Why nobody uses the drunken kung fu arts in the UFC

PubliusVentidius

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Seems quite unpredictable and flowy. Look at the devastating Street Fighter 2 elbow at 1:12.

If Conor knew that technique at 2:44 he would've probably nullified Khabib take downs.

Playing the Flute of Life. Sexually ambiguous, ageless immortal. <mma4>

220px-Wasteland_Coverart.png

Seems quite unpredictable and flowy. Look at the devastating Street Fighter 2 elbow at 1:12.

If Conor knew that technique at 2:44 he would've probably nullified Khabib take downs.

Ill take drunken Vovchanchyn over your drunkin kung fu 10 times out of 10.

1000000000% real

why dont they play possum more often, wait for the all in and take advantage..

I watched a few seconds of that video and seriously hope that dude doesn't take himself too seriously lol

I'm going to be honest and admit that my little brother, playing with Shun Di, kicked my ass a few times at Virtua Fighter 2. I was dominating as Sarah, though (dem long reaching legs):

What's funny about this is this style of fighting, when used by somebody who actually knows how to fight, could theoretically cause some serious problems for another trained fighter, while a untrained guy may just clobber you. A trained fighter is like a machine, they drill set responses to expected attacks. Something this unpredictable and unorthodox could throw a wrench in the works. We see this all the time already, albeit not with anything as off the wall as drunken kung fu. Machidas wide stance and distance, Cruz's footwork, Thompsons sideways stance and kicks, etc. Things that weren't par for the course in MMA, and guys became successful with it.

Back