2021 motor racing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should check out Fast Fridays in Auburn.
Is that speedway or flT track either way I'd like to check it out. What kind of mods would I need to convert a 2003 Cr250r into a flat rack bike? All new suspension just stiff in up what I already have?

Is that speedway or flT track either way I'd like to check it out. What kind of mods would I need to convert a 2003 Cr250r into a flat rack bike? All new suspension just stiff in up what I already have?

I've no experience when it comes to bikes, but have raced cars at a club level.

The biggest thing I can say to someone at your point is to go to your local track, hang around in the pits, talk to competitors, ask about their builds, equipment, experience, check out their bikes, familiarise yourself with the way things work, immerse yourself in that environment and things will come together naturally. The motorsport crowd is all too happy to help new comers get involved and no one can give you better insights than the people already doing what you're now setting out to do.

It's an awesome thing to be a part of, you're going to love it.

I've no experience when it comes to bikes, but have raced cars at a club level.

The biggest thing I can say to someone at your point is to go to your local track, hang around in the pits, talk to competitors, ask about their builds, equipment, experience, check out their bikes, familiarise yourself with the way things work, immerse yourself in that environment and things will come together naturally. The motorsport crowd is all too happy to help new comers get involved and no one can give you better insights than the people already doing what you're now setting out to do.

It's an awesome thing to be a part of, you're going to love it.
Ya I'm kinda hesitant to get back into racing motocross and that video looked like a blast and I think I would have a better chance of not getting hurt badly doing that. Thanks for the advice.

It's speedway racing.

I don't know much about how to build bikes but I do know a lot of them at Auburn run Jawa bikes. I think you can get a bike from anywhere between 2.5k-4k but I don't know what kind of maintenance is involved or how difficult it is to get parts. Seems to be about the cheapest way to race but I could be wrong.

NASCAR may not have a full 40 car field for the Daytona 500. In the past, teams could buy a used chassis and run it but with the new rules this year, there aren't any used chassis so the costs become prohibitive. Many sponsors have pulled out of NASCAR for various reasons from the falling viewership, to the demographics of the viewers, to the ever increasing costs and lack of exposure. Back in the ESPN days, the cars and drivers were identified by their sponsors. After Fox got the rights, they wouldn't mention the car sponsors unless the sponsors paid them. Sponsors have learned that it's cheaper to place ads in the broadcast than to sponsor cars. Even the top teams are having difficulty securing sponsors.

What? Surely no one can believe this.

• Imola; Lewis goes off track on his own breaking his front wing and had it not been for the perfectly timed Bottas/Russel crash and resulting red flag he would have finished out of the points but instead got P2.
  • Exploding tire in Baku; happened to multiple drivers with zero warning resulting in one of the reasons they called the red flag so drivers could change tires. Pirelli's own investigation confirmed it was not the teams fault and made changes to mitigate the issue. A change that people feel benefited Mercedes.
  • Silverstone; Lewis gained 26 points from sending Max off the road and into the wall. The resulting red flag allowed Lewis to repair his car at no time loss. Plus it also destroyed Max's engine resulting in him having to take penalties later on.
  • Hungary; Bottas goes bowling taking out both Red Bulls leaving Max with half a bargeboard/floor causing him to have Haas level's of downforce and only getting P9.
Spa was a 5 point swing due to half points, really not much in the grand scheme. Max led more laps than the entire rest of the grid, combined and was on the podium every race he didn't DNF (minus Hungary.) Both drivers would have been worthy of the title but to say Max had more luck than Lewis, come on.
max and luck. please by las 3rd of season fia saw red bull/honda was serious about competing for title so so many bias things going for Hamilton/ from going of rack on ever lap Hamilton did no warning somebody else does warning no more b.s. from fia. even last race first lap 6 corner if that was a gravel/sand rap max get win on first lap.this is not trolling but soccer/f1/handball and oher world spors are ROYALTY sports where gentlemen and ladies come to watch it while American 3 sports are PEASANT sport where all the cheap ass race baiting and other chaos happen. you could see it with american gp when liberty wanted to turn f1 into peasant sport and start interviewing some rappers or something about it. soccer/f1 and other world sports are royalty no drama no b.s. until espn and liberty came on thinking we can bring peasant sport talking point to world sport. euros last year were proof how hey try to bring peasant sport talking point which is race baiting all the time

