350k to Julia Budd in Bellator?!?!?!

news flash wwe is bigger than mma.
Yes $900M is 50% larger than $600M. But both are moving towards fixed contracts for a higher % of revenue. The ESPN deal is an example. In the UK there are not PPVs as they have had a TV contract for a long time. Brazil is the same I believe.

They are similar business models.

There are 800 fighters on the UFC roster. Almost 4 times as many WWE’s. Not really a good comparison.
There aren't 800 fighters in the UFC. According to UFC.ca there are 693 athletes. While I haven't audited that number I can see they have Eddie Alvarez, Thiago Alves, Dennis Bermudez and David Branch listed yet none of those are on the roster.

If you look at a % of revenue WWE pays its roster compared to the UFC you will note a huge disparity.
Also note that there are a ton of WWE wresters that are employed behind the scenes.

Think of it as a severance payment to compensate for the money she didn't make in her previous fights

Yes $900M is 50% larger than $600M. But both are moving towards fixed contracts for a higher % of revenue. The ESPN deal is an example. In the UK there are not PPVs as they have had a TV contract for a long time. Brazil is the same I believe.

They are similar business models.

wwe tv deals are worth way more than the espn deal you know that right.

It's WMMA so I usually wouldn't care but it involved Cyborg so I watched. Cyborg is still a damn beast and fun to watch and deserves to get paid but Julia Budd making more than her?I dunno, I guess she's been doing this in Bellator for a while but no one was paying to watch her fight last Saturday... or ever, really.

Whatever, if Cyborg's happy with the payout then I suppose it's none of my concern.

WWE makes money on those guys a couple of times a week if not more. The pay they average per appearance won't be that much.
So the UFC makes more money per appearance and the WWE makes less per appearance. Therefore wrestlers & fighters pay should equate.

The UFC had 39 events in 2018
The WWE does an average 200 house shows per year and 23 Events.

Basically Wrestlers work more but their appearance is not as valuable per appearance.

Last edited:
How many fighters does WWE vs UFC have on the roster by comparison?
WWE has 207 "Superstars" across their 3 brands and several more employees in their training, booking etc.

UFC.ca shows 693 contracted "Athletes" but a short review of those under A & B alphabetically showed at least 5 that I know are not with the UFC. Eddie Alvarez, David Branch and a few more. Those are the names I knew that I was also aware are not UFC fighters. I am sure there are many more. My guess would be 600. Regardless of the number the % of revenue should be similar but it isn't.

wwe tv deals are worth way more than the espn deal you know that right.
WWE revenue was $900 Mil in 2018. UFC revenue was $600 Mil. ESPN deal is not the only TV deal the UFC has, you know that right?

WWE revenue was $900 Mil in 2018. UFC revenue was $600 Mil. ESPN deal is not the only TV deal the UFC has, you know that right?

you know the wwe hgas 2 huge tv deals right. ronda is more famous cause of her wwe time than ufc time. also i bet ronda made more money in the short time in the wwe than in her ufc career.

35K makes a hell of a lot more sense than 350K.

That is insane amount for Budd, good for her. But damn how many seats and eyes does Julie Budd account for? My guess, not many at all. She is champ because Bellator's womens division over the years has been next to nothing in competition. An over the hill Conen might have been her toughest competitor based on credentials.

Coker getting drunk on that DAZN money.
Ronda has been retired for years now man wtf r u talking about ? WMMA has continued and exploded without her lol
Nobody watches fights specifically for wmma. The only time that ever happened was when ronda was around. WMMA ONLY "exploded" because of her. Everything else is just a trickle effect for the promoting she was able to generate. Real question is wtf are you talking about?

Nobody watches fights specifically for wmma. The only time that ever happened was when ronda was around. WMMA ONLY "exploded" because of her. Everything else is just a trickle effect for the promoting she was able to generate. Real question is wtf are you talking about?

Bruh. .fightings fighting

Man or woman there aint nothing like a good scrap..

Tons of reasons to watch WMMA outside of Ronda bud..yeah she might be its forest griffin or stephan bonnar..but theres lots of great female MMA fighters worth watching lol

You dont seem like much of combat sports fan..

Just to name a few

Joanna J
Germaine the iron lady
Amanda Nunes
Cyborg
Thug rose
ZHANG
Jessica Andrade
Macfarlane

ETC

stop hating for no reason

you know the wwe hgas 2 huge tv deals right. ronda is more famous cause of her wwe time than ufc time. also i bet ronda made more money in the short time in the wwe than in her ufc career.
Not sure what your point is???
WWE revenue in 2018 $900M
UFC revenue in 2018 $600M

The WWE moved to fixed contracts as a higher % of their total revenue. Meaning they moved away from PPV as their main revenue. The UFC has started down the same path. I read that they are projecting to go from approx 40% of revenue being fixed contracts to 70%.

Julia Budd, in Bellator making $350k as champion isn't crazy like some think because there is a lot of money in TV and specifically live sports. The UFC makes huge revenue and pays fighters as little as possible.

Good for her, watch what she'll make now that she aint the champ and wont be fighting Cyborg.

reported payouts are never accurate

Sherdoggers will never learn

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/B...36250K-Julia-Budd-36350000-Top-Payroll-169347

How? Why? What? I had to read that multiple times. $350k for a no name fighter...whos a woman.....in bellator. How does that work and why are they wasting their money on her instead of swooping some better talent?

I was just gonna start a thread about this, I found it so damn ridiculous. Bellator must be the new 90s era wcw lol. Just giving money away to whoever. She has 16 total fights, probably never drew more then 100k ppv buys in her life, fights in Bellator, and gets paid more then some established ufc fighters who have had over 30 fights in some cases.

Why is this surprising? Names fight in Bellator for a reason.

No champion in their right mind would fight Cyborg without getting paid.

Last edited:
Tyrell Fortune should Get at least 1 mill per fight if Dud gets $350k

THATS a bargin compared to Duds 350k

Pretty sure her purse went up $50k when she won the belt and everytime she defended it. Now that she not champ, she prolly gonna go back down to base salary.

Bruh. .fightings fighting

Man or woman there aint nothing like a good scrap..

Tons of reasons to watch WMMA outside of Ronda bud..yeah she might be its forest griffin or stephan bonnar..but theres lots of great female MMA fighters worth watching lol

You dont seem like much of combat sports fan..

Just to name a few

Joanna J
Germaine the iron lady
Amanda Nunes
Cyborg
Thug rose
ZHANG
Jessica Andrade
Macfarlane

ETC

stop hating for no reason
"Man or woman there aint nothing like a good scrap"- ok?
"Tons of reasons to watch WMMA outside of Ronda bud" - once again ok? Never said there wasn't
"but theres lots of great female MMA fighters worth watching" - LIKE I SAID, I NEVER SAID THERE WASN't
"You dont seem like much of combat sports fan.." Paolo Delutis- Join date Oct 23, 2017 timoteo Join date Sep 25, 2014
"Just to name a few"- and once again....ok? Thanks for naming fighters off for me. Not like Ive been watching since way back when Strikeforce was around and Gina Carano was fighting Cyborg
"stop hating for no reason" - ANNND back to my original reply to you, "Real question is wtf are you talking about?" plus my new quote for you "You are a fucking idiot"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back