Interesting UFC Jet Li Story from back in the day...

Starting your holiday drinking early, eh?
Yeah you got me.lol..hey all love for all..just being happy..hope you all are healthy and have a good Christmas..wish nothing but the best..just saying, whoever fighter you root for..or whatever you think in politics..just want to say..I hope your all healthy and alive and live many more years..take care guys..I wish you all the best from the deepest part of my heart because outside all of this..I do care about you all... take care....burp.

Last edited:
Chuck and Tito were in that movie too. Chuck said Jet Li was cool but nothing to write home about.
Wushu is about longevity and health as well as some martial skills.
Honestly, who you bet on today Jet Li vs Chuck Liddel free fight?
A stiff slap would KO Chuck. Hell, a gust of wind would probably rock him.

Jet Li lived the dream and is still healthy, not slurring speech and bemused half the time.

I used to love kung fu and martial arts movies until I discovered my first UFC VHS tape.

With what is happening in modern MMA. I like to share forgotten stories and one of them involves a story with Karo Parisyan talking to Randy Couture. In the interview, Karo mentioned that they did a movie with Jet Li, I believe Cradle 2 the Grave. Karo was an extra but Randy was in a scene with Jet Li.

They started talking about Jet Li and at first, it was about Jet Li's skills and Randy was telling him how he had freakishly fast kicks and arm movements. They mentioned he was Jet Li was super nice guy, no attitude, very affable and he had crazy fast speed.

This was pre-TUF when UFC was still in its infancy and even though they were not sold on Kung Fu/Wushu effectiveness, they were deeply impressed by Jet Lis speed and quickness he displayed and that when they were talking about martial arts and exchanging techniques and ideas, Randy mentioned that there was something special about Jet Li and that if nothing else, he was in an excellent shape and does deserve the respect he gets even if he was not combat sports fighter.

*Sigh* thanks for wasting my time with this stupid pointless shit

With what is happening in modern MMA. I like to share forgotten stories and one of them involves a story with Karo Parisyan talking to Randy Couture. In the interview, Karo mentioned that they did a movie with Jet Li, I believe Cradle 2 the Grave. Karo was an extra but Randy was in a scene with Jet Li.

They started talking about Jet Li and at first, it was about Jet Li's skills and Randy was telling him how he had freakishly fast kicks and arm movements. They mentioned he was Jet Li was super nice guy, no attitude, very affable and he had crazy fast speed.

This was pre-TUF when UFC was still in its infancy and even though they were not sold on Kung Fu/Wushu effectiveness, they were deeply impressed by Jet Lis speed and quickness he displayed and that when they were talking about martial arts and exchanging techniques and ideas, Randy mentioned that there was something special about Jet Li and that if nothing else, he was in an excellent shape and does deserve the respect he gets even if he was not combat sports fighter.
In b4 Bruce Lee.

Chuck and Tito were in that movie too. Chuck said Jet Li was cool but nothing to write home about. Chuck said he was more impressed with Chriss Angel who happened to be on set for a lot of the filming as he was friends with the director. Tito who was also much more impressed with Chriss Angel liked Jet Li but had him confused with Jackie Chan and it wasn't until the premier of the film that it was explained to him that they are two different people.
Jackie Chan and Jet Li are different people????

Now for the real UFC flick...Virtuosity

virtuosity-throw.gif

Such an amazing movie. One of my childhood favorites. They have a weird mixture there of the UFC and a WWF-style Royal Rumble. Fun fact: Ken Shamrock is one of the fighters in the cage who Russell Crowe freaks out when he jumps in running away from Denzel.

2003 wasn't the "infancy" of the UFC. It was 10 years old then. Sadly, UFC stars weren't invited to make movies in 1993-94. The closest thing to that was Tank Abbott on a Friends episode in 1997.

The HBO series Oz was famous for featuring a ton of MMA fighters as prisoners or guards, including Emmanuel Yarbrough, Randy Couture, Matt Lindland, Phil Baroni, Frank Shamrock, Igor Zinoviev, and even Jeff Blatnick. But the hidden gem from this era is the 1998 movie Champions, with Ken Shamrock as the villain and Danny Trejo as a proto-Dana White. It's a post-apocalyptic MMA movie: What happens if the UFC gets banned? Obviously, it goes underground, hooks into criminal subcultures, and becomes fights to the death under the banner of Terminal Combat.

Was sad to see age and health catching up with Li… haven’t seen anything recent on him, but this photo was taken several years ago. I read a couple articles Li has hyperthyroidism… hope he is doing well.

IMG_6333.jpeg

With DMX and Aaliyah in it, along with Jet Li... of course I watched the first night it released in the theater.

Tito's Head looked YUGE on the Big Screen!

Edit- my mistake... Fine Ass Aaliyah was not in this one.

Last edited:
They make Tito look like he's an average Sherdogger in that movie. 6'6 with 2% body fat. Imagine if he had speaking lines it would've been the movie of that decade!
And he got the W against Chuck in that movie, which was impossible until after Chuck was washed. Movies...

With DMX and Aaliyah in it, along with Jet Li... of course I watched the first night it released in the theater.

Tito's Head looked YUGE on the Big Screen!
Yes, DMX, but no Aaliyah. That was Romeo Must Die, which only had DMX as a cameo role in a movie about racial mafias trying to get one over on the NFL.

Cradle 2 The Grave was Jet Li and DMX in a starring role, this time, trying to recover small jewels that can be powered up to exponentially stronger than nuclear bombs. Mark Dacascos plays the villain, as decided by a vote on Jet Li's website about who his fans would most like to see him fight against on screen next. Gabrielle Union plays the feminine sex symbol in this one.

Not to be confused with Exit Wounds starring DMX and Steven Segal, about a supposed thug and a squeaky clean cop trying to take down a dirty cop drug smuggling ring. No real feminine sex symbol in this one (Except for 2 short scenes with Eva Mendes where her voice was dubbed because the director said she didn't have a voice for movies). However, Exit Wounds also had Tom Arnold and Anthony Anderson, who got along so well behind the scenes and in their short on-screen time that Cradle 2 the Grave chose to all but pair them up on screen for some hilarity, especially during the closing credits.

You're welcome.

Back