2nd strongest American wants to fight in the UFC

Also the diet buctcher SUCKS! Just a pro-wrestler trick'in for works in Pride. Just like how you trickin me for my time by coming at me for no other reason than not having a life.
He was good enough to beat a superheavyweight.

When you are that big then you are slow with terrible cardio. I thought this debate was already settled.

If you actually read through the thread, I mentioned Royce Graice. Unless you you are just biting off what I said.

As too all these other loser responding to me, I'm not even going to waste my time.

I have read through the thread. My response was to your quote, and you mentioned nothing of Royce Gracie, even in the part I cut out.

That said, Lucipher Alpha quoted a portion of your post and was basically saying that a super heavyweight can lose to a heavyweight outside of Japan.

Chill the fuck out.

The guy would probably be champ easily since he can probably kill u just by bear hugging you alone!

He needs to use strongman attributes like wrestling and not fight like that Mariuz Pud guy that insists on useless strongman striking. A bear hug would be devastating

The UFC's heavyweight limit is garbage.

It prevents us from knowing the true baddest man on the planet.

If it doesn't change anything, then sure, great. But the problem is we don't know.

If the limit was removed, and 350 lb wrestler or whatever could win the title, then whatever, if he can win, then he deserves to.

Big Foot would be so much stronger without the weight limit.

And poor Struve. If that guy could hit the weights more without going over 265, he very well could be able to overpower anyone as they currently are at heavyweight.

I want to see a relatively lean 290 lb Struve be able to fight god dammit.

Meh, the smaller HW's usually are the better ones, anyway.

According to Wikipedia:

Past:

Emelianenko = 235

Big Nog = 237

Cro Cop = 232

Current:

Velasquez = 240

dos Santos = 238

Werdum = 236

Do you notice a trend there?

It seems most of, or practically all the best and most legendary HW's, past and present, were all very, very close in weight. To me, 230-240 is the ideal weight for HW. Fedor, Cro Cop & Big Nog were the very best HW's in the world back in the day and they were all close in weight - today, it's Cain, JDS & Werdum and they are all very close in weight, too.

Most of the bigger guys, the ones that are 260+, they don't see to be as good/successful as the smaller HW's. You actually see the smaller HW's beat the absolute fuck out of the bigger guys regularly.

All the guys I listed happen to be pretty much THE best HW's ever. I know I'm missing some guys, but, as I said - Fedor, Big Nog & Cro Cop were the best and most legendary HW's of their time, and today, Cain, JDS & Werdum are the best, and soon to be considered to most legendary of their time.

Whether the HW limit was changed to have bigger guys, I still think the same guys would rule the UFC's HW division right now. Stipe Miocic is 238 and Andrei Arlovski is 240. It can't just be a coincidence that the very best HW's happen to all be around the same weight and all the bigger guys around 260+ aren't on their level, you know?

230-240 is the ideal weight for HW. Throughout the history of HW's in MMA, the very best ones happen to be around the same weight, and all the bigger guys just aren't on their level. At least that's what it seems like.

P.S. - Werdum used to weigh more back in the day and also in his first UFC run. Since he has come back to the UFC and started his streak on his way to becoming the champion, and one of the greatest HW's of all time, he lost some weight and put on some muscle, he got in GOOD shape and he now comes in around 230 something. Again, 230-240 is the ideal weight for HW. I truly believe that based on what we have seen over so many years in the MMA HW's throughout the history of the sport. It can't just be a coincidence.

Better question is do you?

If you truly did you would've known that big nog was an inch away from being paralyzed in the hands of bob sapp n that's in a ring.

Could you imagine a guy big n strong like that in a cage?

He would just press UFC "hw" against the cage n they could do nothing to get out

There HAS been guys that big in a cage. And they got tapped out by a 160 pounder.

Even if there was no limit on the HW division, Bob Sapp would not be fighting in the UFC anyway. The guy is practically a walking pharmaceutical.

Also.. you picked the ONE time that a guy that big has been almost successful. Yes, he "almost" paralyzed Nog. But then he got tapped out.

I don't need your welcoming or lame ass sarcasm.

Funny how some idiots on a website who have a higher post account start acting with entitlement. Does your red belt make you feewl spwecial here...cause I know it doesn't in REAL LIFE.

Also the diet buctcher SUCKS! Just a pro-wrestler trick'in for works in Pride. Just like how you trickin me for my time by coming at me for no other reason than not having a life.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_board_usage

Here is a link to the forum FAQ, it is pretty easy to navigate. (I do this for most brand new mma fans.)

Seems like you're off to a pretty rocky start, arguing with some of our more senior contributors (coarse language too). I just want to you get a feel for how the code of conduct is for new fans of the sport. It can be pretty exciting at times, even on a message board. (This is also your last warning)

I have read through the thread. My response was to your quote, and you mentioned nothing of Royce Gracie, even in the part I cut out.

That said, Lucipher Alpha quoted a portion of your post and was basically saying that a super heavyweight can lose to a heavyweight outside of Japan.

Chill the fuck out.

Apparently you can't read or like I said, you didn't read through the whole thread. PAGE 4, I mention Royce GRAICE.

As in, I brought him into the conversation. I'll chill out once you fuck off

Misleading title. Just love everyone jumping on him.

But yeah this guy seems cool as fuck, thanks for introducing me to him ts.

that dude is just really nice. I wasn't expecting that.

Add Nog vs Sapp to your list while your at it

Or better yet Royce vs Gerard Gordeau or Kimo Leopoldo

6'0 185-190 vs 250 pound guys. Each guy he finished!

The point is, this is modern day and there are rules set up. Same sanctions that don't allow groin strikes and headbutts as well as weight classes so the sport can be allowed in different places and showed on network T.V.

onefc brah

"modern day" bs

I can't tell if your a closet drag whore or a no-lifer with 7,000 plus post count dating back to who gives a shit.

The way you talk with that attitude, I'm gonna go with closet drag. See what I did there, kid?

This is the last time I'm gonna respond to you.

You're quite rustled.

onefc brah

"modern day" bs

Onefc isn't broadcast on fox brah

Nore is it under STRICT unified rules to be sanction here in America brah

Nice try brah, I would say play again but you're out of quarters brah

I say remove the limit. Most over 265 will have no skill anyways so it wont be unfair

I got way more laughs reading this thread than I expected.

Thanks Prince Nephilim. You're a classic insecure keyboard warrior.

Very entertaining to watch you struggle when people poke fun of you. (even the times when they really weren't poking fun of you) :icon_chee

It's not a limit because it's a weight class. If we are going to go above 265 then UFC would need a super-heavyweight class and not have a cap.

What's the point of having a guy 250 vs a guy that 350 pounds. That shit wouldn't be sanction. That's how somebody gets murdered.

In MMA theres been fights between 150 lb guys and 350 lb and the smaller guy usually wins because skill > size. The best heavyweights would still be around 230 - 250.

Onefc isn't broadcast on fox brah

Nore is it under STRICT unified rules to be sanction here in America brah

Nice try brah, I would say play again but you're out of quarters brah

You're still doing it wrong.

You need to be using all caps to emphasize your correctness and anger. LET IT ALL OUT.

Back