Interesting UFC Jet Li Story from back in the day...

Everyone should watch The Shaolin Temple with Jet. Just a beautiful display of martial arts. I have his early movies on VHS.

Chuck and Tito were in that movie too. Chuck said Jet Li was cool but nothing to write home about. Chuck said he was more impressed with Chriss Angel who happened to be on set for a lot of the filming as he was friends with the director. Tito who was also much more impressed with Chriss Angel liked Jet Li but had him confused with Jackie Chan and it wasn't until the premier of the film that it was explained to him that they are two different people.

Who is Chrisss Angel? Martial Artist?

Damn Tito kicked his ass so bad he had to cheat with a double fisted cage grab and a low blow. <{danayeah}>

Ironically, Randy Couture showed about as much striking prowess as he did in real fights <6>

I thought it was funny when sly stallone talked about how short Jet was in their movie. Hey bro you are only one inch taller. I read they also had to slow down Jets moves in lethal weapon he was so fast.

I don't care what your point was. You're obfuscating. You deleted what I said and then said it yourself as if I didn't know it and didn't say it myself. That's bad faith argumentation. Can you even admit that you did that? Can you admit that you deleted my words to create a cherry-picked point to refute?

It's not either/or, it's not black-and-white; it's both/and, it's grey. Jesus, man, how dense are you? How are you not seeing this?

Seagal didn't have to conscript him by force. The fact remains: Seagal showed up, the pastor tried to help him, he died for it. Had Seagal not shown up, the pastor wouldn't have died. Was it worth it? That's not for us to say. But the fact that it's a complex situation is the point. Again, how dense are you that you're not seeing this?

Yes, really, that's why she dresses him down and leaves betrayed and hurt. Again, how dense are you that you're not seeing this?

I never said it was, and it doesn't have to be. Again, how dense are you that you're not seeing this?

No shit, that's what makes it a complex situation. Again, how dense are you that you're not seeing this?

Yes, there is. You're just so dense that you don't see it.

My post, which I made in response to someone else before you even showed up in here, was to say this:

That is a simple, straightforward, statistically accurate, inarguable point. Your "very first post" was to say this:

In point of fact, you did not agree with me and corroborate that Seagal predominantly plays morally grey characters. You trotted out the silly "God-like characters" bit and then made fun of Seagal the man apart from his characters. Tell me again which one of us is pretending here?

Since when does God have any flaws? Why bring God and superhuman into it? Seagal is always exceedingly mortal and human. That's the whole point. He nearly dies in Above the Law, Hard to Kill, and On Deadly Ground, he's wounded in Marked for Death, Out for Justice, and The Glimmer Man, he's older and physically weaker in Exit Wounds. You're projecting a ton of nonsense that isn't there onto Seagal's films and characters.

What are you seeing that's even remotely God-like about either of those characters? Oh, and by the way, in your own little list, you listed a whopping four characters who you think qualify as God-like. Do you really want to stand by your statement that he plays God-like characters in "about half of his movies"?

Or, you could just admit that you spoke hastily, that you're pedantically quibbling over exceptions to the rule, and that you agree in large part if not entirely with what I've said, and you can stop lying and twisting yourself up in nonsense to avoid admitting error.

Wait what? Steven Seagal has an Uncle in the Italian Mafia?

I thought it was funny when sly stallone talked about how short Jet was in their movie. Hey bro you are only one inch taller. I read they also had to slow down Jets moves in lethal weapon he was so fast.

Also, Sly used 4 ½ inch lifts in his shoes according to shoemaker to the stars Fabrizio.

article-2167128-13DF4C0E000005DC-122_634x873.jpg

In his white, soiled apron, Pasquale Di Fabrizio, 75, lords over a wall stacked with hundreds of shoe boxes hand-lettered in felt-tip pen with marquee names. Jack Nicholson. Nicole Kidman. Barbra Streisand. Annette Bening. Bruce Willis. Cher.

These are wooden foot molds, four decades’ worth in his Fairfax Avenue shop that could expose the glitterati’s hammertoes and corns. But more enticing, Di Fabrizio knows how those shrimpy leading men always look so big on-screen.

“I make people taller,” he reluctantly concedes in his thick Italian accent. “I can’t tell you. That’s a secret. You’ll have to read about it, when I do my book.”

