Shoop $50 IN PRIZES!! Shoop a new belt? Shoop Contest Announcment

I was about to mention that, can do it in Mayberry I think, if the strict rules are followed. Movies & TV Series
Just to add that I still prefer to make it about MMA if it's a contest rather than another froot shoop thread

Lots of potential for sure, and the Mayberry may be the answer.

In any case let’s talk offline next week.
I think to be an official shoop thread it needs to be cleared by @bigwaverider/@jei, and in order for it to do That I think we need a little traction... Maybe re-title your existing thread and add some kind of variation of "signup" at the end..?

Cant forget dem froots. It's a part if the sherdog shop diet now... Even if my eyes are rekt now.

PicsArt_01-13-04.27.54.jpg

Yeah, I think you're right, and everyone seems to be in agreement here. I will update the rules. Sorry for how sloppy this has been so far, guys. This is me trying to figure out how to start a shoop contest:

I'll be back in a bit to address some of the other posts.

-Backgrounds should be one flat color.

I'm in agreement with that too. All the work will be shooping the belt.

You will never be able to fully cover that jcvd mullet

With enough perseverance you can. It's just a matter of how long you want to beat on it. "You will never be able to" is not understood by a Photoshopper.

2rjCO23.gif

I'd love to say I'd sign up but I barely get time to do a few shitty little shoops here and there let alone a full project! Good luck to all though

I will miss you.

Well... 6 months... but your point still standz that it's been a minute.

07/11/18 – UFC 226 – Miocic vs Cormier – (NGS)
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/✌️✌️non-gif-shoop-contest-final-round-voting-shoop-dat-ufc-226.3792367/

Nothing gets by you brah haha. :D

It hurts not being allowed to like post. I keep going for it and it's not there.

AZeOFEG.gif

exactly, I think those who are capable of changing backgrounds should be able to pick a colour that best compliments their project, they "earned" that right, and those who use a belt on a "non-bias" background like the UFC belt I posted above would have to settle for what they got. It seems fair to me.

I agree. I mean I concur.

upload_2019-1-21_21-19-44.jpeg

Bro, this is the first one of its kind... This is the rule making thread, there can be no bad suggestions - it's a great idea and were all chipping in.

After this if we don't do non-gif pretty immediately I'm going to work with @Ottawaguy to bring us a froot shoop competition, so all good.

Nice. You need a catchy name. You, @Ottawaguy, and @Norman Khabib will make a good team. 3 imaginative and crazy fellas.

Last edited:
shoop in your black belt and put the afro on it from your AV

<seedat>
Thing is I'd have a great time doing it and always have loads of ideas, but I'm restricted to MS Paint on a desktop at work and apparently have to put family before this kind of thing when I'm at home!

Last edited:
Moved to Heavies by BWR
img-0982-1024x602.jpg

Think you can make a better belt? Now's your chance to prove it! I'm holding a contest to see which Sherdogger can design the best new new UFC title. Entrants will create an original image of their own custom UFC championship belt and the forum will vote for their favorites. The creators of the top two will each get a $25 Amazon giftcard! Registration for the contest is now open, and will close on Saturday, January 26. Entrants will have until January 31 to submit their work to me via PM, and the poll will follow. If you want in, tag me in a reply here and say, "I'm in!"

Contest rules:
-Non-Gif Shoops, so still images only on this one.
-One single still image. If you want to do multiple angles/variants, that's great, but just keep it all in one image file.
-Keep your entry secret. No posting of your entry elsewhere until after the contest ends.
-It's all about the belt. No fighters, no Dana White, no placing a belt on top of another rad shoop you did.
-If you have any questions, post here and tag me, or PM me if it pertains to your top secret shoop material.

Entrants:
1. @Norman Khabib
2. @Ottawaguy
3. @Buff
4. @Arqueto176
5. @Myrddin Wild
6. @Sansnom
7. @MacGregor
8. @X Factor
9. @bigwaverider
10. @MenthosLine
11. @TheScorpionDude
12. @BobbyD963
OK fuck it I'm in, sign me up man, I'll work with what I've got

I'm just thinking, is there a size limit for these images? For intricate, minuscule details they'd need to be pretty large

Any issues hosting these? Do they fuck up the lay out for some people?

I'm just thinking, is there a size limit for these images? For intricate, minuscule details they'd need to be pretty large

Any issues hosting these? Do they fuck up the lay out for some people?

Now this is a really solid question...for which I have no answer. As the Stephen A. Smith here, I'm gonna have to defer to my man DC...or BWR. @bigwaverider ?

I have been using postimages.org, which has a 12Mb and 10k x 10k pixel limit for images, and that seems pretty reasonable. The forum formatting is really what I'm curious about.

I'm in agreement with that too. All the work will be shooping the belt.

With enough perseverance you can. It's just a matter of how long you want to beat on it. "You will never be able to" is not understood by a Photoshopper.

2rjCO23.gif

I will miss you.

Nothing gets by you brah haha. :D

AZeOFEG.gif

I agree. I mean I concur.

View attachment 509513

Nice. You need a catchy name. You, @Ottawaguy, and @Norman Khabib will make a good team. 3 imaginative and crazy fellas.
Blasphemy

@bigwaverider I mean size in pixels rather than like a 4gb image!

I have been using postimages.org, which has a 12Mb and 10k x 10k pixel limit for images, and that seems pretty reasonable. The forum formatting is really what I'm curious about.

This is actually a complex question (for me anyways). I feel I should just know that answer but I don't, but I agree that it's a great point to have a dimension restriction. Let's all agree to use "dimension" instead of "size" when talking about width and height OK?

There are many different resolutions for monitors, and cell phones, so what I see on my 4K 3840X2160 monitor, may or may not be what you see, and almost certainly the cell phone people see things differently. We actually need someone who knows the forum code to find the optimum image dimensions. @jei can you help?

However, we can "jury rig" this by taking a wild ass guess. My plan is to post a bunch of images in different dimensions, and for us to just pick one that looks appropriate. Unless someone comes up with a better idea, I am going to do that now.

The main problem I see is that if people do multiple views, then it can scroll off vertically. I don't see a solution to that, but we still have to have a vertical limit otherwise someone could do a 1000px wide by 10 million px height and it will scroll for pages and pages.

edit: IMO having an image that scrolls off screen may work against the shooper. It may be unavoidable, but IMO it's best if people can see the whole image at once. Yes they can click the image to "view full res" but let's face it, how many are actually going to do that?

Back