Crime 77 year old American fatally shoots two climate change activists for blocking the road.

American lawyer Kenneth Darlington arrested in Panama after gunman filmed shooting dead two eco-protesters blocking highway (nypost.com)

An elderly American has been arrested after a gunman was caught on camera walking up to environmental protesters blocking a Panamanian highway Tuesday and blasting two of them to death.

Disturbing footage showed a man with gray hair and glasses casually approaching the blockade on the Pan-American Highway and waving his finger while arguing with the demonstrators — before pulling out a gun and opening fire.

Other footage showed people standing around bodies in the road in the Chame sector west of Panama City as well as the gunman being cuffed and led to a squad car.

Police later shared a photo of the suspect handcuffed to a pipe as he was identified as Kenneth Darlington, 77, a lawyer and professor who holds dual citizenship in the US and Panama, according to Newsroom Panama and Agence France-Presse.

One of the shot protesters died at the scene while the second was pronounced dead at a local hospital, AFP said.

The violence came during the third week of protests over a large mining contract that allows Canada-based First Quantum Minerals to operate the region’s largest pit copper mine for at least 20 more years.

The roadblocks have caused up to $80 million in daily losses to businesses and have shuttered schools nationwide for more than a week.

Panama President Laurentino Cortizo sent his condolences to the dead protesters’ families, saying that such a crime “has no place” in his nation’s supportive society.

The deadly shooting came after Panamanian media reported that a demonstrator was run over and killed last week by a foreigner attempting to drive past a roadblock.

The 19,000-mile Pan-American Highway is the world’s largest route, spanning from Alaska to Argentina with a break in the Darién Gap.

Warning - Video in below tweet graphic

What the actual fuck?

Special place in Hell for this old bastard.

LOL at the comments about 'mental health' and 'psychos'.

He's just a murderer. Enjoy your last few years, dickhead.

I'm not sure why you'd keep antagonizing somebody who is coming at you with a gun. Of course he shouldn't have shot them but like with many crimes the victims could've easily avoided it.

Also, aren't they protesting a copper mine? Go block their fucking entrance off instead of bothering normal people.

I'm not sure why you'd keep antagonizing somebody who is coming at you with a gun. Of course he shouldn't have shot them but like with many crimes the victims could've easily avoided it.

Also, aren't they protesting a copper mine? Go block their fucking entrance off instead of bothering normal people.

You can honestly watch a cold blooded murder and just say "why didn't they get out the way"?

That's a bit weird, dude.

You can honestly watch a cold blooded murder and just say "why didn't they get out the way"?

That's a bit weird, dude.

Yup because I can easily get the obvious out of the way. He shouldn't have shot them, that was very wrong. Then, instead of circle jerking about that dude being a psychopatic murderer, which he is, I look deeper. We're on a discussion forum and obviously there's not much of a discussion about if the dude was wrong.

Could this happen to me? Why did it happen to these guys? If somebody comes at you with a gun because you're blockading a road would your first instinct be to keep antagonizing him? I'd get the fuck out of there very quickly. I've only been in a situation once where somebody threatened me with what turned out to be a fake gun. And until I was actually sure the gun was fake I was into full de-escalation mode.

%99.9 of the people in the world don't have sympathy for them. It's only crazy western leftists supporting them.
In non-western countries you can't see it because people are not retarded and if someone does it people would fuck them up in less then 5 seconds.
I can't imagine it happening in my country lol All drivers would get ouf of their car and lynch them
Imagination land must be wonderous.

I would have to imagine that MOST of the civilized world would have a lot of empathy for a group protesting the poisoning of their drinking water...you must live in a real shithole...or Michigan.

Good to see there is still justice in this world.

You do realize they were protesting some copper mines and other mines that severely damage and impact the surrounding area directly, right? They weren't protesting some bullshit climate change fairy tale like these leftist loonies in Europe.

Yup because I can easily get the obvious out of the way. He shouldn't have shot them, that was very wrong. Then, instead of circle jerking about that dude being a psychopatic murderer, which he is, I look deeper. We're on a discussion forum and obviously there's not much of a discussion about if the dude was wrong.

