35-40% unsold seats for UFC 202 = Conor McGregor no longer a draw?

zcaGZSm.gif

I keep watching this. I can't look away.

is it coming out or going in?????

i don't dispute that you found tickets i was questioning your statement that these events never sell out.

i edited my last post...i have never seen an event where i went on ticketmaster and there wasn't a single ticket available.

that of course doesnt mean they didnt hand out or sell the remaining tickets...but i usually wait until 2 weeks until teh fight and there are always tickets available.

i just bought tickets to 202 yesterday

well, considering how many fights we have lost within a day or two of the most recent cards, its surprising they can even get 70% of the gate to commit prior to the day of the fight.

As a Conor fan do you know how much it sucks when the opponent falls out last minute after you've got all the travel and accommodation arranged? This is the biggest factor for poor ticket sales. As the fight gets closer I expect sales to explode.

Is that why UFC 194 sold within 600 tickets of capacity?

The PPV #s are the real test.

They will comp out the tickets so the arena will appear sold out. This is what they did for 196. After RDA pulled out a ton of tickets were returned. I know I returned mine and ended up picking up a cheaper seat the week before the fight.

I decided to quote someone on a discussion forum? Does that really seen that strange to you? lol
Do you know why we have these discussion forums?
& of course he didn't try to sell it. He already said, he'd been spending too much time promoting, now it's the ufc's job to promote & his job to train & fight.

>His job is to train and fight

A) As the headliner it's his JOB to sell the fight

B) Even if he's doing two a days, training shouldnt take up more than 3-6 hours max of his day.

C) He DOESN'T need to cut weight for the fight

Connie just doesn't want to look N8 in the face, answer questions about getting HUMILIATED, or put pressure on himself.

You have to say he's definitely timid now if not #BROKEN.

That's what I'm saying though, he only really has a handful of fans on Sherdog left. They're just extreme hardcore nuthuggers and dominate the front page all the time. Bunch of fucking human tumors on these forums. That's why I love giving them shit so much. I don't like Conor, but I'm far from a "hater". I'm a Conor fanboy "hater". Big difference.

Anyways, back on topic, I agree with you, his 15 minutes of fame is just about over. When he loses to Nate he's got one more meal ticket and that's at 145 where he's gonna dread that cut. This will also be his first title fight at 145 where he can't use the IV either.

I agree with most of that, but technically the IV ban was in effect prior to UFC 194. UFC 189 was the last event IV's were permitted if I remember right.

Conor holds almost every record in the game, now he's going for most unsold seats. all just part of his master plan

I agree with most of that, but technically the IV ban was in effect prior to UFC 194. UFC 189 was the last event IV's were permitted if I remember right.
Yeah come to think of it, you're correct. But we didn't get to see Conor's bottomless pit of shit cardio because Aldo decided to bum rush him and fall over and take a nap only 13 seconds in.

Conor holds almost every record in the game, now he's going for most unsold seats. all just part of his master plan
I honestly don't think Conor holds a single record other than gate revenue. This reminds me of Chael claiming to be undefeated right after a loss, lol.

First champion to lose two straight fights and still have the belt lol

This dude looks Hispanic. This whole gif is confusing but epic.
I'm from Houston and most of my homeboys are Chicanos. You'd be very surprised how much they root against their race. I hosted a house party for Lesnar vs. Velasquez, I was the only non-Hispanic in my home (I'm Native American) and I was the only one rooting for Cain. Won a lot of cash that night too.

This is Mexican Americans I'm speaking of. In Mexico it's totally different. The Mexican fighters have cult like followings.

I honestly don't think Conor holds a single record other than gate revenue. This reminds me of Chael claiming to be undefeated right after a loss, lol.

He doesn't even have that lol. UFC 129 has the live gate record with $12.075 mil

>His job is to train and fight

A) As the headliner it's his JOB to sell the fight

B) Even if he's doing two a days, training shouldnt take up more than 3-6 hours max of his day.

C) He DOESN'T need to cut weight for the fight

Connie just doesn't want to look N8 in the face, answer questions about getting HUMILIATED, or put pressure on himself.

You have to say he's definitely timid now if not #BROKEN.
Lol or maybe he's smarter than sherdogs resident arm chair psychologist? Getting those wwe wrestlers to retweet his shit did more to promote the fight than nate or the ufc has done combined since the fight was booked.

Maybe people are getting hip to the fact that sometimes these cards fall apart at the last minute, so they're waiting till the week of to buy tickets. Just a possibility. Pretty surprising if true though.
this

if i wasn't poor and living in my parents basement i would not buy my ticket until after the weigh in

Back