Movies A Christmas Story vs ELF

Favourite

• A Christmas Story

• ELF

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don't forget the neighbors Dogs stealing the Turkey.
How anyone can rate Elf over A Christmas Story is beyond me.
Yeah that's a good one too. Every scene is gold. I have this book that someone researched all the inside stuff of Christmas story. A fun thing, for the sticking tongue scene, they had a suction hose in the pole and a small hole, that's how his tongue stuck. I also met flick at a comic con, I bought a mini leg lamp and some Christmas story ornaments from him.

So wholesome humor vs stupid humor?

buddy-the-elf-elf.gif

Yeah that's a good one too. Every scene is gold. I have this book that someone researched all the inside stuff of Christmas story. A fun thing, for the sticking tongue scene, they had a suction hose in the pole and a small hole, that's how his tongue stuck. I also met flick at a comic con, I bought a mini leg lamp and some Christmas story ornaments from him.
The kid with the flight hat on when they’re waiting in line to see Santa.
I like the tin man
Ralphie gives him the look while he impatiently waits like he got serious business to attend to.

The kid with the flight hat on when they’re waiting in line to see Santa.
I like the tin man
Ralphie gives him the look while he impatiently waits like he got serious business to attend to.
Oh yes and didn't that kid smell like tapioca according to the santa? The original bad Santa.

I'm glad to see Christmas story destroying elf. I'm surprised elf is getting even 25% of the vote. What's wrong with you 25%.

Oh yes and didn't that kid smell like tapioca according to the santa? The original bad Santa.
I think that was the tapioca kid.
He just stares at Ralphie

Thats pretty fucking cool. I collected Marvel Comic cards when i was like 8. Had the entire hologram set, got into girls at 10 or 11 and sold the collection for $500 ( don't even want to know what its worth now ) Anyway, not into the comic scene since, but i could see myself "geek" out over childhood favorites like A Christmas Story , Goonies, and Stand by Me.

By the way, Full Disclosure, Its Tradition in my house to watch A Christmas story on Christmas eve. It's like watching Dick Clarks ( RIP ) New Years Rock'n Eve every year, and Kissing my wife right when the Ball drops. 25 years, going strong.

Die Hard is the best Christmas movie

I'm pretty sure I've watched A Christmas Story every Christmas Day that I can remember. To be fair Elf has become a December staple too though never on Christmas Day or Eve, but it is just a really good comedy whereas Story just has so many layers and things I seem to pick up during every viewing.

I'm pretty sure I've watched A Christmas Story every Christmas Day that I can remember. To be fair Elf has become a December staple too though never on Christmas Day or Eve, but it is just a really good comedy whereas Story just has so many layers and things I seem to pick up during every viewing.
Its pretty much a masterpiece. I don't think it will ever be topped.

How about the scene where the kids are walking by the Major toy store. Back then, that was the only place you got toys. That's one scene i dont think todays generation will ever relate to since everything is bought online nowadays. I am not as old as dirt, but for me, that Major toy store was Toys R Us. ( RIP )

Last edited:
I like Elf. But A Christmas Story for sure. Classic. As others are saying- tons of funny scenes and moments. Good nostalgia too.

Darren McGavin and Melinda Dillon (RIP to both) also contribute a lot as the parents. Both are great.

"Youuuu used all the glue on purpose!"

Another scene i can relate to was all the smoke coming out of the basement from the coal furnace. I have lived in the coal belt my whole life, and i remember my dad always making sure the coal was burning clean.

Elf is a classic. Seen it many times, and I rarely re-watch movies. Never seen Xmas Story, but it doesn’t look good. No one in my family likes it. Must be an American thing. Only in America does a Xmas movie include guns. I’ll pass.

Elf is a classic. Seen it many times, and I rarely re-watch movies. Never seen Xmas Story, but it doesn’t look good. No one in my family likes it. Must be an American thing. Only in America does a Xmas movie include guns. I’ll pass.
Oh FFS it's about a kid asking for a BB gun.

Back