Could this happen to me? Why did it happen to these guys? If somebody comes at you with a gun because you're blockading a road would your first instinct be to keep antagonizing him? I'd get the fuck out of there very quickly. I've only been in a situation once where somebody threatened me with what turned out to be a fake gun. And until I was actually sure the gun was fake I was into full de-escalation mode.

See, the thing is, if you're doing something that you want to do peacefully, no old fucker has the right to approach you with a weapon and demand that you stop.

You don't need to look any deeper than that, or you start making mistakes and logical fallacies.

So let's say that you go to work, and your aim is to work peacefully at whatever job it is that you do in order to put food on the table and a roof over your head, but someone decides that they object to whatever job it is you're doing and demand that you stop, and they're armed: that guy is a cunt.

We can run away from terrorists like this, but no one would blame you if you tried to explain what you were doing. If that upset the guy and he shot you, I'd demand life in prison for that guy.

If some guy online decided that you should just immediately stopped doing whatever it was you were doing regardless of how urgent it was or wasn't, I'd defend you too.

You do realize they were protesting some copper mines and other mines that severely damage and impact the surrounding area directly, right? They weren't protesting some bullshit climate change fairy tale like these leftist loonies in Europe.
What happens when someone has an emergency 1000 cars down and can't get to a hospital for hours because of these selfish assholes?

Is there a clip where the lead up to his shot is not edited? The one in the OP is very sketchy but I also can't picture a scenario where he really needed to shoot either.

Ive just been waiting for something like this too happen.
Most of the times, im usually on the side of protestors.
But Its always been a dangerous game of blocking roads.
All it was gonna take is a dude having a bad day, road rage, no fucks to give.

Ive just been waiting for something like this too happen.
Most of the times, im usually on the side of protestors.
But Its always been a dangerous game of blocking roads.
All it was gonna take is a dude having a bad day, road rage, no fucks to give.

I think its totally fair to say that the protestors were extremely stupid and this is a good way to find trouble

but..

how can you be on the side of the guy who committed actual murder - lol ??

I'd like to hear the opinions on this from some of the people that were waiting in traffic for hours.

Can you imagine, your kids in the car screaming, it's hot, you're almost out of gas so you can't run the A/C, and then one of your kids shits himself.

I know that isn't the exact scenario here, but I can see how someone could snap.

I'd like to hear the opinions on this from some of the people that were waiting in traffic for hours.

Can you imagine, your kids in the car screaming, it's hot, you're almost out of gas so you can't run the A/C, and then one of your kids shits himself.

I know that isn't the exact scenario here, but I can see how someone could snap.

I don't think I could ever stone cold kill someone like that but...

There was one time when my daughter was (much) younger and she was having abdominal pain. It started to get a bit worse, and we decided to we'd better take her to the ER. She was in some pain when we left, but about halfway to the hospital (10 minutes) it ramped up big time. She was shaking and gripping my wife's hand so hard, we had no idea what the fuck it was but she was in unbearable pain. (Had it been like that at the time we left we'd have called an ambulance but it was bearable at that point so we decided to drive ourselves). Anyway, it turned out it was just severe cramping and nothing life threatening but with a young kid and having never encountered anything like it, we had no idea.

I'm thinking of that specific scenario and someone blocking the road. Could I shoot them in cold blood? No. Could I tell them I'm gonna run them over to get past because my kid needs to get to the hospital and if they refused to move would I just keep driving? IDK...maybe. If I was worried my kid's life might be in jeopardy...they'd have the choice to move or get run over I guess.

I think its totally fair to say that the protestors were extremely stupid and this is a good way to find trouble

but..

how can you be on the side of the guy who committed actual murder - lol ??

Woah no, I mean, typically I agree with the protestors who do these things. Here in aus, its usually climate activists doing it.
Do I support and want more climate change policies?
Yup
But I for sure have been just waiting for somethign like this to happen.
I am in no way on the side of the murderer

I am legit saying, I have been expecting something like this too happen. Weather it be a guy with a gun, or someone plowing through protestors and killing them that way etc

Back