2020 Motorsports thread.

Any other day I would be going mental over a out of the blue win like this but man I am so gutted for George. I hope he gets the drive next week.

Mercedes completely screwed themselves in this race. Good for Perez and racing point though. He had a great race after the incident with Leclerc that could have taken him out.
I get the feeling Lewis would have vetoed that safety car stop.

Absolutely gutted for Russell. Congrats to Perez, Ocon and Stroll but damn. Unbelievable George was in control the entire race and merc fucks it up. He puts his head down and was on pace to overtake the lead for the win and gets a puncture. Damn, well good work getting to 9th and his first points finish.

I hope he gets the drive next week and tbh I'd like to see him take Bottas seat.

Oh man I didn't even put it together that it was Aitken's crash that ultimately lead to the shit show that cost George the race. George is going to murder someone lol

What a race. Haha. Too funny. Glad to see Sergio get the win. This may get him that red bull drive next year.

good to see a Canadian on the podium. I would like to see a Canadian racing that isn’t there because of his rich dad though. We are 2/2 on that.

Wait am I smoking weed at 11am or was that some My Country Tis of Thee at the end of the Mexican anthem on the podium?

Will George Russell get a DQ for fitting Bottas’ tyres?

there will be a penalty, not sure what it will be.

Toto Wolff just said the same thing.
Dropping the F bomb on live TV as well.

Now that I have thought it about it more, seeing Bottas get swallowed up by the field on the restart showed that the pit during the SC was needed. Now Merc will go back to being flawless (at least on Lewis's side.)

Dropping the F bomb on live TV as well.

Now that I have thought it about it more, seeing Bottas get swallowed up by the field on the restart showed that the pit during the SC was needed. Now Merc will go back to being flawless (at least on Lewis's side.)

Eh Lewis went into the wall taking off his own wing meters before the pits making a last second (and illegal) cut into the pits. That situation was much more on him than the pitcrew. Now this one, is completely on the pitcrew. Toto is blaming a radio issue causing the communication issues but Mercedes double stack better than anyone else.

Eh Lewis went into the wall taking off his own wing meters before the pits making a last second (and illegal) cut into the pits. That situation was much more on him than the pitcrew. Now this one, is completely on the pitcrew. Toto is blaming a radio issue causing the communication issues but Mercedes double stack better than anyone else.
Yeah. I agree. But You make your own luck imo. Lewis just gives them less opportunity to screw up.

Any other time in the past 6 years I would have been absolutely loving a fuck up like this from Mercedes. The ONE time I want a Merc to cruise to a win they completely fuck it up.

Basically this.
But I guess I'm also fine with them fucking up and seeing a different podium. This was maybe the 3rd or 4th race I've watched this season from start to finish, (mainly because of the diva not being present + having Russell taking the seat). Can't say I'm disatisfied, hopefully he's also out next weekend again and George is back in Mercedes.

I want to know what sacrifice Lewis has made because this shit never happens to him anymore. Fucking hell I've never rooted for a Mercedes so hard, gutted for Russell.

Mercedes has done hundreds of double stack pit stops and never screwed up that badly. Toto said there might have been a radio problem in the garage and the teams weren't certain who was pitting first. That can happen on a safety car depending on where cars are at the time. Too bad they didn't notice it on Russell's car so they didn't have to pit twice. Of course the puncture was probably just bad luck that could have happened even if they had put the correct tires on.

I want to know what sacrifice Lewis has made because this shit never happens to him anymore. Fucking hell I've never rooted for a Mercedes so hard, gutted for Russell.
Merc has screwed up with Lewis. They screwed his timing up calling him in for a pit at Monaco that gave Nico the win. They didn’t put His head rest thing in I think Azerbaijan a few years back. Caused him to pit. There are probably more. Like I said. You make your own luck and when you drive well so long and so consistently, things work out.

Merc has screwed up with Lewis. They screwed his timing up calling him in for a pit at Monaco that gave Nico the win. They didn’t put His head rest thing in I think Azerbaijan a few years back. Caused him to pit. There are probably more. Like I said. You make your own luck and when you drive well so long and so consistently, things work out.

You can also avoid trouble in the pit by refusing to stop. I always questioned whether that stop in Monaco was done intentionally to give Nico the win. Mercedes wanted a German champion in a German car.

My thinking on the tire mixup is why don't teams have something very obvious to distinguish the tires. My first thought is different colored warming blankets. They have some markings on the tire but they aren't always in a position where the tire changer can see it. They should also have more difference in the color on the cars so the crew can tell which is which quickly. Maybe different color spoilers.

You can also avoid trouble in the pit by refusing to stop. I always questioned whether that stop in Monaco was done intentionally to give Nico the win. Mercedes wanted a German champion in a German car.

My thinking on the tire mixup is why don't teams have something very obvious to distinguish the tires. My first thought is different colored warming blankets. They have some markings on the tire but they aren't always in a position where the tire changer can see it. They should also have more difference in the color on the cars so the crew can tell which is which quickly. Maybe different color spoilers.
You can see the mechanic saw it as soon as Russell was given the green light to leave. So it was too late. Still no word on George getting another chance this weekend.

on another note, could Nikita mazepin have the shortest career in f1? What a moron. He posted a video of him feeling up a lady jn a car and she clearly didn’t want him doing it. What a shit stain.

Back