• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2021 motor racing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like running slower in the first sector saves on the tires for the rest of the lap.

Who crashes in Q3? It's so close they have to go all out. Certainly someone will try to go too fast and hit a barrier.

Who crashes in Q3? It's so close they have to go all out. Certainly someone will try to go too fast and hit a barrier.

Tsunoda assures the pole for Leclerc!

Poor Bottas and Verstappen again loses a chance to take the pole.

Four red flags. That’s just nuts. Should be interesting race tomorrow with chance Of safety car being high.

The tire situation could make a huge difference tomorrow. The soft tires were going off fast for the Ferraris in practice. Can teams make it a one stop race starting on the soft tires? Cars not in the top ten will certainly start on medium tires and run longer before changing tires which could make it difficult to change tires early and not get stuck in the pack.

Four red flags. That’s just nuts. Should be interesting race tomorrow with chance Of safety car being high.

I'd say the chance of a safety car is almost 100%. Multiple safety cars are certainly possible. They did manage to run Monaco without a safety car.

I'd say the chance of a safety car is almost 100%. Multiple safety cars are certainly possible. They did manage to run Monaco without a safety car.
For sure. Did they change the track layout here?

@Rawex lol

Toto and Christian Horner are firing SHOTS at each other lol

Mercedes got a bad break having to hold Hamilton for a safe release that gave the Red Bulls first and second place. Perez had the slow stop that probably kept him from taking the lead from Max. It looked like a gun problem but I wonder if it was staged to keep Perez behind Max. Ferrari showing they still aren't in contention and Stroll hoping for a safety car only to become the safety car as his left rear fails. The position of the crash closes the pit so I doubt anybody dares to stop with the field bunched up behind the safety car.

Mercedes got a bad break having to hold Hamilton for a safe release that gave the Red Bulls first and second place. Perez had the slow stop that probably kept him from taking the lead from Max. It looked like a gun problem but I wonder if it was staged to keep Perez behind Max. Ferrari showing they still aren't in contention and Stroll hoping for a safety car only to become the safety car as his left rear fails. The position of the crash closes the pit so I doubt anybody dares to stop with the field bunched up behind the safety car.
Did you hear anything about what will happen with the Flexwing controversy? Ralf Schumacher said "next race everything will be different and the discussions will be over"; I haven't seen anything official though.

Did you hear anything about what will happen with the Flexwing controversy? Ralf Schumacher said "next race everything will be different and the discussions will be over"; I haven't seen anything official though.

They are using cameras on the cars and lines on the wings to look at flex.

Mercedes should have put tires on Bottas. He has 3 cars behind him on fresh tires.

Verstappen crashes out of the lead. Possible left rear. He had just set the fastest lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back