2020 Motorsports thread.

Get in there George.. no pressure lol. Bottas needs to capitalise here too.
It’s always gonna take some time getting used to a new set up, but if Bottas gets out qualified or performed, it won’t look good. I like both these guys, but can’t really think of anyone I want to fail really. Although there are some aggressive drivers who I could do without!

Hoping Russell gets the win but it looks like Bottas is going to be the favorite. From what people are saying that once someone gets out in front and out of DRS range that it will be extremely hard to catch up. Luckily Bottas has been pretty bad on lap 1 this year.

Wasn't overly thrilled with Bottas at first tbh, but he is one of my favorite drivers now. He gets the job done with a minimum of fanfare and has a quiet, determined
disposition. I hope he has a long, successful career. I would like to see him race in some other series as well during the off season. (but not rally! don't want to see
another Kubica tragedy)

Wasn't overly thrilled with Bottas at first tbh, but he is one of my favorite drivers now. He gets the job done with a minimum of fanfare and has a quiet, determined
disposition. I hope he has a long, successful career. I would like to see him race in some other series as well during the off season. (but not rally! don't want to see
another Kubica tragedy)
I have nothing against Bottas himself but I hate the situation Mercedes has set up there (which is no fault of his.) They clearly want a #1 and #2 driver, they prefer not having another inter team battle like they did Nico's championship year. Bottas is the absolute perfect driver for them as a #2. He can match and occasionally beat Lewis on a Saturday and get a win every now again on Sunday, but no where near the frequency to challenge for a title. He doesn't lose them points much at all and they have such a dominate car that the constructors is rarely in doubt.

I just don't see them putting someone in that #2 seat that can challenge Lewis unless Ferrari/Red Bull massively close the gap with the 2022 regs or if things start to sour between them and Lewis during this contract negotiation. Russell is definitely their future but I just don't see him next to Lewis.

I honestly take Lewis at this word about possibly retiring from F1 at the end of his contract, whenever that occurs. Until then, I don't see much changing at Mercedes.
You're spot on about Bottas being the perfect #2 on the team and his achievements.

Shut up, ralph
Ignorant motherfucker.
and fraud. you just repost what is said in the F1 blog/website
pretending to have 'insight' into the proceedings. lol, hack.

I've been watching and enjoying F1 for 50 years. Were you there when SIR Jackie Stewart
won his first race for BRM in '65?
or Senna's pole, wire to wire win at Monza?
or how about when Rindt died at the same track during qualie?
nah, didn't think so.

you're a paper tiger with no substance or value and zero insight into this sport.
and you're a hater.

You are the fraud here. You have shown your racist attitude and you are a sanctimonious prick. 50 years ago I was building racing cars and racing engines. I've been following Formula One since the days of Richie Ginther who was an aircraft mechanic who got into building and racing cars. You show you're stripes by using the word hater when you are the one who said he stopped watching Formula One because you hate the current champion. You are pathetic and maybe one day you will take a long look at yourself and change, but I doubt it. Why don't you just bow out and let better people discuss the sport.

I was wondering if there was going to be a problem fitting Russell in the Mercedes as he is much larger than Hamilton. It was interesting seeing his interview where he said he has to wear a size smaller shoe to get foot room. The cars are fitted to the driver and both Hamilton and Bottas are smaller than Russell. It's never comfortable in a Formula One car and a driver certainly can't drive well if he loses feeling in his feet.

Now they are talking about how high in the car Russell's head is sitting and wondering if it is interfering with the air intake.

It appears that everybody is running on soft tires in their first run so they are probably saving the medium and hard tires for the race like last week. Verstappen was complaining about his brakes again. I wonder how the energy recovery systems will handle the shorter course with fewer turns.

This track is fast! And Russell is a top of the fp1 leaderboard as I post this. Pretty crazy. Still early, but let’s see.

Williams put Aitken out on hard tires and he immediately destroyed the left front in a brake lockup. With this short course, they are having trouble getting a good run in traffic.

This track is fast! And Russell is a top of the fp1 leaderboard as I post this. Pretty crazy. Still early, but let’s see.

It took Bottas several tries to get a fast lap but still not faster than the Red Bulls. Now Russell goes faster than Albon to get back to fastest lap.

lets see how the quali and the race goes, but these FP1 results by young George are beyond impressive.

also, guys, its almost 2021, Xtmas is coming, we are all grown ups here, well except me, but can we dispense with the "fack you" "nah, fack you", "nah, fack YOU" ... please ?

You are the fraud here. You have shown your racist attitude and you are a sanctimonious prick. 50 years ago I was building racing cars and racing engines. I've been following Formula One since the days of Richie Ginther who was an aircraft mechanic who got into building and racing cars. You show you're stripes by using the word hater when you are the one who said he stopped watching Formula One because you hate the current champion. You are pathetic and maybe one day you will take a long look at yourself and change, but I doubt it. Why don't you just bow out and let better people discuss the sport.
Shut the hell up, ralph. It took you four days to come up with something in retort and this is all you've got? LOL at my 'racist' attitude. Because I disagree with Hammy's grandstanding I'm a racist?! You liberals are all the same. You love to label people so you can marginalize them and ignore their opinions. Instead of trying to eliminate people from the discussion, why don't you act your age stop labelling people based on your own bias.

And while we're at it, let's see how an F1 fanatic from the actual UK feels about Hamilton
@fingercuffs

Last edited:
Russell looking good in practice 2 leading Verstappen while Bottas is having difficulties staying on track and is only 11th fastest.

Shut the hell up, ralph. It took you four days to come up with something in retort and this is all you've got? LOL at my 'racist' attitude. Because I disagree with Hammy's grandstanding I'm a racist?! You liberals are all the same. You love to label people so you can marginalize them and ignore their opinions. Instead of trying to eliminate people from the discussion, why don't you act your age stop labelling people based on your own bias.

And while we're at it, let's see how an F1 fanatic from the actual UK feels about Hamilton
@fingercuffs

I usually don't bother to look at your race filled rants but sometimes they are good for a laugh. You are one of those people who has to try to put down someone else because you are a terrible person yourself.

I usually don't bother to look at your race filled rants but sometimes they are good for a laugh. You are one of those people who has to try to put down someone else because you are a terrible person yourself.
smh, ooh I'm a terrible person now. pathetic. example of 'race filled' rants please.

but I'll tell you, moderators don't appreciate this type of 'off topic' banter in the subs
so let's just take this over to the actual Off Topic subforum.
The people there are kind and courteous and you can throw more insults my way.
See you there, you tedious pompous fellow.

Last edited:
Back