I agree that it shouldn't be a matter of belt color. But it's not about how long you've been a fan of the sport or how much you know. It's about knowing the intricacies of the forums, and knowing what to say and not say so as not to start trouble. No one questions that a white belt might have been a fan for 10 years, but does he know enough not to start a Rickson Gracie thread?

13. JudgeIto Guest

As a white-belt who secretly loathes himself for his lowly nature....I agree that most white belts post crap most of the time. However, I think most people on the board have nothing to contribute as well. Like every other board I've been on, newbs are always making retarded threads. B/c of TUF though, you're gonna have to accept it...the sport is growing. You could halt the growth of the board, but new blood brings new conversations. I think it's something that you have to grin and bear it.

BTW, I have been reading this board for years. I only started posting recently as I've given up on posting at my BMX website.

14. jonny rotten Banned Banned

don't read threads you dislike, freedom of speech.

15. Conrete Blue Belt

What I have never really understood about this forum is this:
    If a thread is so annoying, redundant, trollish, ridiculous or what have you, why do the supposedly outraged Sherdog members take the time to post in the thread? If it is that much of a waste of your time that you want to ban the thread starter, why give life to the thread and post?

No one has to read any thread they don't wish to read. This is a forum.

16. judo4u Banned Banned

I have read some quality posts on sherdog in my day, only joined a few months ago but been reading from the site forever it seems.....but I must say word for word this might be the best post I've ever read. Mature and makes a dead on good point.....3 cheers schz!

17. CanMan Blue Belt

Another forum I used to post on had quite a good solution to abusive post-whoring. The post-whores would be put on so called post-leashes and limited to say 10 posts per day (as an example). "What should I use my precious 4 posts on today.." Needless to say it was extremely effective.

18. rooku Purple Belt

i support the idea of keeping white belts from creating threads.

19. DridenGX Brown Belt

Agreed. You know which threads bother me the most? "over rated threads" Is BJ Penn over rated, is Wanderlei Over rated? I know they might be newbies to the sport or mentally challenged but do they forget they are on the internet? hundreds of places for info, search features, check their records, ect. It's as if everyone has to convince this guy why he's wrong when he could save face and search and think for himself, but we're suppose to believe their "I've been a fan since I was 6" stories when they post crap like this?

20. Corporal People have died for less.

It was a good post, especially since it praised members like myself... *Ahem*. But, I don't know if it was the "best post I've ever read," that is a huge award to be handing out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.