FW GOAT

BowserJr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Who do you consider the GOAT?

They both have a solid resumes

Ya Max beat Aldo but Aldo was clearly past his prime and Max lost 2x while in his prime

Aldo has the longevity and title defenses to make a strong case for being FW Goat but that Conor KO and 2 beat downs max gave can make a solid arguement against him as well.

Aldo has the longevity and title defenses to make a strong case for being FW Goat but that Conor KO and 2 beat downs max gave can make a solid arguement against him as well.
Exactly it's a tough call

Aldo was definitely past prime though against Max. Against Aldo not so much. I think a rematch would have lasted longer but similar ending

If Conor had stayed at fw I think he would've cleaned out the division except for maybe losing to a younger Edgar. Edgar was also old when he fought max

How would Prime Aldo fare against Volk and Max?

Aldo still.has the body of work and longevity. His losses have made it a race. Conor.doesn't have the body of work he has to be considered the sandy koufax of the division a guy that dominated but didn't do.it long enough to be goat.
Max needs the belt back and some defenses then its a real.convo IMO.

During his prime, José Aldo has beaten 9 guys who were in the top 5/6 of the division at the moment of the fight, +2 who were quite close to it.
Holloway has beaten so far 6 guys in the top 5/6 at the moment of the fight +4 who were quite close to it.
Therefore, I'd still go with Aldo as the best FW of all time, but Max is still going strong and with a couple of wins against top competition, he could end up being the goat in my book.

Conor.

2nd best: Aldo easily

3rd best: Max

and Conor beat both of them easily...effortlessly. When you factor in that, plus a belt in a higher division which both Max and Aldo failed to do. I mean....come on.

Aldo has the longer and "better resume" at FW but Conor never lost and sparked out the other FW GOAT contenders. So...Plus a finish over prime skincream Mendes who was 16-2 and had only ever lost to Aldo.

FW must be a terrible, thin division if people actually think Conor is its GOAT.

Guy has what, 3 ranked wins at FW? 4 good wins in total lol?

Who do you consider the GOAT?

They both have a solid resumes

Ya Max beat Aldo but Aldo was clearly past his prime and Max lost 2x while in his prime

GOAT via what metric?

Resume? How they match up head to head, prime for prime?

If resume, then what matters most? Longeivity? Title defenses? Top 10 wins? Beating hard style matchups? P4P status? Being small for the weight class and winning regardless?

In what matter do these order?

See why these GOAT talks are always messy. We're all using DIFFERENT criteria yet talking like there's one universal metric.

IMO if Max loses to Volk again he won't ever surpass Aldo. If he convincingly beats Volk, Holloway's undoubtedly the FW GOAT, at least for me.

The sport has evolved and Holloway is clearing the division and will avenge his loss, cos last time apparently it wasn’t enough. Who’s to say Volkanovski isn’t elite too though? Those 2 are separated from the rest of the division.

Aldo is up there with the best ofcourse but
Holloway > Aldo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back