2nd strongest American wants to fight in the UFC

It's not a limit because it's a weight class. If we are going to go above 265 then UFC would need a super-heavyweight class and not have a cap.

What's the point of having a guy 250 vs a guy that 350 pounds. That shit wouldn't be sanction. That's how somebody gets murdered.
You must be new to MMA.

hh.jpg

No need to have a super heavyweight class, that just dilutes talent.

Boxing has no cap on the heavyweight class. People can be as big as they want.

That's why a monster like Valuev was able to fight.

I want to see what a guy of that size could do in the UFC.

A murder won't fucking happen. Refs will stop fights far quicker in uncapped heavyweight fights.

The UFC's baddest man on the planet moniker given for the heavyweight champion comes with an asterisk:

*Baddest man within 265 lbs. Beyond that, we don't know*

You can't compare Boxing to MMA. That's just stupid. MMA is much more dangerous. You get a 350 pound 6'8 guy ground and pounding a guy that's 240 6'3 and there leaves much more room for injury.

Also "the moniker baddest man on the planet given to a HW". Don't tell me you're another one of those big insecure guys that think the biggest is the best.

Jon Jones could beat Werdum. It's not final because Werdum is a tad bigger that he could beat every 205'er.

Also my main point on why this is stupid is, it wouldn't get sanctioned in the US. We actually have rules that are set up to protect the welfare of fighter.

That's why they have weight classes in the first place.

Last edited:
Once guys get above a certain size, say somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 pounds, they simply cannot have anywhere near the stamina to go 3 rounds. It could make for some very exciting quick finishes in round 1, but it could also lead to two exhausted giants with their hands on their knees unable to finish each other for 13 or 14 minutes. I would like to see it. The UFC puts on so many boring fights nowadays anyway.

You must be new to MMA.

hh.jpg

That's in Japan you trollistic bum. Also, that's Fedor taking on Hong man choi who was vastly out matched in terms of actual MMA skill.

Japan, the home of freak show fights, where MMA is more of a spectacle like pro-wrestling. I remember Nog vs Sapp too.

Nice try though, better luck next time

Get him hooked up with Dolce.

Big Z would over head press him and toss him out of the octagon anyways.

But would need only 10 seconds to rip a UFC "hw" in 2 so it's irrelevant

Do you not watch MMA then? Weight and even height isn't really a big deal at heavyweight if the skill level is lacking, most guys that heavy are way too slow and awkward to be good fighters...

Hong man choi...7,1 and 315lbs

81a74117.jpg

Zuluzinho...6,7 and 390lbs

fedor_20vs_20zulu.gif

Emmanuel Yarborough...6,8 and 600lbs.

ib1Q0nITcZcbj2.gif

That's in Japan you trollistic bum. Also, that's Fedor taking on Hong man choi who was vastly out matched in terms of actual MMA skill.

Japan, the home of freak show fights, where MMA is more of a spectacle like pro-wrestling. I remember Nog vs Sapp too.

Hi there, I couldn't help but notice by your join date that you are new to mma. No big deal! (We all start somewhere) I would recommend checking out some beginning posting tutorials on sherdog. We are a small tight knit Internet community on sherdog, we just want to see you start your journey into mma with an open mind.

He's says he would like to do it. Like it would possibly be cool to do. Then says his wife wouldn't let him.

Names thread "Wants to fight in the UFC"...

wat?

"That's in Japan."

Great argument. So what changes when heavies fight superheavies outside of Japan?

fatguymma.gif

Not bashing though, this guy is genuinely a very nice and humble guy if you actually have watched the video. He was just simply answering/reading tweets, either if they were intentionally mean or good spirited.

Yeah, I have seen him before on that munchies thing,and he does seem like a good guy. watching what he eats though, wow, you worry about his blood vessels. His blood work would be interesting.

Do you not watch MMA then? Weight and even height isn't really a big deal at heavyweight if the skill level is lacking, most guys that heavy are way too slow and awkward to be good fighters...

Hong man choi...7,1 and 315lbs

81a74117.jpg

Zuluzinho...6,7 and 390lbs

fedor_20vs_20zulu.gif

Emmanuel Yarborough...6,8 and 600lbs.

ib1Q0nITcZcbj2.gif

Add Nog vs Sapp to your list while your at it

Or better yet Royce vs Gerard Gordeau or Kimo Leopoldo

6'0 185-190 vs 250 pound guys. Each guy he finished!

The point is, this is modern day and there are rules set up. Same sanctions that don't allow groin strikes and headbutts as well as weight classes so the sport can be allowed in different places and showed on network T.V.

The UFC's heavyweight limit is garbage.

It prevents us from knowing the true baddest man on the planet.

If it doesn't change anything, then sure, great. But the problem is we don't know.

If the limit was removed, and 350 lb wrestler or whatever could win the title, then whatever, if he can win, then he deserves to.

Big Foot would be so much stronger without the weight limit.

And poor Struve. If that guy could hit the weights more without going over 265, he very well could be able to overpower anyone as they currently are at heavyweight.

I want to see a relatively lean 290 lb Struve be able to fight god dammit.

I think there should be open weight matches too, but that'll (bold part) never happen simply because those limits (nearly the exact same amount from high school through the olympics) exists in wrestling....unless you mean pro wrestling

Anybody that size is going to be vastly outmatched in terms of skill.

Hi there, I couldn't help but notice by your join date that you are new to mma. No big deal! (We all start somewhere) I would recommend checking out some beginning posting tutorials on sherdog. We are a small tight knit Internet community on sherdog, we just want to see you start your journey into mma with an open mind.

Actually been coming here since 2005. I remember the old school web layout when everything was much lighter.

And poor Struve. If that guy could hit the weights more without going over 265, he very well could be able to overpower anyone as they currently are at heavyweight.

265 pound Struve didn't exactly look cut.

Back