2018-19 MLB Offseason discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ignorant MMA fan

Thought Crime Belt
@Black
Reaction score
With the low down dirty Red Sox putting a bow on a tremendous season, the Hot Stove Season is fast approaching. A monster free agent class, rumors, trades, roster decisions and whatever else, if it's baseball related, discuss it here.

Dealin' Dipoto is up to his old tricks. Yankees acquire LHP James Paxton, Mariners acquire LHP Justus Sheffield, OF Dom Thompson-Williams and RHP Erik Swanson.
I guess Cashman was serious about pitching this year.

Joe Mauer isn't a Hall of Famer.

The New York Yankees need another starting pitcher.

Need #1
Paxton
Severino
Tanaka
Sabathia

Good to see my boy Johnny Venters win comeback player of the year.

Paxton da GOAT. He pitches like 12 innings per year but let's be honest they're pretty spectacular innings so fuck it

Anyone got Harper, Machado predictions? I've been going Harper to PHI all year, but I think I'm changing it to ATL. Machado is a doofus and likely cost himself millions with his World Series actions. I don't think he gets the deal that everyone's been forecasting. I'm going Philies.

I think the Yankees round out the rotation with a dumpster dive SP and fortify the bullpen. Lot's of relief arms out there.

I would hate to see Thor go.

I would hate to see Thor go.

Poor Metsies. It really would be for the best though. Their roster is a mess and their farm stinks. The feud with Mr. Met was legendary. Who's got the goods to land him? Would be insane if he Astros or Dodgers landed him.

Paxton da GOAT. He pitches like 12 innings per year but let's be honest they're pretty spectacular innings so fuck it
he also had a bald eagle land on his shoulder completely by random.

So you know God announces he's no longer Canadian but American with that.

Ugh... Mariners rebuilding... still... a decade and a half later... Christ. And they won't be able to offload the three biggest contracts in Seegs, Cano, and Felix either.... but watch, they'll sell of Segura, Haniger, and other parts that would actually be worth keeping.

If I’m the Braves, I might use Ender Inciarte as a piece to net a true #1 SP.

Why? According to your logic he’ll be a can when he gets the AL.

He won’t be as good but he’s still the best pitcher available at the moment. He’d probably be their number 3 starter and the rotation looks a lot better with him in it than without.

If Severino can stop tipping his goddamn pitches, the addition of Corbin will be plenty

Won 100 games with Severino, Tanaka, old man CC, a couple AA guys, and then Happ and Lynn. Paxton and Corbin is far beyond anything that first scenario could've been

Poor Metsies. It really would be for the best though. Their roster is a mess and their farm stinks. The feud with Mr. Met was legendary. Who's got the goods to land him? Would be insane if he Astros or Dodgers landed him.

Padres

<Gordonhat>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back