Crime 77 year old American fatally shoots two climate change activists for blocking the road.

They never should have removed
"Dont play in the street"
from nursery school and kindergarten curriculum. It was such a valuable lesson with real world implications.

For the majority, it’s ego. The need to be right. Much prefer to be alive than right, but that’s just me.

I think it's more detachment from reality than ego.

They probably lead a sheltered life and were protected from all things bad by their parents growing up. Probably never got in a physical altercation or were never confronted with the real consequences of doing something dangerous.

This is not to say they deserved to be killed, but their actions facing a gun were coming from a naive place of privilege.

They probably lead a sheltered life and were protected from all things bad by their parents growing up. Probably never got in a physical altercation or were never confronted with the real consequences of doing something dangerous.

This is not to say they deserved to be killed, but their actions facing a gun were coming from a naive place of privilege.
That does play a role. Mentioned it earlier, but cameras everywhere make many few like nothing can happen. They become bullet-proof, or stab resistant. You see it as n those clip videos of f road rage.

That said, I still think ego has more to do with it. If you watch a lot of self protection vids or take courses, they will show you tons of clips that have folks acting foolish, and arguing just to argue that they are right, even with folks with weapons on them. It makes no sense to me, but that’s what I see.

So often these days I see situations where I think

"If that person had experienced at least one good proper ass whooping this whole thing could have been avoided."

Thats a good counter

I'm not canadian, and I don't know the extent of their blocking with the trucks. But thats a fair criticism

It was weird, there was a complete flip flop on the right to protest when it came to BLM vs the Canadian truckers, from both the right and the left. I learned that the vast majority of people have no principles and just support their side blindly.

It was weird, there was a complete flip flop on the right to protest when it came to BLM vs the Canadian truckers, from both the right and the left. I learned that the vast majority of people have no principles and just support their side blindly.
Personally, I believe in the right to protest whatever the hell you want. Where I draw the line is vandalism and destruction of property.

The truckers set up on the roads in front of Parliament, as directed by police, and yet the politicians were still able to go to work at Parliament, except for the Prime Minister, who was too scared.

The truckers even shoveled the snow and fed all comers, including the homeless, so there were actually fewer reports of disorder than when the truckers weren't there.

I also remember that a group of truckers were kettled by police on the highway. These truckers are people who came to protest with their families on board, with their livelihoods on the line. And at least one sherdogger was cheering that they would run out of gas while kettled and freeze to death.
Truckers blocked the busiest US-Canada entry point.

Key U.S.-Canada border crossing blocked by truckers fighting Trudeau's COVID curbs

OTTAWA, Feb 8 (Reuters) - The busiest land crossing from the United States to Canada remained shut on Tuesday after Canadian truckers blocked lanes on Monday to protest their government's pandemic control measures.

https://www.reuters.com/world/ameri...ge-with-us-trudeau-faces-grilling-2022-02-08/

--
That is far more impactfull than blocking local roads and highways.

"The protesters were a public nuisance and costing millions"....

..."when someone pulls out a gun, you should know to flee"...

...none of these tangents have anything to do with whether or not the old guy was justifued(morally, ethically, or legally), in opening fire on a crowd. The only justifiable defense would be a direct threat to his life, IMHO.

Back