Shoop $50 IN PRIZES!! Shoop a new belt? Shoop Contest Announcment

The Clark

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Moved to Heavies by BWR

VOTING THREAD IS UP!! GO VOTE!!

img-0982-1024x602.jpg

Think you can make a better belt? Now's your chance to prove it! I'm holding a contest to see which Sherdogger can design the best new new UFC title. Entrants will create an original image of their own custom UFC championship belt and the forum will vote for their favorites. The creators of the top two will each get a $25 Amazon giftcard! Registration for the contest is now open, and will close on Saturday, January 26. Entrants will have until 11:59 PM (PST) on January 31 to submit their work to me via PM, and the poll will follow. If you want in, tag me in a reply here and say, "I'm in!"

Contest rules:
-Non-Gif Shoops, so still images only on this one.
-One single still image. If you want to do multiple angles, that's great, but just keep it all in one image file.
-Image dimensions should be 1024 x 1024 pixels or less.
-Keep your entry secret. No posting of your entry elsewhere until after the contest ends.
-It's all about the belt. No fighters, no Dana White, no placing a belt on top of another rad shoop you did.
-Backgrounds should be one flat color.
-If you have any questions, post here and tag me, or PM me if it pertains to your top secret shoop material.
-Limited to the first 20 entrants, but anyone after that is welcome to join as an alternate.

NOTE: Do NOT upload your entries to Sherdog! This has caused issues in the past. Please upload your pic to an image hosting site (http://www.imgur.com or https://imgbb.com/ or whatever your preferred site may be) and include that link in your PM to me.

Entrants:
1. @Norman Khabib
2. @Ottawaguy
3. @Buff
4. @Arqueto176
5. @Myrddin Wild
6. @Sansnom
7. @MacGregor
8. @X Factor
9. @bigwaverider
10. @MenthosLine
11. @TheScorpionDude
12. @BobbyD963
13. @HughPhug
14. @steamboat100
15. @mbinder
16. @p4pgoat
17. @Natural Order

Pre-emptive Alternate: @MastiffMike

img-0982-1024x602.jpg

When I saw the new UFC belt design, my first thought was that I could design a better belt than that. So, I thought maybe it would be fun to have a contest here to design/shoop a NEW new UFC belt. If that sounds like fun to you guys, I'll throw in a couple Amazon gift cards for the winners. Let me know!
I was thinking the same thing, and that belt has definitely inspired me to work on some new projects alongside my current ones. You could split the competition into 2 tiers, one for the customized versions of the new belt (maybe everyone uses the same photo?) and the other for the entirely original belts (or customized versions of other belts)

Need to tag in the regulars and see who is interested

@jei @Buff @propain14 @Ottawaguy @Arqueto174

Count me in. I’d definitely try to design one from scratch, but not sure how i would go about working with textures. Still a good way to experiment.

Count me in. I’d definitely try to design one from scratch, but not sure how i would go about working with textures. Still a good way to experiment.
maybe the belt shoops could be one bracket then, and the new belts using no imported elements could be the other? it would give something to those who want to spend more time making their belts while still encouraging everyone else to enter even with simple shoops :) @bigwaverider has some experience with those restricted PS competitions

img-0982-1024x602.jpg

When I saw the new UFC belt design, my first thought was that I could design a better belt than that. So, I thought maybe it would be fun to have a contest here to design/shoop a NEW new UFC belt. If that sounds like fun to you guys, I'll throw in a couple Amazon gift cards for the winners. Let me know!

This is a good idea. Let me know if you need any help. I can pump this up if you would like. I moved the thread to the Heavies because contest announcement threads are allowed there.

@bigwaverider can you being this out of shoop hell please?

I moved it to the Heavies. Good suggestion. @Buff for president. Oh wait you are in U.K.

@Buff for Queen. :D

buff-queen-jpg.507973

Last edited:
That belt looks like it could go on a PowerRanger or something.

Sounds like a fun contest. Since it's potentially for a monetary prize, we'll need to set up an official-type registration/call to action to involve the community.

Sounds like a fun contest. Since it's potentially for a monetary prize, we'll need to set up an official-type registration/call to action to involve the community.

Yea. Mahalo to @The Clark, but we (and "we" is probably "me") will have to coordinate it with him.

Would this give dembones an excuse to post his belt? :D

Thank you for fully embracing the froot shoop!

From now on I am sneaking in a froot shoop in every single shoop thread!
btw should I make a bunch of templates from last nights event, or are we sticking with shooping fruit, veggies and belts this week? anyone up for a regular shoop thread?

@The Clark I'm in. I should be all set up with my new PC next week.

You said: 'Registration for the contest is now open and will close on Saturday, January 26.' is that also when the entries need to be submitted by?

My first thought was it’s an oversized hot dog branding iron. The belt could be used for big cuts of meat like a brisket or a ham or even branding live range cattle.

Yea. Mahalo to @The Clark, but we (and "we" is probably "me") will have to coordinate it with him.

You need a shoop mod assistant, preferably a hot blonde chick who loves to post nudes for all us to shoop, and help all the shoopers with some post-competition 'relaxation therapy'

Back