Shoop $50 IN PRIZES!! Shoop a new belt? Shoop Contest Announcment

The deadline to submit your entry will be January 31, so you'll have 5 days after the registration closes.

Non-Gif Shoops for this one. I really want to focus on the actual design of the belts, whether that's something silly or a more realistic take. MS Paint is perfectly acceptable!
Once registration is closed, I will accept submissions via PM.
I updated the OP with some clarifications and the new entrants.

You are sounding like a pro!!

Contest announcement. Let me know if you want to be removed.

Last edited:
Can we have fighters and other personalities ON the belt though? like Tito and Chuck shaped gems?

He is updating the rules as we go along. From the rules.

-It's all about the belt. No fighters, no Dana White, no placing a belt on top of another rad shoop you did. Simple backgrounds are allowed.

Last edited:
Don't beat yourself up big guy, I still laughed.

Thanks. I posted it in the TJ shoop thread and ppl seemed to like it.

Last edited:
@The Clark sign me up please.

Last edited:
@The Clark - I reckon making a rule that we make these on a plain background needs to be the way forward.

Basically, make it as even as possible, absolutely no gifs, but allow MS Paint and Photoshop... But the no background thing is important, otherwise it basically guarantees victory to the person with the best computer... Just the belt. No figures, no stand, no colourful background, no moving parts... Transparent background.

This is as close as we've had to an NGS in 9 months!

@The Clark - I reckon making a rule that we make these on a plain background needs to be the way forward.

Basically, make it as even as possible, absolutely no gifs, but allow MS Paint and Photoshop... But the no background thing is important, otherwise it basically guarantees victory to the person with the best computer... Just the belt. No figures, no stand, no colourful background, no moving parts... Transparent background.

This is as close as we've had to an NGS in 9 months!

I agree @Buff. We should be judged on the belt that we made and not how imaginative the shoop is. Someone can bust out an awesome shoop and slap a belt in there somewhere as an afterthought, but that's not what we want. We also need to define "plain background", or "simple background" as @The Clark put it. Is that a single colored background? A gradient? To me, either one of those is a simple/plain background and should also contain no brushing. However I am really leaning to a single colored background as it makes everything so much more simple (although I am open to a gradient). The downside is that the shoops may be boring.

I agree @Buff. We should be judged on the belt that we made and not how imaginative the shoop is. Someone can bust out an awesome shoop and slap a belt in there somewhere as an afterthought, but that's not what we want. We also need to define "plain background", or "simple background" as @The Clark put it. Is that a single colored background? A gradient? To me, either one of those is a simple/plain background and should also contain no brushing. However I am really leaning to a single colored background as it makes everything so much more simple (although I am open to a gradient). The downside is that the shoops may be boring.
This is why I think it should be a two bracket competition, but pool all the entries for voting and separate them afterwards, that way the best shoop can't beat the best custom belt, it can only win in its respective bracket. All the static-shoop options become available then :) it would be like a movie awards ceremony, with multiple categories.

I got one. But I need permission from teh mods.

If you need permission from the mods, then it probably won't be allowed haha. I can OK it, or @jei can too. PM it to me if you think it's controversial. However, I would wait some days for the rules to be established. They are still being worked on.

This is why I think it should be a two bracket competition, but pool all the entries for voting and separate them afterwards, that way the best shoop can't beat the best custom belt, it can only win in its respective bracket. All the static-shoop options become available then :) it would be like a movie awards ceremony, with multiple categories.

That's @The Clark's call. He is definitely a trooper by having the guts to hold a contest. TBH when I told him how involved it is, I half expected him to bow out. But he has carried on like a boss. This is his first one and I am not sure how far he wants to take it. BTW, anyone can hold a contest, so if you have any brainstorms you can hold your own.

That's @The Clark's call. He is definitely a trooper by having the guts to hold a contest. TBH when I told him how involved it is, I half expected him to bow out. But he has carried on like a boss. This is his first one and I am not sure how far he wants to take it. BTW, anyone can hold a contest, so if you have any brainstorms you can hold your own.
This is probably the best contest for having it like an awards ceremony because it's all about the ultimate award, a UFC belt. You're right though, it IS @The Clark's competition and I'm just throwing my ideas into the mix.

Moved to Heavies by BWR
img-0982-1024x602.jpg

Think you can make a better belt? Now's your chance to prove it! I'm holding a contest to see which Sherdogger can design the best new new UFC title. Entrants will create an original image of their own custom UFC championship belt and the forum will vote for their favorites. The creators of the top two will each get a $25 Amazon giftcard! Registration for the contest is now open, and will close on Saturday, January 26. Entrants will have until January 31 to submit their work to me via PM, and the poll will follow. If you want in, tag me in a reply here and say, "I'm in!"

Contest rules:
-Non-Gif Shoops, so still images only on this one.
-One single still image. If you want to do multiple angles/variants, that's great, but just keep it all in one image file.
-Keep your entry secret. No posting of your entry elsewhere until after the contest ends.
-It's all about the belt. No fighters, no Dana White, no placing a belt on top of another rad shoop you did. Simple backgrounds are allowed.
-If you have any questions, post here and tag me, or PM me if it pertains to your top secret shoop material.

Entrants:
1. @Norman Khabib
2. @Ottawaguy
3. @Buff
4. @Arqueto176
5. @Myrddin Wild
6. @Sansnom
7. @MacGregor
8. @X Factor
9. @bigwaverider
Me. In.

Question:
Why the registration?

What if someone is considering joining, but is hesitant to commit and then disappoint if life throws them a curve and they're unable to submit something by the deadline?

Asking for a friend.
This happens anyway for all the contests, but I think it's done that way to show that people have actually entered and it also serves as bumps for the thread :)

I'd love to say I'd sign up but I barely get time to do a few shitty little shoops here and there let alone a full project! Good luck to all though

I'd love to say I'd sign up but I barely get time to do a few shitty little shoops here and there let alone a full project! Good luck to all though
shoop in your black belt and put the afro on it from your AV

<seedat>

Yeah, but the public list of entrants made my friend rethink entering.

I'm sure he's shook.
No getting away from the talent in these competitions when there's cash prizes on offer

did you see the gifs in the ISL? <45> it's dog eat dog, and no different in MS contests etc

Question:
Why the registration?

What if someone is considering joining, but is hesitant to commit and then disappoint if life throws them a curve and they're unable to submit something by the deadline?

Asking for a friend.

EDIT TO ADD QUESTION:
The rules state "image" but some designs may not be as clearly conveyed if the belt is just shown flat. Can a submission include multiple static images (i.e. front and back views)?

I will try to answer. The first NGS had sign ups and we had to limit it to 40 due to demand. 30 something of them actually submitted or so. The next NGS we did a "no sign up". 11 people showed up!!! It was a total failure and hurt my feelings. The third NGS had sign ups and had similar numbers to the first one where we had sign ups.

My lesson learned from all that was to have a sign up thread for all contests. My guess is that people feel committed and are more likely to actually submit entries.

Just sign up and if you can't submit then it is what it is. Or even sign up as an alternate so "your friend" doesnt feel commited.

Now Mikey, I tell you this all the time, you are one of my favorite shoopers and you were a HUGE inspiration to me when I first started. However, you have a case of "ShoopersDontReadTheRulesItus".... as do most of the Shoopers. :D

-One single still image. If you want to do multiple angles/variants, that's great, but just keep it all in one image file.

Back