35-40% unsold seats for UFC 202 = Conor McGregor no longer a draw?

Lol when conor is talking trash you hate on him bc he never shuts up. When he decides to focus on his training you hate on him for not being in the spot light. I can't believe you let a man you don't even know make you this salty.

I'm speaking in general, forget the claims with no substance like "No one can take da left hand" and hyperbole... the man hasn't even bothered selling the fight trying to convince the MMA fanbase how much the rematch means to him and how confident he is he will win etc... Timid Connie is a DUD in marketability.

As for the rest of your post, you don't know me yet somehow felt the need to quote me... do I sense high levels of sodium in your post?

<33>

Obviously he lost some momentum with that loss. Is normal. If he finds a way to beat Diaz this time around. He'll be right back on track I assume.

If you'll notice, there's a slew of delusional Conor threads on the front page at all times but they're authored by the same 5 or 6 people.

@I see stiffness @Jin Akutsu @McgreGOATsLeft @MayhemMonkey919 @Enigma87 @somervillecr and a few others I'm forgetting

That's my point, though. Back in February the front page was mostly Conor threads about how he was going to run through Nate, or praise for him picking a "challenge". Even the nuthuggers are having trouble fully committing right now, which is especially telling. If he loses at UFC 202, he's done.

Would be nice if UFC sticks to professional fighting and leaves the WWE entertainment to Bellashit or somewhere else lol
That's what I'm saying. I already don't like how they're trying to latch onto boxing, which is another sport I love. But to try and ride the coat tails of wrasslin'? Come on, that's next level BS.

As a Conor fan do you know how much it sucks when the opponent falls out last minute after you've got all the travel and accommodation arranged? This is the biggest factor for poor ticket sales. As the fight gets closer I expect sales to explode.

irish jabroni has no shit talking weapons against nate. therefore he cant promote just like he did against aldo and vs nate the first time.

Well, Conor's aura is gone, even if he does "beat" Nate. Conor hasn't been the same ever since. His trash talk is dead, and whatever is left of it is corny as shit.

That's my point, though. Back in February the front page was mostly Conor threads about how he was going to run through Nate, or praise for him picking a "challenge". Even the nuthuggers are having trouble fully committing right now, which is especially telling. If he loses at UFC 202, he's done.
That's what I'm saying though, he only really has a handful of fans on Sherdog left. They're just extreme hardcore nuthuggers and dominate the front page all the time. Bunch of fucking human tumors on these forums. That's why I love giving them shit so much. I don't like Conor, but I'm far from a "hater". I'm a Conor fanboy "hater". Big difference.

Anyways, back on topic, I agree with you, his 15 minutes of fame is just about over. When he loses to Nate he's got one more meal ticket and that's at 145 where he's gonna dread that cut. This will also be his first title fight at 145 where he can't use the IV either.

it was the same way for ufc194.....the events never actually sell out. lots of comps are given away.

i bought tickets to 194 several days before the event and there were still plenty available.

the "sell outs" and ticket numbers in general are usually just hype.

One of Dillashaws fights sold 4500 tickets and comp'd 5500, they just give the left over tickets away so the event looks good on tv and creates the illusion of popularity
really because they had to bring in more seats for 189

As a Conor fan do you know how much it sucks when the opponent falls out last minute after you've got all the travel and accommodation arranged? This is the biggest factor for poor ticket sales. As the fight gets closer I expect sales to explode.
The tickets are overpriced. Ppl aren't just waiting last minute to spend a thousand dollars on tickets and scramble to book flights and hotel rooms just in case the card falls apart. Which it already has to some extent.

I'm speaking in general, forget the claims with no substance like "No one can take da left hand" and hyperbole... the man hasn't even bothered selling the fight trying to convince the MMA fanbase how much the rematch means to him and how confident he is he will win etc... Timid Connie is a DUD in marketability.

As for the rest of your post, you don't know me yet somehow felt the need to quote me... do I sense high levels of sodium in your post?

<33>
I decided to quote someone on a discussion forum? Does that really seen that strange to you? lol
Do you know why we have these discussion forums?
& of course he didn't try to sell it. He already said, he'd been spending too much time promoting, now it's the ufc's job to promote & his job to train & fight.

Cheapest ticket is $236.60.

That's absurd.

New owners are dummies.
It's not worth it, way too expensive. Unless you have very good seats (which are very expensive), all you end up doing is watching 95% of the action on the big screens

Awww thats cute.... Came to defend your fangirl crush?

Now in regard to the thread topic or even my actual post, do you have anything to contribute?

What say you on Connie nowhere close to selling out an arena less than two weeks till the fight? What say you about his new timid demeanor?

Connie #BROKEN confirmed???

4060.jpg
TL;DR version: you mad

really because they had to bring in more seats for 189

i was on ticketmaster days before the event and got tickets right next to the fighter walkout and there were tons of tickets left.

i check every fight thats in vegas and i have never ever ever looked at the seating chart on ticketmaster and not seen a single ticket available

I was going to fly to Vegas and see it live until I saw the worst seat in the house was going for hundreds

It's not Conor they don't want to see, it's this fight, they don't want to see.

Cheapest ticket is $236.60.

That's absurd.

New owners are dummies.

$350 is what I just saw, $1500+ for floor. Insane. If you wanna do it right, that's about a $5K weekend.

The UFC just like boxing has been dying perpetually.

Derp.

i was on ticketmaster days before the event and got tickets right next to the fighter walkout and there were tons of tickets let.
i don't dispute that you found tickets i was questioning your statement that these events never sell out.

Back