He’s referring to his as-yet-unwritten memoirs, “The Sole Man,” which will chronicle his celebrity showbiz that began when Dean Martin ordered 40 custom-made pairs of a black velvet slip-on with a gold crown emblem. Martin gave some to Frank Sinatra, who became another loyal customer.

It takes time. But after a while, Di Fabrizio is chatting about Sylvester Stallone — specifically how the droopy-eyed lug allegedly stiffed him for $2,900 for a pair of navy blue dress shoes — when he finally spills.

“I made him 41/2 inches taller for 16 years!” Di Fabrizio blurts out.Stallone was unavailable for comment, but a rep acidly added that Di Fabrizio was a shoemaker “not for long.”

Also, Sly used 4 ½ inch lifts in his shoes according to shoemaker to the stars Fabrizio.

article-2167128-13DF4C0E000005DC-122_634x873.jpg

In his white, soiled apron, Pasquale Di Fabrizio, 75, lords over a wall stacked with hundreds of shoe boxes hand-lettered in felt-tip pen with marquee names. Jack Nicholson. Nicole Kidman. Barbra Streisand. Annette Bening. Bruce Willis. Cher.

These are wooden foot molds, four decades’ worth in his Fairfax Avenue shop that could expose the glitterati’s hammertoes and corns. But more enticing, Di Fabrizio knows how those shrimpy leading men always look so big on-screen.

“I make people taller,” he reluctantly concedes in his thick Italian accent. “I can’t tell you. That’s a secret. You’ll have to read about it, when I do my book.”

He’s referring to his as-yet-unwritten memoirs, “The Sole Man,” which will chronicle his celebrity showbiz that began when Dean Martin ordered 40 custom-made pairs of a black velvet slip-on with a gold crown emblem. Martin gave some to Frank Sinatra, who became another loyal customer.

It takes time. But after a while, Di Fabrizio is chatting about Sylvester Stallone — specifically how the droopy-eyed lug allegedly stiffed him for $2,900 for a pair of navy blue dress shoes — when he finally spills.

“I made him 41/2 inches taller for 16 years!” Di Fabrizio blurts out.Stallone was unavailable for comment, but a rep acidly added that Di Fabrizio was a shoemaker “not for long.”
Hes also a draft dodger who has made millions playing a vietnam vet.
He also plays a boxer who Dolph put in the hospital when he hit him for real.
Poor guy is just fake on everything.

2003 wasn't the "infancy" of the UFC. It was 10 years old then. Sadly, UFC stars weren't invited to make movies in 1993-94. The closest thing to that was Tank Abbott on a Friends episode in 1997.

Oleg Taktarov had a pretty decent acting career too

Reactions: mkt
Why would I admit what didn't happen?
I deleted stuff

Yeah, you're demented, dude. You're like Rick James.

Anyway, I'm done with this.

Wait what? Steven Seagal has an Uncle in the Italian Mafia?

No, his character in Above the Law did. Don't confuse his movies with reality. That's what Seagal did and it led him to crazy town. But he did have some real-life dealings with the mob courtesy of his former producing partner.

Second, how dare you say "no real feminine sex symbol" with Jill Hennessy in the cast. She's a classic '90s TV babe (from Law & Order as the ADA before Carey Lowell, then she got her own show Crossing Jordan in the 2000s) and I'm still bummed out about her fate in that film (and her fate in Law & Order for that matter).

black1jordanbd01clip.jpg

She's also a celebrity twin, and her and her sister Jacqueline were in David Cronenberg's Dead Ringers together.

xvihewuwcv361.png

And that's today's movie fun facts.

Yeah I always thought she was a babe.

Apparently she was close to being Agent Scully. But they thought she was too good looking.

Yeah I always thought she was a babe.

Apparently she was close to being Agent Scully. But they thought she was too good looking.

I'm literally rewatching The X-Files at the moment. If I ever knew that, I'd forgotten it. As it always happens with great shows that click like that, I can't imagine anyone other than Gillian Anderson in that role, but Hennessy would've made a different but still interesting (and hotter) version of Scully. She ended up as the ADA in Law & Order the same year as The X-Files premiere, though, and I loved her in Law & Order, so I'd say things worked out for the best.

Great to hear. I knew he had skillz, but it's cool to see a UFC guy touting his skillz.

Back