350k to Julia Budd in Bellator?!?!?!

"Man or woman there aint nothing like a good scrap"- ok?
"Tons of reasons to watch WMMA outside of Ronda bud" - once again ok? Never said there wasn't
"but theres lots of great female MMA fighters worth watching" - LIKE I SAID, I NEVER SAID THERE WASN't
"You dont seem like much of combat sports fan.." Paolo Delutis- Join date Oct 23, 2017 timoteo Join date Sep 25, 2014
"Just to name a few"- and once again....ok? Thanks for naming fighters off for me. Not like Ive been watching since way back when Strikeforce was around and Gina Carano was fighting Cyborg
"stop hating for no reason" - ANNND back to my original reply to you, "Real question is wtf are you talking about?" plus my new quote for you "You are a fucking idiot"

First
Lol at join date...im a black belt on this my second account as i lost my login for my first..your still a purple with an older join date..hmm i wonder whos more into fighting and sherdog

Secondly
Look at your last post dipshit
You said nobody watches fights for WMMA...thats completely incorrect

Nobody watches fights specifically for wmma. The only time that ever happened was when ronda was around. WMMA ONLY "exploded" because of her. Everything else is just a trickle effect for the promoting she was able to generate. Real question is wtf are you talking about?

Thirdly
In that same post you said Ronda was the only reason people watch or watched WMMA which isnt correct either as i listed several fighters people watch WMMA for...

Lastly

Your the fucking idiot who is trying to back pedal now that ive shown contrary facts to your points

My qoute for you

tenor.gif

How many fighters does WWE vs UFC have on the roster by comparison?

Zero...WME has zero FIGHTERS on their roster. They have a ton of performers though; looks to be about 200 give or take.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-roster

"The list of wwe wrestlers compiles at a total of 207 superstars across five different brands, i.e,, WWE Raw, WWE SmackDown Live, WWE NXT, WWE NXT UK, WWE 205 Live, and three unassigned wrestlers (John Cena, Kane, The Undertaker)."

Something people don't seem to grasp about MMA fighters is that they only show up once, twice, or maybe 3 times a year. WWE holds shows every couple of days and these performers are on the road for large parts of the year doing shows.
https://www.ticketmaster.com/wwe-tickets/artist/807358

I'm not addressing all of this at you, but I hate when people compare MMA to something like wrestling or team sports. Team sports will have players doing upwards of 160 games a year... of course you're going to get paid a lot more when you're showing up for work so much more often...and there's the potential profit 160 times are year versus the UFC doing what...20 shows a year?

Zero...WME has zero FIGHTERS on their roster. They have a ton of performers though; looks to be about 200 give or take.
Something people don't seem to grasp about MMA fighters is that they only show up once, twice, or maybe 3 times a year. WWE holds shows every couple of days and these performers are on the road for large parts of the year doing shows.
https://www.ticketmaster.com/wwe-tickets/artist/807358

I'm not addressing all of this at you, but I hate when people compare MMA to something like wrestling or team sports. Team sports will have players doing upwards of 160 games a year... of course you're going to get paid a lot more when you're showing up for work so much more often...and there's the potential profit 160 times are year versus the UFC doing what...20 shows a year?

Fighters/performers whatever, my point still stands since the WWE's revenue isn't 8-10x UFC but if you read the previous posts by dipstickjimmy but only ~1.5x despite putting on so many more events.

The WME shills/unpaid interns on Sherdog are so funny.

Bellator pays a 0-0 fighter $1,500 to show, $1,500 to win. "OMG, Bellator is so goddamn cheap! It's shameful how they don't pay their fighters anything!"

Bellator pays an established champion $350k, more than most UFC champions. "OMG, Bellator is so stupid and wateful with their money! They're spending like drunken sailors! They'll be out of business soon."

Sad and pathetic, especially since thanks to their market dominance after the downfall of Strikeforce, UFC felt confident enough to pump out increasingly shitty cards, which has led to the situation nowadays, with major PPVs featuring garbage like Kelleher vs. Osbourne and Oleynik vs. Greene on the main card.

At this point, a good Bellator card is more exciting and at least equal in quality to a generic UFC Fight Night card.

Back