Favourite

• Home Alone

• It's A Wonderful Life

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Arguably the 2 best Christmas movies. Which is your favourite?

For me it's home alone easily. Funny, well written, great ending, it has everything. Although I do really really like the ending of it's a wonderful life as well as the poison pill/job scene.

It’s A Wonderful Life for sure. I like Home Alone but I prefer It’s A Wonderful Life on almost every level. And while the Catherine O’Hara/Macaulay reunion is a nice, poignant moment (and that great character actor who played Marley adds a lot too), the feels from final scene of It’s A Wonderful Life are next level.

Totally different feels so hard to compare. Home alone i watch every year and its a wonderful life maybe every 5. Both great movies.

I feel like we're supposed to like it's a wonderful life because we're also told it's a classic. But it's unoriginal, cheesy, and due to its age, the acting and writing are super corny. I know it's how people "acted" at the time, but it's so over the top theatrical, it's almost a tough watch.

Home alone for me

It's a Wondeful Life is one of the great American films and Capra is one of it's greatest directors. The writing is top shelf and the story is as relevant as ever and should be shown to all children. The main criticism of it seems to be that it's too sentimental and to that I say bah humbug! Plus, Donna Reed is a little cutie.

Also, Home Alone is awesome and a favorite of any 90s kid with a pulse.

Back