35-40% unsold seats for UFC 202 = Conor McGregor no longer a draw?

Apart from the main card, Johnson-Teixiera fight, and Covington-Griffin fight (Griffin went to my highschool)...the card is pretty meh.

Cheapest ticket is $236.60.

That's absurd.

New owners are dummies.

At $1200 for floor seats it's priced like a UFC 200 type card, but between moving Condit/Maia and the injuries it's definitely not that level of card anymore.

LOL you mad

I like Aldo too and I didn't like seeing him go out like that, but goddamn. You're so butthurt it's like you've just come back from a week in West Hollywood

Awww thats cute.... Came to defend your fangirl crush?

Now in regard to the thread topic or even my actual post, do you have anything to contribute?

What say you on Connie nowhere close to selling out an arena less than two weeks till the fight? What say you about his new timid demeanor?

Connie #BROKEN confirmed???

4060.jpg

Maybe people are getting hip to the fact that sometimes these cards fall apart at the last minute, so they're waiting till the week of to buy tickets. Just a possibility. Pretty surprising if true though.

Just took a look on Ticketmaster and it appears 35-40% seats are still unsold with only 12 days left till the event.

Has McGregor lost his aura? Is it safe to conclude he is no longer a draw? Or have the fans finally had enough with the USADA Fighting Championship?

Everyone said UFC 200 did disappointing numbers... I'm calling it now, UFC 202 will do MUCH LESS gate and PPV numbers than UFC 200.

I think the UFC is heading back into the dark ages folks.

it was the same way for ufc194.....the events never actually sell out. lots of comps are given away.

i bought tickets to 194 several days before the event and there were still plenty available.

the "sell outs" and ticket numbers in general are usually just hype.

One of Dillashaws fights sold 4500 tickets and comp'd 5500, they just give the left over tickets away so the event looks good on tv and creates the illusion of popularity

He's less of a draw than before he lost obviously

That being said, he's still the biggest draw in all of MMA

Cheapest ticket is $236.60.

That's absurd.

New owners are dummies.

The new owners aren't running shit yet. All of that red tape won't be final until the beginning of next year.

Big changes may be coming to the UFC, my friend. I think we need to prepare.
Hey I'm cool with it myself. Ditch TUF, ditch Face the Pain, bring on some better production. Get rid of the Conor fan "bro's". Start building up real stars like Wonderboy.

This is fairly obvious. I haven't seen anyone talk about Conor outside of Sherdog since March.
UFC 200 fiasco? Retirement tweet? Mayweather boxing match? Recent smack talk towards WWE actors?

{<huh}

Conor has dominated sports headlines outside of Sherdog multiple times since March.

Interesting....

Honestly, i havent seen the ufc going all out promoting this fight.

The fight with aldo for example had that cool tv comercial and a world tour. The fight with nate had extremely hyped press conferences where conor was full of confidence.

For this one conor basically went into hiding... and there wasnt enough content generated to get us talking.

Hey I'm cool with it myself. Ditch TUF, ditch Face the Pain, bring on some better production. Get rid of the Conor fan "bro's". Start building up real starts like Wonderboy.
Would be nice if UFC sticks to professional fighting and leaves the WWE entertainment to Bellashit or somewhere else lol

Funny... None of the usual Conor delusionalists have dared comment.

Interesting-reaction-gif.gif

Back