2018-19 MLB Offseason discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Machado = Yankees
God, I hope not. I think way too many NYY fans can't wait for a reason to boo him. Robbie Cano was (kinda) able to get away with loafing it to 1st base for reasons Machado won't have. I also think Camden Yards helped Manny's production.

Lol at the Reds. Wonder what the dodgers will do now

What the fuck are the Reds doing? This deal makes no sense from their perspective.
They get Wood which will start for them and Puig still cheaper for this one year. Maybe they can resign him. Kemp is cheaper then Bailey by a few million and Bailey gets a 5 million buyout next year since nobody will take his final year of his contract.

CIN trying to load up in the short term so they can land a current free agent or two?

While Harper is nice I would still rather trade for Kluber since he only makes 13 million the next two years each.

This also allows the Dodgers to start Verdugo if they keep him since he has nothing left to prove in the minors. Make a deal for Kluber without using Verdugo so he starts and have a rotation of Kershaw, Kluber, Buehler, Hill, Urias.

They get Wood which will start for them and Puig still cheaper for this one year. Maybe they can resign him. Kemp is cheaper then Bailey by a few million and Bailey gets a 5 million buyout next year since nobody will take his final year of his contract.
Yeah, true. Would have been nice if the Dodgers and Braves could have linked up for an OF.

I am shocked the Reds gave up their 2018 2nd round pick and a top 10 prospect in the deal.

It's December 21 and I've already lost count of Jerry Dipoto's trades.

OF Ben Gamel and RHP Noah Zavolas to MIL for OF Domingo Santana. (per Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times, pending medicals)

still gonna root for my guys are their new teams.

turner ward is in Cincinnati too. guess they're reunited.

I really hope Thugchado end up a Yankee. Zero chance he doesnt mail it in once he gets paid. Plus hes an easy guy to root against.

Yankees better off holding out for Anthony Rendon or locking up Didi for a few years and shifting him to 3B.

Would rather keep Andujar and DH him or something. Andujar / Didi / Gleybae is too likeable of a combo

Christmas through New Year's is always the most boring week.

The next major signing will be announced January 3rd.

Holy fuck. There's no way I could do that ..... without a cheese chaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back