35-40% unsold seats for UFC 202 = Conor McGregor no longer a draw?

Apart from the main card, Johnson-Teixiera fight, and Covington-Griffin fight (Griffin went to my highschool)...the card is pretty meh.
What???

Rick Story vs. Ceronne is great, Magny-Larkin is excellent. Undefeated Garbrandt is a top prospect facing the always exciting Mizugaki.

It'll do ok. For some reason I don't feel like it will break a million buys though. If Conor can some how get a finish he will be right back where he was before he lost.

I honestly don't think Conor holds a single record other than gate revenue. This reminds me of Chael claiming to be undefeated right after a loss, lol.

your whole identity creeps me the fuck out. the only thing that could have been worse is if you had chosen Elmo Blatch

Dana's response.

hqdefault.jpg

Dana doesn't give a shit I don't think. He just got a big payday, and he gets another few years with essentially stock options(the profit share incentives in his new deal) on top of that. The UFC has never been, and will never be the kind of promotion that lives and dies off the back of just one, or even a small select few individual fighters.

LOL at basing any observation on Ticketmaster.
They sell a few tix to people online for hot events. They sell most of the tix to ticket brokers with whom they are in cahoots with.
Try to buy a ticket for $40 or whatever they're selling for; then come back here and tell us your opinion.

He's still a draw it's just that no one wanted to really see this rematch right now

Lol or maybe he's smarter than sherdogs resident arm chair psychologist? Getting those wwe wrestlers to retweet his shit did more to promote the fight than nate or the ufc has done combined since the fight was booked.

Except the WWE fans who were buying his PPV's already saw him lose to that skinny fat, balloon animal making, gang sign throwing, cholo gazelle just a few months ago. Since he's stopped talking so goddamn much, the casuals have lost interest.

Dana's gonna buy out the rest of the tickets like he always did for R3

Lol or maybe he's smarter than sherdogs resident arm chair psychologist? Getting those wwe wrestlers to retweet his shit did more to promote the fight than nate or the ufc has done combined since the fight was booked.

So talking smack to some glorified beefed up ballerinas instead of the actual person he's fighting is gonna sell PPVs?

I keep up with many sports and I didn't even hear about it till I read it on the forum... that corny stuff won't even be remembered in a couple days.

Dude is a bust.

Ai the casuals are still hungry to feast on diaz's tears.

They will come. They want to witness greatness. This is akin to the thrilla in manila.

Back