2nd strongest American wants to fight in the UFC

Guess who won this fight?

01492.jpg

God bless that country

NO. For the last time.

No super heavyweight division guy. Uncapped heavyweight division. Just like in boxing.

That will open up the division to a larger roster, not dilute it by spreading it across an extra one.

It is dangerous (read: incomprehensibly stupid) to sanction a 235lbs man to cage fight a 400lbs man. The days of no-holds-barred spectacle are gone.

This is a sanctioned sport. We do not sanction 100lbs+ weight differences.

It is dangerous (read: incomprehensibly stupid) to sanction a 235lbs man to cage fight a 400lbs man. The days of no-holds-barred spectacle are gone.

It is dangerous for the 400 pound man.

Why is Bethe beinig scationed to fight rhonda?

I agree that the division should be uncapped like boxing. The limit really is pointless, because there have only been a handful of noteworthy fighters in the history of the sport that couldn't make 265. Even Brock made 265 without difficulty.

You could argue that making it uncapped would therefore change almost nothing - which is correct. But really, the cap serves no real purpose. The "freakshow" type fighters would either never make the UFC due to lack of talent, or be lower level guys. Which is what they should be. LOL at people saying fighting a 350 pounder would be unfair - those 350 pounders would by and large get destroyed by fitter fighters.

The only talented fighter I can think of hurt by the limit is Bigfoot. He was a 300+ pound beast. And he looked *proportional*, with big traps and arms.

Cutting to 265, he looks freakish - with those skinny arms with skin hanging down and a huge head.

So anyway, in the end it makes little difference. I'm just philosophically opposed to such a pointless limit.

265 is a pipe dream for him. He could go fight Bob sapp if he's still alive though.

Fighting is already dangerous. There is already a known diminishing returns with regards to weight, but we don't know how much and how different it will be among individuals. That's what makes it interesting. We do not have any idea if it will be an advantage or not to have that much of a weight gap.

Boxing had a guy like Valuev being able to fight. And it was fine.

And no, boxing is far more dangerous to one's health than MMA. On volume of strikes alone, so I don't get that argument.

Fights are stopped far quicker in MMA than in boxing, due to the existence of standing 8 counts. So it won't be any more dangerous.

I think he would hate cutting down to 265 lbs. I doubt he could do it. Makes me wonder when the last time he was ever that weight. My guess is when he was still in higschool.

Watch the video instead of making yourself look like a complete shoulder biter.

Imagine if Brock didn't have to cut weight and lose weight.

Like I said man, welcome to the community, no one will judge you here.

I don't need your welcoming or lame ass sarcasm.

Funny how some idiots on a website who have a higher post account start acting with entitlement. Does your red belt make you feewl spwecial here...cause I know it doesn't in REAL LIFE.

Also the diet buctcher SUCKS! Just a pro-wrestler trick'in for works in Pride. Just like how you trickin me for my time by coming at me for no other reason than not having a life.

It is dangerous for the 400 pound man.

Exactly. This people are acting like the limit saves all the smaller fighters from this behemoths taking over. But the fact is, in all of these "giant" fights, the smaller guy has won pretty much everytime from what I've seen.

A 400 lb man may have more brute force, but he doesnt have the speed to apply it. A 250 lb man has the necessary power as well as the speed.

The only one that seemed to have some success was Sapp and he was roided out of his fucking mind.

The UFC's heavyweight limit is garbage.

It prevents us from knowing the true baddest man on the planet.

If it doesn't change anything, then sure, great. But the problem is we don't know.

If the limit was removed, and 350 lb wrestler or whatever could win the title, then whatever, if he can win, then he deserves to.

Big Foot would be so much stronger without the weight limit.

And poor Struve. If that guy could hit the weights more without going over 265, he very well could be able to overpower anyone as they currently are at heavyweight.

I want to see a relatively lean 290 lb Struve be able to fight god dammit.
It's not the UFC's limit. It's the fucking stupid ass unified rules that also ban knees to the head on the ground.

I don't need your welcoming or lame ass sarcasm.

Funny how some idiots on a website who have a higher post account start acting with entitlement. Does your red belt make you feewl spwecial here...cause I know it doesn't in REAL LIFE.

Also the diet buctcher SUCKS! Just a pro-wrestler trick'in for works in Pride. Just like how you trickin me for my time by coming at me for no other reason than not having a life.

Aren't we an angry little man? You should type in all caps so we can all see how tough you are.

Do you not watch MMA then? Weight and even height isn't really a big deal at heavyweight if the skill level is lacking, most guys that heavy are way too slow and awkward to be good fighters...

Hong man choi...7,1 and 315lbs

81a74117.jpg

Zuluzinho...6,7 and 390lbs

fedor_20vs_20zulu.gif

Emmanuel Yarborough...6,8 and 600lbs.

ib1Q0nITcZcbj2.gif

Better question is do you?

If you truly did you would've known that big nog was an inch away from being paralyzed in the hands of bob sapp n that's in a ring.

Could you imagine a guy big n strong like that in a cage?

He would just press UFC "hw" against the cage n they could do nothing to get out

isn't he one of the 12 that took on that silverback?

Was that a real thing? I avoided that thread because I thought it was going to be page after page of arguing between people who are neither strongmen nor primatologists, but have strong opinions anyways.

Haha, "not as big as you would think." That's easy to say when you're 6'8 400 lbs.

I'm 6'4 220 and I'm sure most middleweights walk around out of fight camps weighing more than me.

This guy get it, other than the fact that he's lying about his own height and weight :rolleyes:

It's not a limit because it's a weight class. If we are going to go above 265 then UFC would need a super-heavyweight class and not have a cap.

What's the point of having a guy 250 vs a guy that 350 pounds. That shit wouldn't be sanction. That's how somebody gets murdered.

I might be wrong but boxing does not have a limit for HW.
No one is being murdered and over history there have been a number of dominant HWs at different weights.
So no 300+lbs fighters does not automatically mean instant win. At that weight it also becomes a liability for some.

That's in Japan you trollistic bum. Also, that's Fedor taking on Hong man choi who was vastly out matched in terms of actual MMA skill.

Japan, the home of freak show fights, where MMA is more of a spectacle like pro-wrestling. I remember Nog vs Sapp too.

Nice try though, better luck next time

To be fair, when Nog fought Sapp, Sapp was a legitimate fighter and had already shocked the world in kickboxing.

Back