News 3rd greatest welterweight ever!

GSP
Hughes

Who cares after that. Guess you gotta put Usman there.

wish khazmat staid at WW to see what he could do, but he will never be a champ

Khamzat and Conor should fight and the winner takes on the Darren Till-Nate Diaz winner. That's your all-time Top 4. Of course Khamzat and Till will both weigh in about 182 which will complicate things. Maybe put Gastelum as the alternate.

Wait, how did Mike Perry get left out of this discussion? Do you not like the 1.2% of him that's black? Racist!!!

And Junie Browning fought at least some at 170. How could you leave all the legends out, TS??

I must have Alzheimer’s. How could I forget these legends and Andy wang????

Also forgot Rickson who would have beat any of these GSP era guys by armbar four hundred and one times out of four hundred and one attempts.

I mean I seriously don’t see anyone beating him or segal or Chuck Norris who all walked around 185 lbs anyway. Maybe we should start the thread at #50 goat candidate and beyond?
Word on the street is Ron Tripp threatened to move to 170 as soon as Rickson did, so it never happened. Of course he wanted none of Sakuraba either.

Lettuce be cereal for a moment. Ppl you should consider before polluting your list with Gsp-like fighters who lost to light weight Serra, got arm-barred by train wreck Hughes and got dominated by Jimmy Hendriks or whoever

Manny 'A win is a win' Gamburyan - sure - maybe he did not achieve his full potential due to circumstances and stuff - but you MUST include him in top 3 for unrealised potential alone!
Moti Horenstein - a guy holding the record of number broken baseball bats using just his legs!
Tiki Ghosn - one a few fighters to allegedly tap Arianny!
Andy Wang - should I say more?!?!?!?!
I still feel bad that Moti Horenstein, who probably only weighed 190 after eating an extra large pizza, had to face a totally juiced 280-pound Mark Kerr. We're talking the current version of Wonderboy vs. pre-UFC Ubereem.

I get it. Trying to spice it up.

Wait, how did Mike Perry get left out of this discussion? Do you not like the 1.2% of him that's black? Racist!!!

And Junie Browning fought at least some at 170. How could you leave all the legends out, TS??
If we were talking about bareknuckle: Mike Perry is the GOAT! And p4p too

I think GSP is clearly number 1
2 and 3 are a toss up between Hughes and Usman, but I lean Hughes since he had more defenses and impacted the sport more, Leon needs a few more defenses to join that conversation

The 3rd best Welterweight ever in the UFC is this guy, also stellar nutritionist, most reliable supplement procurer pre-USADA, an OG as one of the best entourage goon ever seen in the sport.

IMG_0133.jpeg

Back