Media A-level athlete Shaquille Rashaun "Shaq" O'Neal ADMITS that UFC fighters are best athletes in world

Ngannou has trained for 5 years.
You counted his boxing brawls between shifts in the salt mine as well?

Bro ngannou trained boxing 8 years + 5-7 years MMA. Ngannou always wanted to be a boxer ... that shit was his DREAM.

There was even an interview about that shit ... but its in french.

again: you know shit

Last edited:
Fair point.

you can teach technique, but you cant teach athleticism.

this is (and he is a prof. fighter) one of the worst uppercuts ive ever seen .. thats some women sport level shit.
BPMx.gif

many MMA fighters even lack the basiscs ... JESUS they dont even check leg kicks, which is sad, cuz its such an easy and simple technique.

Last edited:
They're not, but it doesn't really matter. There are intangibles in a fight that go beyond traditional athleticism, making it less important than when you play a fine tuned position on a team of other elite athletes.

Sorry, but hes wrong. If youre an A level athlete youre going to do whatever makes the most money and UFC fighters dont make shit.

There you have it, gents. One of the greatest athletes of all time recognizing the athleticism it takes to be a UFC fighter. I hope we can put the discussion to rest now.
UFC fighters = best athletes in the world
<CanYouSeeMeNow>

If you think the opinion of one man decides anything, you aren't looking for truth, you are just trying to sell us your opinion by using another man. You would make a good politician.

If that was the case, Tony Twist is the greatest athlete to have ever participated in the Big-4 (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL).

In reality, Twist was a terrible player who earned a place on the roster with his fists. He couldn't skate, shoot or pass.

Old-Time Hockey is fun, but players today are better athletes. All athletes today are in peak condition year round. If you aren't, somebody else is and will take your job. Hockey players, run, lift weights, box, wrestle. As do every athlete in every sport.

With that said, being a hockey enforcer wasn't an easy job. Somebody like Nikita Kucherov (or LeBron in the NBA) only has to keep his stats up. An enforcer knows there's one or two guys he has to fight every game. Every one of those guys wants to put your lights out. So you have to practice and study fight films so you know what your up to.

I don't know anything about Hockey, but there are still plenty of "enforcers" in NBA, NFL, etc.

If anything has curtailed their prevalence, it isn't an overall higher standard of professional athlete but rather additional rules and regulations that were added because rough play was too effective.

ls.jpg

1057177904.jpg.0.jpg

40 year old retired wrestler Daniel Cormier is the HW champion. If Cormier went back to the Olympic circuit now he'd be embarrassed by 20 year olds. That's just a fact.

5 years ago he blew Pendleton out of the water... just one year removed from the US trials and Ben Askren's nemesis in college

Bro ngannou trained boxing 8 years + 5-7 years MMA. Ngannou always wanted to be a boxer ... that shit was his DREAM.

There was even an interview about that shit ... but its in french.

again: you know shit
Trained boxing where?
In his african village with his old man?
I'm talking about professional training, not punching a heavy bag somewhere in Cameroon.

Trained boxing where?
In his african village with his old man?
I'm talking about professional training, not punching a heavy bag somewhere in Cameroon.

he as an instagram account, just ask him.

watch more MMA, because then you would know that there are much muuch better examples than ngannou.

JDS has literally the same poor aka 3. world background. He trained boxing for 1 year, BJJ for a few months and KOd Werdum. 2 years later = Champ.

Only Jon Jones boxing is worse than Ngannous lmfao

No they aren't. When a guy can go from selling tires at Costco to beating Arlovski in the span of a few years......it means the talent pool isn't full of the best athletes in the world.
Not hating on MMA guys. It requires a lot of talent and determination and will! But they aren't the best athletes in the world. Have you seen Bones try to dunk a ball? You have seen Conor try to jump up on a log? Now go watch an NBA player move and jump.

It was a dude that changed tires at Sam's club beat Arlovski, you may think no big deal, but I assure you the dudes working at Sam's club tire are way more thug and tough (also maybe booty warrior) than those at Costco tire.

There are great and not so great athletes in every sport. But yeah, mma guys get unfairly shit on. I mean, that job guy that beat Greg Hardy looked like a quicker and more fluid athlete than mr pro bowl did

There you have it, gents. One of the greatest athletes of all time recognizing the athleticism it takes to be a UFC fighter. I hope we can put the discussion to rest now.
UFC fighters = best athletes in the world
<CanYouSeeMeNow>

"athletes" ruined MMA, especially wreslers.

Fighters, butchers, hard hiters.. brawlers made this sport interesting

It was a dude that changed tires at Sam's club beat Arlovski, you may think no big deal, but I assure you the dudes working at Sam's club tire are way more thug and tough (also maybe booty warrior) than those at Costco tire.

LOL - Good point! Sorry I got them confused!

Did we ever find out how big Shaq's dick is?

5 years ago he blew Pendleton out of the water... just one year removed from the US trials and Ben Askren's nemesis in college

If you follow sports at all you'd know that 35 isn't 40.

Shaw is being respectful to fighters as a fan

He knows damn well between chosing a career in mma (as a lifelong martial artist) and in Basketball,

which was the way to go.

If you follow sports at all you'd know that 35 isn't 40.

<36> yeah whatever was 260lb Strikefarce Cormier better too? btw Sadulaev(if you even know who that is) trains with aka in his offseason so Cormier still getting his rounds in with the best, would most likely take snyder to suplex city

he as an instagram account, just ask him.

watch more MMA, because then you would know that there are much muuch better examples than ngannou.

JDS has literally the same poor aka 3. world background. He trained boxing for 1 year, BJJ for a few months and KOd Werdum. 2 years later = Champ.

Only Jon Jones boxing is worse than Ngannous lmfao
"Watch more mma" is as cliche as "rickson by armbar" lol
From ngannou's wiki page:
"After living homeless on the streets of Paris, he began training for free in August 2013 under Didier Carmont.[12][8] Being a fan of Mike Tyson, Ngannou was originally interested in learning how to box until his coach introduced him to the sport of MMA.[11]"
He was ORIGINALLY INTERESTED IN LEARNING HOW TO BOX.
Jds is an excellent example.
The point i was trying to make is there are plenty of great athletes in the "larger men" category coming from other countries where they don't have an opportunity to go for higher paid sports (like nfl/nba in the US), and they are often dismissed as bums who "couldn't make it to the nfl."
There's no nfl outside the US.
How the hell is someone from africa, brazil, cuba, or Russia supposed to "make it in the higher paying sports?"

Back