Best WW of all time to never win a UFC title?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who's the best UFC wlterweight of all time who never won the belt? Interim counts as well
So No Gsp, Hughes, Condit, Colby, etc.

Fitch or Thompson

Fitch comes to mind. As does Alves. GSP beat a lot of guys who could have easily been champ.

If you say Erick Silva imma
<codychoke>

Maia in his prime. Rory would also be a valid one

253C611F00000578-2934942-image-a-24_1422772069847.jpg

Prime alves before the gsp fight. Man that guy looked unbeatable at one point

Fitch comes to mind. As does Alves. GSP beat a lot of guys who could have easily been champ.

If you say Erick Silva imma
<codychoke>

Erik Silva is still to new in the sport to be considered one of the best. He's just a pup and still a top prospect.

• Nick Diaz
  • Jon Fitch
  • Frank Trigg
  • Thiago Alves
  • Jake Shields
  • Dan Hardy
  • Josh Koscheck
  • Rory MacDonald
  • Stephen Thompson
  • Jake Ellenberger
  • Martin Kampmann
  • Demian Maia

Only 11 guys in entire welterweight history won the UFC belt. That's the most prestigious belt ever.
  • Pat Miletich
  • Carlos Newton
  • Matt Hughes
  • BJ Penn
  • Georges St-Pierre
  • Matt Serra
  • Carlos Condit
  • Johny Hendricks
  • Robbie Lawler
  • Tyron Woodley
  • Colby Covington

Last edited:
This is a really tough question. I think it's a toss up between Wonderboy and Rory. Take a look at the scalps on their resumes:

- Rory beat Nate, Woodley, BJ, Ellenberger and Maia.
- Wonderboy beat Rory, Hendricks, Ellenberger, Masvidal, and Whittaker. There is certainly an argument he beat Woodley at least once.

But I understand people choosing Fitch or Shields.

Rory and Wonderboy I think. I'm big on Usman, but not sure he gets past Tyron. Really hard to predict that fight, but I fear it will pretty much be a stalemate where Kamaru tries to engage in the striking, but Tyron just keeps his guard up. Anyway, if Kamaru doesn't get the strap at some point, he deserves a mention. Nick Diaz perhaps? Maia surely deserves to be mentioned, but I really also believe that his last three fights against guys with great TDD showed how much of a one-trick-pony he really is. I love Maia, but I think the rest of the guys mentioned edges him. MMA rules really aren't in your favour if literally the only way you can finish a fight is via submission. Fitch and Shields are up there as well I guess.

Conor McGregor.

But he will get there.

Martin Kampmann is one of the most skilled WWs to compete in the UFC. His problem is that he liked to play to his opponents’ strengths.

If not for his controversial losses to Shields and Diego, he’d have been fighting for the title.

• Nick Diaz
  • Jon Fitch
  • Frank Trigg
  • Thiago Alves
  • Jake Shields
  • Dan Hardy
  • Josh Koscheck
  • Rory MacDonald
  • Stephen Thompson
  • Jake Ellenberger
  • Martin Kampmann
  • Demian Maia
Only 11 guys in entire welterweight history won the UFC belt. That's the most prestigious belt ever.
  • Pat Miletich
  • Carlos Newton
  • Matt Hughes
  • BJ Penn
  • Georges St-Pierre
  • Matt Serra
  • Carlos Condit
  • Johny Hendricks
  • Robbie Lawler
  • Tyron Woodley
  • Colby Covington

Man I wanna pick Rory or Wonderboy... But theres also Fitch and Maia.
I wanted Maia to win a belt soooo bad :-(

Martin Kampmann is one of the most skilled WWs to compete in the UFC. His problem is that he liked to play to his opponents’ strengths.

If not for his controversial losses to Shields and Diego, he’d have been fighting for the title.
Great pick

Maia, fitch, shields, Rory, and wonderboy.

Pick any of them and you wouldn't be wrong.

Back