Last edited:
max and luck. please by las 3rd of season fia saw red bull/honda was serious about competing for title so so many bias things going for Hamilton/ from going of rack on ever lap Hamilton did no warning somebody else does warning no more b.s. from fia. even last race first lap 6 corner if that was a gravel/sand rap max get win on first lap.this is not trolling but soccer/f1/handball and oher world spors are ROYALTY sports where gentlemen and ladies come to watch it while American 3 sports are PEASANT sport where all the cheap ass race baiting and other chaos happen. you could see it with american gp when liberty wanted to turn f1 into peasant sport and start interviewing some rappers or something about it. soccer/f1 and other world sports are royalty no drama no b.s. until espn and liberty came on thinking we can bring peasant sport talking point to world sport. euros last year were proof how hey try to bring peasant sport talking point which is race baiting all the time

How drunk were you when you typed this?

How drunk were you when you typed this?
this is how it is .espn is a race baiter for peasant American sports. Now Berny Ecclestone would never go and go and say how can i exploit race of one of mine driver. ha is where libertyy and espn comes HOW CAN WE EXPLOIGT RACE TO GET MORE CLICKS. i mean every espn show from ATH,PTI AND OTHER TTHEYY MAKE SURE THEYYY BRING RACE INTTO. espn is race baiter they do not talk about sport of f1 but how is one driver that is black affect f1 b.s. i hope hamiltton rettires and lets see experiment with espn will their f1 page talk about lets say asian or laino/s american European driver at all. i want to see that experiment

this is how it is .espn is a race baiter for peasant American sports. Now Berny Ecclestone would never go and go and say how can i exploit race of one of mine driver. ha is where libertyy and espn comes HOW CAN WE EXPLOIGT RACE TO GET MORE CLICKS. i mean every espn show from ATH,PTI AND OTHER TTHEYY MAKE SURE THEYYY BRING RACE INTTO. espn is race baiter they do not talk about sport of f1 but how is one driver that is black affect f1 b.s. i hope hamiltton rettires and lets see experiment with espn will their f1 page talk about lets say asian or laino/s american European driver at all. i want to see that experiment

Take some time to sober up before posting any more.

Take some time to sober up before posting any more.
i would likr to see espn use some other race or no race at all to tell me how somethig will be better now that black is it. race baiting in american sports by snake oil salesman espn and others is just crzy. i mean keep it to american peasant sports.i mean euro was this year some espn fettish race articles constantly.

NASCAR may not have a full 40 car field for the Daytona 500. In the past, teams could buy a used chassis and run it but with the new rules this year, there aren't any used chassis so the costs become prohibitive. Many sponsors have pulled out of NASCAR for various reasons from the falling viewership, to the demographics of the viewers, to the ever increasing costs and lack of exposure. Back in the ESPN days, the cars and drivers were identified by their sponsors. After Fox got the rights, they wouldn't mention the car sponsors unless the sponsors paid them. Sponsors have learned that it's cheaper to place ads in the broadcast than to sponsor cars. Even the top teams are having difficulty securing sponsors.

Nascar is put in a rough spot. They have to go woke because of their sponsors but race fans aren't woke. The new car is just putting even more of a financial strain on teams and they're already hurting for sponsorship. Not to mention their drivers are just rich kids with no personalities that the fan base can't relate with. It's why half the sponsors are as identifiable as the sponsors at your local short track race. Even big money teams are running random sponsors you've never heard of a big chunk of the time. Back in the 90s the cars and drivers were easy to identify and they had a brand associated with them. That's all but gone.

ae752799a6d4eda97969982b28691c3e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back