350k to Julia Budd in Bellator?!?!?!

Julia Budd just went 4 rounds with Cyborg. I think you're underplaying her a bit. She's not a can.
Felicia Spencer went 5 and I'm pretty sure she is not even making a quarter of Budd's paycheck

it was eye catching for sure

I think its just Coker giving a champ due respect ((on paper)) Im sure at the end of the day Cyborg walked away with more money than Budd

sure cris made more money she never lost any sponsorship like she later tried to lie saying she did.

Yes, God forbid a champ who went undefeated for the better part of decade actually get paid.

She probably earned additional pay bumps for each consecutive title defense, and I think she had 5 in a row.

I was actually happen that they were able to finesse Cyborg like that. Budd clearly doesn't have the history that Cyborg has however she has remained loyal to the company and that's probably what got her the money.

Lmao when did we start bitching about fighters getting paid too much? I say fuck it, they should make as much money as they can. Fighters as a whole are ridiculously underpaid compared to most modern sports leagues

thread confirms UFC is dying bros.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/B...36250K-Julia-Budd-36350000-Top-Payroll-169347

How? Why? What? I had to read that multiple times. $350k for a no name fighter...whos a woman.....in bellator. How does that work and why are they wasting their money on her instead of swooping some better talent?
This is a secret that Dana and WME do not want the fighters to understand:
PPV buys is not the only source of revenue and not what fighter pay should be based on. This is a myth so many spout here on this forum. Fighter X doesn't sell PPVs so why pay them anything? They aren't worth shit.

Ask yourself how much WWE wrestlers are paid.
WWE had 930 Million in revenue in 2018
UFC had 600 Million in revenue in 2018

Nobodies on the WWE roster make $300k. Fighter pay in MMA is getting better but it is still lagging behind other Sports and Sports Entertainment.

coker over paying fighters the same way he put strikeforce out of business

Budd negotiated better pay because Bellator kept sidelining her, only fighting her once a year. Good for her. Get paid.

sure cris made more money she never lost any sponsorship like she later tried to lie saying she did.
Im not sure what youre talking about or where youre trying to steer what I said but I was talking about Bellator itself...not sponsorships....

Nobodies on the WWE roster make $300k. Fighter pay in MMA is getting better but it is still lagging behind other Sports and Sports Entertainment.

There are 800 fighters on the UFC roster. Almost 4 times as many WWE’s. Not really a good comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back