3 course meals annoy me

I hate soup, not really, but it’s like eating a hot drink, with a spoon. Every bite is a sip and a balancing act.

If you try to bring it to the living room so you can watch TV while you eat on a TV dinner table with those skinny and sketchy legs like a proper bachelor that sounds poor, it’s just too much work to focus on the fights you weren’t gonna pay attention to anyways.

Though you live in rainland so I kinda get it as eating soup goes well with shitty weather, like it matches the dreary mood, and also warms you up if cold, here it gets to be 100f and my mom will make a chicken/beef consommé.

I need 3 entres not a dessert or soup.

Last night had a flank steak with feta cheese couscous and kale salmon on brown rice.

I like a meal at a pub, order a beer and a sandwich, so I can’t fault anybody for preferring that. When it comes to high end dining, three courses is the sweet spot for me.

Long form tasting menus tend to either over or underserve (I’ll give a pass to omakase), and end up giving me too little of the stuff I want to eat. Three course meals give me the big entree I’m looking for plus something I know I’ll like on either side of it.

Instead of extra rings you could get fries bro.

3 course meal: buger, rings, fries

If you like eating like a poor person you could have just said that we didn't need all the histrionics.

also did you know that in high-end posh cuisine they have dessert as the first course? crazy bastards

I hate soup, not really, but it’s like eating a hot drink, with a spoon. Every bite is a sip and a balancing act.

If you try to bring it to the living room so you can watch TV while you eat on a TV dinner table with those skinny and sketchy legs like a proper bachelor that sounds poor, it’s just too much work to focus on the fights you weren’t gonna pay attention to anyways.

Though you live in rainland so I kinda get it as eating soup goes well with shitty weather, like it matches the dreary mood, and also warms you up if cold, here it gets to be 100f and my mom will make a chicken/beef consommé.
yeah soup or pho is a tough one to eat in front of the telly, you have to tip toe all the way from the kitchen to lounge without spilling it, you need a little table to put it on while you get comfy, then you need to maneuver it onto your lap tray pillow contraption, aaaaaaaaaaand then you forgot the remote for the telly so you have to put it all down and start again

fuck

TV_lap_trays-1-75.jpg

I need 3 entres not a dessert or soup.

Last night had a flank steak with feta cheese couscous and kale salmon on brown rice.

I had a pile of peas and sweetcorn with some lemon sole, fridge was a bit bare

also did you know that in high-end posh cuisine they have dessert as the first course? crazy bastards

fuck that noise

I often eat with a a small spoon instead of knives and forks

I don't see the point any more

small spoon and elastic waist

if I go somewhere posh and the waiter says 'what'll you have'
I say burger please, onion rings
anything else?
yep extra onion rings

And I'm starving hungry, can't wait for my big fat burger and the waitress says, you want soup first?

why? why would anyone eat soup before a meal? if I eat a meal it's because I'm hungry, and the meal I eat will be my meal to fill me

do you want soup? no, I ordered a fucking burger dumbass
the problem is you have a burger an onion rings at a posh place. But then again I need your definition of a posh place. For example, Olive Garden is not a posh place.

Maybe you short order real food instead of a plate of cancer.

I'm being an uber snob and I know this. But I'm from Montreal and we take our food seriously.

I always want soup. I LOVE soup.
my problem with traditional soup servings in restaurants is they scrape a spoonfull of soup along the bottom lining of the bowl and that's it. Not enough soup per serving.

When I order vichyssoise, I want enough of it for me to say "This was appetizing and not a tease"

If someone says they don't like onions, I write their name on a list in case the Purge really goes down.

billy-madison-3.jpg
some people don't digest onions that well like my father. But there is such a variety of onions that people aren't aware of.

For example, if someone puts yellow onion in a salad, they don't understand onions. I was once served yellow onion in my salad at a mid tier Italian restaurant and I went total Karen on the waiter. "WTF is this? You turned my delicious salad into a bowl of ass pimples. Go back in the kitchen and use RED onions, throw some kalamata in there too for the salt to interact with the sweetness and acidity of my onion. Use balsamic reduction, and don't waste anymore of my time". Of course I didn't actually say that but I wanted to.

the problem is you have a burger an onion rings at a posh place. But then again I need your definition of a posh place. For example, Olive Garden is not a posh place.

Maybe you short order real food instead of a plate of cancer.

I'm being an uber snob and I know this. But I'm from Montreal and we take our food seriously.
I am joking to a point, I really do despise having to eat multiple servings though. If I order a meal that I like the look of, I want to eat it until I've had enough

Not keep flicking between miniature meals

Posh to me is anywhere outside my house, I live in a pretty shitty town and don't eat out too often.

ooh Montreal, Upstairs was awesome, LOVED that place. Got to see Sarah MK Quartet & I think I did actually have a burger that night!! No starter but posh wine

What part of Montreal do you reside? We stayed on the Plateau, Clark St, 2 minutes from Schwartz's.
Loved the whole place man, except the route to and from the airport, you guys heard of trains?!!
Parc Le Fontaine was sweet, best burrito I ever had was on Rachel. Lot's of chilling round the Plateau though, would live there in a flash

even in an Indian restaurant, when I order multiple dishes, sides, starters etc, I want it all to arrive in one go so I can eat everything at once

some people don't digest onions that well like my father. But there is such a variety of onions that people aren't aware of.

For example, if someone puts yellow onion in a salad, they don't understand onions. I was once served yellow onion in my salad at a mid tier Italian restaurant and I went total Karen on the waiter. "WTF is this? You turned my delicious salad into a bowl of ass pimples. Go back in the kitchen and use RED onions, throw some kalamata in there too for the salt to interact with the sweetness and acidity of my onion. Use balsamic reduction, and don't waste anymore of my time". Of course I didn't actually say that but I wanted to.

Valadia onions make the GOAT onion rings...

and then desert, 'how was your meal'
lovely thanks, stuffed
you want cake now?
no
ice cream?
NO
cheese board

WHO THE FUCK EATS 8 DIFFERENT CHEESES AFTER HAVING A MEAL?

what's wrong with you people?
Used to go a really posh place with parents and grandparents. Christmas Day it was a starter, a fish course, turkey and then dessert or cheese board. I sometimes split a calamari and then a main but I’m normally too full for dessert. I don’t know where I used to put it back then.
Now an 8 course tasting menu with small portions I can get on with.

There are only three food groups:

1. Meat

2. Cheese

3. Potato

Back