Movies A Christmas Story vs ELF

Favourite

• A Christmas Story

• ELF

Results are only viewable after voting.
Never seen A Christmas Story they don't seem to show it much in the UK, I might need to look it up this year.

This is insulting to A Christmas Story. It's by far the greatest Christmas movie ever made. home alone and elf and Christmas vacation families all live in worlds where Christmas Story is shown for 24 hours straight. That's what those movie families all watch.

Christmas Story by shooting Buddy's eye out, then ground and pound.

Ralfie p4p Christmas champ.

Last edited:
Krampus has become my household classic. Such an underrated Christmas movie that uses excellent practical effects and is a non stop entertainment-fest imo. Since it came out I’ve watched it every year and it never gets old.

Santa’s Slay with Bill Goldberg is also amazing.

Also to stick to topic, both are fun movies but Christmas Story has more of a cult film feel while Elf just feels like a meh cash grab (but is still fun at the end of the day).

I never seen Krampus but you got me interested when you said practical effects, I'll have to check it out

Fat Man with Mel Gibson and Violent Night with David Harbour are a couple of my recent favorites, worth checking out if you havent seen them, especially Violent Night if youre in the mood for a gory dark comedy

Christmas Story is the greatest holiday movie of all time, that means every holiday ever invented, even the weird ones

Elf is not any of those things

Hold up brother
halloween-sit-up.gif

But yes, A Christmas Story gets past Elf my any means it wants to

Of the two, Elf.

The best Christmas movies are:

1.) Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
2.) Christmas Vacation
3.) Scrooged
4.) The Ref

Christmas Story is the Halloween of Christmas movies. It will always be relevant no matter how young or old you are. You can replace Ralphie's obsession with his bb gun to a video game system or anything else. It's relatable and timeless.

I always thought Elf was considered hot garbage until recently when I've started to see people saying it's great. I need to rewatch it maybe, I generally like Will Ferrell but don't remember it being that great. A Christmas Story is an iconic movie.

A Christmas Story is such an underrated comedy. The movie is hilarious. The little brother has me loling and that part where he gets his "Little Orphan Annie Decoder" .......classic.

A Christmas Story, due to being a perfect blend of comedy & nostalgia.

The last act in Elf really drags it down, unfortunately. Almost as if it was co-opted from an entirely different film. The first 2/3 are GOAT-tier Christmas comedy material.

The hottest lamp in history. You'll shoot your eye out. tounge getting stuck. The fight with Scott farkus. The mean Santa boot to the face. Fragilly. Mom breaks the prize. Dad buries it. Ooooh fuuuudge. Dad gonna kill ralphie. Have some milk. Chinese singing fah ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra . Chop that duck head off. farkus and the other bully trade punches in the shoulder.

And the part that always gets me. Dad buys him the gun against the moms wishes. What a heartfelt scene with father and son. What joy when he realizes he actually got it.

The hottest lamp in history. You'll shoot your eye out. tounge getting stuck. The fight with Scott farkus. The mean Santa boot to the face. Fragilly. Mom breaks the prize. Dad buries it. Ooooh fuuuudge. Dad gonna kill ralphie. Have some milk. Chinese singing fah ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra . Chop that duck head off. farkus and the other bully trade punches in the shoulder.

And the part that always gets me. Dad buys him the gun against the moms wishes. What a heartfelt scene with father and son. What joy when he realizes he actually got it.
And don't forget, he almost shot his eye out.
Also the neighbors dogs stealing the Turkey.

Last edited:
And don't forget, he almost shot his eye out.
Just like the adults to be right. Gotta fake those tears and blame those icicles cause mom can not be right about this

Back