Best WW of all time to never win a UFC title?

There was a period where Thiago Alves looked unstoppable.

I was worried for GSP leading up to their bout.

What about Askren?
tenor.gif

Fitch is the first that comes to mind. Who knows what would have happened with Maia if he would have dropped down earlier.

Who's the best UFC wlterweight of all time who never won the belt? Interim counts as well
So No Gsp, Hughes, Condit, Colby, etc.

This dude basically beat Da Croatian Sedation @ WEF 8: Goin' Platinum, when he was still UFC WW Champ (Pat then went back to the UFC).
He also beat Hughes @ Shidokan Jitsu: Warriors War 1, 9 months b4 Hughes became UFC Champ.

Bad luck.

pele.jpg
pele hughes_pele.JPG pelehu.jpg

Wonderboy or Carlos Condit.

That would have been a hell of a fight, if Condit was still on his game.

Shield would have held the belt for a while if GSP wasn't around.
Shields barely got by Kampmann, Woodley, and Maia and he got KTFO against Ellenberger. I think Rory, Hendricks, and Wonderboy would have beaten him as well.

Anyone not choosing Fitch is wrong.

This is a really tough question. I think it's a toss up between Wonderboy and Rory. Take a look at the scalps on their resumes:

- Rory beat Nate, Woodley, BJ, Ellenberger and Maia.

I wouldn't have used the BJ fight to make the argument, since Penn had already gone to seed when they fought. Beating Mike Pyle when he was on a tear and Saffiedine strike me as more creditable achievements. And arguably his second loss to Lawler elevated his standing more than any of his wins.

Kos or Fitch. They were killers in their prime. Fitch was boring, but he’d just dismantle dudes.

Are you guys ready to lose your minds by hearing the correct answer? wait for it......its coming..............

Rumble

Fitch is the first that comes to mind. Who knows what would have happened with Maia if he would have dropped down earlier.

I think Maia has better wins than Fitch, including a dominant win over fitch.

I am gonna go ahead and say Fitch.

Easily Rory imo. Especially with the ped accusations surrounding Lawler in their title fights.

Back